PDA

View Full Version : No Night Owls for Old Women

toggpine
January 26th, 2014, 02:02 AM
OK, so I messed with the movie title a bit - I'm sure they will sue me.

This isn't going to sit well with anyone East of the Cascade mountain range, but I'm sure we'll pay for it later.
I have spent the last two days outside, with tomorrow looking like another. I'd much rather be inside sewing, but you take the sun breaks around here when they come. No worries, Monday night winter will return, or so says the weather man. By then, I probably won't be able to walk. The gardens will be in good shape, at least until the dirt gets warm enough to germinate all of those pesky weed seeds.
Therefore, tonight this lady won't be night owling too long. Unless I have another very weird dream that wakes me up, and I won't go back to bed for fear of it returning, then I'll see you all later.

Todays rant/question: I spent nearly an hour trying to get outside this morning. Everyone and everything seems to decide that RIGHT THEN is when they must have your attention. To heck with what you wanted to get done.

Do you ever have those days? What do you do about them?

ilive2craft2
January 26th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Oh, I am so jealous of your outside time today! It is currently 7* here. Supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow tonight and then get above freezing tomorrow and then the deep freeze comes - the high on Monday is supposed to be -6* with wind chills approaching -40*.

i don't have that happen as often as I used to - I am getting a little better at saying no or it will need to wait. It helps that we are at a different stage of our lives - our son is grown and out of the house, so it is just the 2 of us.

pcbatiks
January 26th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Sorry Cathy.....we must have been posting at the same time & I got distracted for a few minutes. So tonight we have two night owl threads. :)

pcbatiks
January 26th, 2014, 02:35 AM
First I will comment on our weather. Today was pretty and cool but the two days before that it was way too cold for us. Our temps here were only about two degrees warmer than it was in Newfoundland, Canada! It was 27 degrees most of the day. That is just wrong! :D

For me my day seem more likely to get derailed on days when I think "I am so organized today.....ready to roll...I'm going to get all kinds of things done". Then.....pppfftttt......nothing goes as planned!

Kgrammiecaz
January 26th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Nothing wrong with a couple of night conversations.

I really dont have anyone bugging for my time. Its more me bugging the kids for their time. Semantics change as we get older

snippet
January 26th, 2014, 02:45 AM
No worries about two night owl threads, they are fun and interesting!

Being retired and living alone, I don't get pulled in multiple directions by anyone much anymore. Although sometimes I feel that I do it to myself a lot. Sometimes I'll be doing something, walk into the next room to fetch it, then completely drop that and start on something else! and then it repeats. Geez I'm terrible at tangents (that's what I call it)!

Today turned out beautiful. Nice, warm and sunny with barely a breeze. I had a genealogy class at the downtown library this morning. I don't know that area of downtown well, so I decided to take the bus down there and avoid driving and the parking fees. It was pretty cold walking down my street and waiting at the bus stop, but the bus was warm and toasty and dropped me off right in front of the library. The class was good and I spent most of the afternoon browsing through the books and microfilm. Took the bus back home and walked up the street with my jacket in hand - it was too hot to wear!

Hulamoon
January 26th, 2014, 03:09 AM
You guys are going to laugh but the last couple of mornings have been about 58 Degrees and it's freezing! When you get accumulated to warm weather you can really feel it when it get's that low.

I had to say no to my two dd's for embroidery projects. One was for tee shirt logos and then my step dd wanted to know if I would make labels for her mom's quilts. I love her mom, we are good friends, but I talked her into buying some from Etsy, which they did.

I need to chop down some plant's so I think I will do that when the sun comes up!

toggpine
January 26th, 2014, 03:36 AM
No worries about the double Night Owl post Pam! Plenty of topics for everyone to discuss then, or catch up with in the AM!

I'm finishing my adult beverage and then deciding if I'm going to sleep on the couch, the guest bed, or fight the hubby for the covers on my side of the bed. I'm feeling a bit cranky spelled with a "B", and he's not working to keep his name off 'The List' this evening.
The couch is in front of the woodstove, so it's nice and warm there....

MayinJerset
January 26th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Nothing wrong with a couple of night conversations.

I really dont have anyone bugging for my time. Its more me bugging the kids for their time. Semantics change as we get older

Same here for me Karen. Although I have to admit family has been very good and attentive recently as my Bday was last week. In fact DS#3 drove down from Mass. today to take me out for my Bday. Snowing out so we ordered in and enjoyed our meal nice and cozy indoors.

Cathy you deserve to go to sleep for the night after putting in such a long day in the garden. I vote for the couch by the fireplace, that's where I'm going in a few minutes.

Cathy F
January 26th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Can't see the earth here got about another two inches of snow this afternoon, I'm so tired of winter!
Don't have many days when everyone wants my attention anymore just my husband and I here and our days are pretty much relaxed now that we're retired.

auntiemern
January 26th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Ahhhh, being pulled in different directions. That is the story of my life. Since we baby sit the grands, one of them is always wanting something, and usually more than one wants something different at the same time. Add the DH into the mix and they keep me pretty busy. That is why I am still up at 2 AM. I had the kids til almost 9 and decided to start on a quilt after I got back from taking them home. I am using a 'puppy love' charm pack, and making it similar to the one Sharon made but my sashing is narrower and my setting blocks are red. ( I told her I loved it ). I will get the top finished tomorrow, and may even start on the quilting. Now off to bed for me. Cathy, if I had a toasty wood stove to sleep by, that is definitely where I would be. GN all.