PDA

View Full Version : Crazy is EVERYWHERE!

PeggyM
January 25th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Police: 3 Dead, Including Suspected Shooter, After Shooting In Columbia Mall CBS Baltimore (http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/01/25/police-investigate-reports-of-shooting-in-columbia-mall/)

My daughter's friend was working at the mall and hid out in a back storage room. This whole world has gone crazy. Prayers for the innocent victims.

Monique
January 25th, 2014, 07:35 PM
So sad. I am glad her friend is safe.

Sharyn J
January 25th, 2014, 07:52 PM
OMG, I just read your link and it's really scarey that you can't even go shopping anymore! I worry so much about my GD's who love shopping. Our schools are no longer safe, our streets ridden with crime, perverts on the internet, scammers everywhere. What's next? We all have to stay indoors and armed? This is so sad. My prayers are with the innocent and the brave first responders who risk their lives to protect.

easyquilts
January 25th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Oh no.... I am glad your daughter's friend is safe....

Carol336
January 25th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I've been following this all day....so sad. Right in my backyard, been worried that I would know one of the victims. So glad your daughter's friend is ok. Sending prayers for all those affected by this horrible event

PeggyM
January 25th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I got the alert on my iPad, and knowing that she worked in that mall, in that area, I texted my SIL, who called her. She was locked down, understandably freaking out. It seems like the mall had a great response program in place, but it's really something that's not supposed to happen. I couldn't get ahold of my sister, who lives at the mall. Turns out, she turned her phone off.

HandsomeRyan
January 25th, 2014, 08:31 PM
That mall is not far, maybe 15 miles, from my house and my wife and I occasionally shop there. Very sad to have this happen. It is a really nice area (Columbia) but I know there is a lot of property crime around there (parking lot muggings and car theft). Wife and I were having lunch in Frederick today and saw the story on the news. As far as I know everyone I know here is okay.

Scary stuff.

PeggyM
January 25th, 2014, 08:51 PM
That mall is not far, maybe 15 miles, from my house and my wife and I occasionally shop there. Very sad to have this happen. It is a really nice area (Columbia) but I know there is a lot of property crime around there (parking lot muggings and car theft). Wife and I were having lunch in Frederick today and saw the story on the news. As far as I know everyone I know here is okay.

Scary stuff.

That would be your go-to mall. Glad you werent't there. I'm glad I didn't choose to redeem my Macy's gift card today :)

PeggyM
January 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM
OMG, I just read your link and it's really scarey that you can't even go shopping anymore! I worry so much about my GD's who love shopping. Our schools are no longer safe, our streets ridden with crime, perverts on the internet, scammers everywhere. What's next? We all have to stay indoors and armed? This is so sad. My prayers are with the innocent and the brave first responders who risk their lives to protect.

I was remembering dropping my girls off at the mall. I wonder how many 14-year-olds were there. They don't have skills to deal with this. But. Then, who does?