1 chicken or about 2 pounds of chicken parts, or chicken breasts with skin
1 quart canned chicken broth
2 large carrots, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 ribs of celery, sliced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley OR 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt or regular salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup uncooked thin noodles ( I use Oakland noodles, found at County Market and Rawhide Meat)
1 can cream of chicken soup

Place chicken and broth in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then cover and turn to simmer until tender. Dip out the chicken. Remove skin and bones. Cut chicken meat in bite-sized pieces and return to pot. Add carrots, onion, celery, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring back to a boil, then turn to simmer until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove lid and add noodles. Cook uncovered on heat just high enough to keep the liquid boiling gently. Do not overcook as noodles should be al dente. When done, stir in soup and heat through. Makes about 4 servings.

Madeforyouinma11
August 20th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I only joined the forum in July so this is the first chance I have had to check out the recipe section. This soup sounds amazing and there are quite a few of your other recipes that look amazing also. I will definitely be trying many of them. Thanks for posting all of them.

pcbatiks
December 12th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Just wanted to bring the post back up. It's a very good recipe. We make this one often. The only thing we changed was to leave out the noodles and add a can of northern beans & a can of black beans (drained & rinsed). It makes a hearty, delicious soup. Just wanted to re-share for those that like soup during the winter months.

KPH
December 12th, 2017, 12:37 AM
All of these delicious recipes are making me hungry!

Cokie
December 12th, 2017, 12:41 AM
This sounds good. I like recipes that can be made with things I usually have on hand. Thanks for bumping it back up.

Carlie Wolf
December 12th, 2017, 02:06 AM
I'm going to try this. I love chicken soups but for some reason they just don't have that full flavor that I use to get when I made them homemade. And I just don't know what I'm doing different :-(

Oh boy, I hope this one works for me!!

kimsophia
December 12th, 2017, 04:31 AM
I'm going to try this. I love chicken soups but for some reason they just don't have that full flavor that I use to get when I made them homemade. And I just don't know what I'm doing different :-(

Oh boy, I hope this one works for me!!

I find that those little Cornish hens have way more flavor, IMO. Usually they are sold frozen here in Iowa.

Carlie Wolf
December 12th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Good idea kimsophia. I'll try that, I actually have one in the freezer. Do you think just one is enough or should I pick up another one?

MissMay
December 12th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Soup sounds great both ways. Making the broth with chicken with the bones and skin still attached makes all the difference in its taste.

Patty J
December 12th, 2017, 05:04 PM
OK, I'm convinced to give this recipe a try. Thanks for re-posting this. I will have to go shopping for some of the ingredients, but I need to shop anyways. LOL

pcbatiks
December 12th, 2017, 05:05 PM
I just canned chicken broth and precut chicken pieces when I make it.

jjkaiser
December 12th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Ooh I can almost smell your house right now and nothing smells as delicious being cooked as home made chicken soup!! Sometimes soup broth is not as flavorful as I like so before serving I add 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes, that really helps.

kimsophia
December 13th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Good idea kimsophia. I'll try that, I actually have one in the freezer. Do you think just one is enough or should I pick up another one?

I really don't know...those hens are awfully small, but I don't like a lot of meat so I'd probably try it with one, personally.