PDA

View Full Version : Wow, the first Tuesday in May!

Blondie
May 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/easter/1.gif

Great Tuesday Morning, Ladies!

What a wonderfully beautiful day it was yesterday; while it is still dark outside my window, I am believing it to be yet another lovely day! Even thought it was gorgeouis outside, I did stay mostly in yesterday and do some sewing, cleaning, and playing with Gracie. And loving on Dinah kitty.
Then I went down to Mom's a few times; first in the morning and then in the pm. That little whirlwind can put any 5 of us to shame with her energy and drive. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. I came back up the hill with a box load of fabric. She had out on the lawn (clearing out a building) BOXES of fabric. The Good Lord only knows how old this stuff is. LOL. I am going to wash it up today on a gentle cycle and what makes it will be going in some scrappy blocks.

Hope to do some more blocks this morning. Off to have my "quiet time" and coffee with hubs.

Blessings to all today!!

suzette58
May 3rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
Goodness Blondie, I thought I was the only one up at this hour.
Right now I am at work (blah). Today after I get home I have to straighten up my studio. I sold a sewing machine on Ebay and now have some room to move stuff around. Then when i come in I'll try to finish the binding on my neice's quilt. Have a great day everyone.

Loonwatcher
May 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Good Morning All. I'm up early too. Been waking with head aches the last few days. At least they go away. Today is work followed by a little racquetball with a friend this afternoon.

I was so frustrated these past couple weeks sewing with the fleece for my son's quilt and it kept messing with my machine which I kept taking to the shop only to learn it was user error, technique and settings etc. I ended up buying a new Janome 2160 which I'm loving. It has more settings (like presser foot pressure) that my Brother does not, making it easier to work with the fleece. Although even with the new machine the fleece kept getting caught down in the feed dogs and tangling the thread underneath. Use the technique one of you lovely ladies gave (sorry, I forget who; I learn from all of you) of putting a small piece of paper under the fabric at the beginning. Works great! Thanks whoever! I think it might have been Lisa's idea.

Now I have to decide what to do with the Brother. It's only just over a month old and comes with a quilting package (walking foot, FMQ foot and expansion table). Actually I like it very much but I like the upgrade to Janome better. Do I sell the Brother or keep it for a spare?

Have a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
May 3rd, 2011, 07:19 AM
Unless you need to sell it so you have money for another much needed purchase, my choice would be to hold onto it for a while. I really like having a spare machine so I'm never without. When one goes in for routine maintenance or repair the other machine is there to fill in. There's nothing worse than being in the middle of a project, especially if there's a deadline involved, and all of a sudden something goes wrong and everything has to come to a halt.

debinmalaga
May 3rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Good morning all! It's another beautiful spring day here. Wishing you all my weather and the best of Tuesdays!

twnkeyes
May 3rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Good Morning to All! It's been unseasonably cool just north of the Houston area and I'm loving it because I know what's in the future. :( I'm off to my church quilting group this morning. We work on charity items and prayer quilts every Tuesday. They are the one's who taught me the basics of quilting and from there it's been Jenny. My flowers are blooming and the grass is green. All here is really beautiful. I hope everyone has a great day!

Sandy Navas
May 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
I feel like I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger, but don't have much to show for that. Off in just a few to pick up my Li'l Sis and then head to Olathe, KS to my DSIL's quilt guild to see an invited speaker (FORGOT WHO!!). Lunch and a trip to the Li'l Red Hen. Be gone all day.

Best to EVERYONE!!!!

Lola2Ace
May 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Good morning all. Thought I would say HI. I've been lurking a bit, but life has been so hectic haven't been able to spend much time sewing or chatting. Blondie, your Mom sounds like a wonderful lady with a great family to back her up. Nancy, I agree with keeping the machine as a back up. If you discover in the future you haven't used it, then you can make the decision to sell it. Deb, so glad you have some beautiful weather, we are on our 3rd day straight of rain. We are (not so) jokingly referring to Ohio as the 2nd Washington state! Twnkeyes, enjoy your group sewing day, it sounds wonderful!
I am starting a pillowcase for a great nephews birthday party this weekend and I am machine embroidering his name on the band, still quilting the friendship braid quilt and have a couple of other quilts in the planning stages. Last week was terrifying and amazing at the same time. On Monday DH left a voicemail on my phone that he was headed to ER after being struck by a car. He is ok, but what a scare. I think his foot is broken, but xrays at the time didn't show anything. He is still having quite a bit of pain with it though, bumps bruises and scrapes are healing nicely, just worried about his foot. Many many prayers of THANKS to the Good Lord above for sparing him any worse injuries for sure!
Well, emboidery machine is calling for the next step. Wishing all of you a wonderful day!
Lola
Oh, by the way has anybody noticed Jenny's new tutorials on applique?! It is soooo cute!

