PDA

View Full Version : Burr.....

Genny
January 27th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Good grief...here we go again! The wind is blowing so hard it's rattling our windows. We're having wind gusts up to 55mph and it's so cold out! Wind chills tonight at -30 degrees. I am so ready for spring...:icon_rolleyes:

Marlbankmom
January 27th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Same here in Canada...which is why I am heading to Florida in two weeks! Stay warm.

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Stay warm. People around here are starting to deal with a propane shortage with it running $5 a gallon.

Kgrammiecaz
January 27th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Same here in Canada...which is why I am heading to Florida in two weeks! Stay warm.

Where in Florida are you headed to? Just visiting or vacation. Have a great time. I am not sure how warm it will be but certainly warmer than the north

JCY
January 27th, 2014, 01:52 AM
You folks in the upper Midwest & Canada, be careful out there in the extreme cold. I saw pictures on the news of the person with frost bitten hands -- all black. The no. of frostbite patients has been very high this winter. Those wind chills are nothing to mess around with! JCY

K. McEuen
January 27th, 2014, 01:57 AM
I don't think I would mind the cold so much if there wasn't any wind. I just can't breathe right when that icy wind is blowing.

Genny
January 27th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Stay warm. People around here are starting to deal with a propane shortage with it running $5 a gallon.

We don't use propane but I sure feel bad for everyone that does, $5 a gallon is outreagous! My husband said a few of the guys he works with uses propane and that they're being limited to 100 gallon at a time, heavens in cold weather like this that won't last anytime at all.

Sheena
January 27th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I looked up Iowa and it's about 42*N latitude. Here in England we're about 53*N latitude. So although we are further North it's so much warmer. It's been around 13*C today that's 55.4*F.

That's an incredible difference. Unless I've worked it out wrong.

Bubby
January 27th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Same here, Genny! I had t go get the Girlz from the groomer and thought I'd get frostbite before I got them in to the car. The price of propane is $5.50 a gallon here.