meemeecyn
May 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Good Tuesday morning, Ladies. Can not believe we have slid into May already. Goldie...just love reading your notes. Such inspiration and guts. You must have learned that from your Mom! Nancy....headaches in A.M....maybe withdrawal from not sewing during the night? Haha! Seriously, maybe allergies? Hope they go away soon. I have a Janome (7330 magnolia) that I bought 2 years ago when I first started quilting. Someday will get another one that does more, but really like the brand. I agree with the others...keep it for a spare, just in case! Lola....hope your DH feels better. What a scary feeling for both of you.

toggpine
May 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Happy Tuesday! I am wishing a wonderful day to all my quilty friends!
Lola, hope your husband figures out the foot thing and gets better soon. Lisa, How's the knee doing?
Off to sew for a bit!
Take care! Cathy

Mimis-quilts
May 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
I would keep it for a spare...never know, you may need it sometime if your other machine is tied up. :)

Good Morning All. I'm up early too. Been waking with head aches the last few days. At least they go away. Today is work followed by a little racquetball with a friend this afternoon.

I was so frustrated these past couple weeks sewing with the fleece for my son's quilt and it kept messing with my machine which I kept taking to the shop only to learn it was user error, technique and settings etc. I ended up buying a new Janome 2160 which I'm loving. It has more settings (like presser foot pressure) that my Brother does not, making it easier to work with the fleece. Although even with the new machine the fleece kept getting caught down in the feed dogs and tangling the thread underneath. Use the technique one of you lovely ladies gave (sorry, I forget who; I learn from all of you) of putting a small piece of paper under the fabric at the beginning. Works great! Thanks whoever! I think it might have been Lisa's idea.

Now I have to decide what to do with the Brother. It's only just over a month old and comes with a quilting package (walking foot, FMQ foot and expansion table). Actually I like it very much but I like the upgrade to Janome better. Do I sell the Brother or keep it for a spare?

Have a great day!

Mimis-quilts
May 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately, it is raining AGAIN here........so sick of wet gloomy weather! Think I will go to Florida for some sunshine...hmmm, really...we leave tonight after I get off of work, cannot wait! Going to visit my son and his family that I haven't seen since Christmas. Have a good week all! :)
Good morning all! It's another beautiful spring day here. Wishing you all my weather and the best of Tuesdays!

bakermom
May 3rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Glad your DH wasn't seriousy injured, Lola. What a scare! Maybe another xray to double check for a broken bone??
Nancy, if you can hold on to the old machine I would. I have both of my old machines put away"just in case". I've had to bring them out a few times. Glad your project is going better.
I have been cutting out blocks for future use. I have enough tumblers for a baby quilt. right now I'm cutting up a jelly roll to make a friendship braid like in Jenny's tutorial. I'm surprised at how fast it's going. I'm taking a break before i aggravate my wrist(carpel tunnel). I'm becoming a bit more mobil but i'm trying real hard to be good and not press my luck with this foot.

mamaquilt
May 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Unfortunately, it is raining AGAIN here........so sick of wet gloomy weather! Think I will go to Florida for some sunshine...hmmm, really...we leave tonight after I get off of work, cannot wait! Going to visit my son and his family that I haven't seen since Christmas. Have a good week all! :)

Enjoy Florida and your vacation with your son. I'll only be off this afternoon, a very sunny one, to France to do some fabric shopping! That's very nice for a Tuesday too.

mamaquilt
May 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Glad your DH wasn't seriousy injured, Lola. What a scare! Maybe another xray to double check for a broken bone??
Nancy, if you can hold on to the old machine I would. I have both of my old machines put away"just in case". I've had to bring them out a few times. Glad your project is going better.
I have been cutting out blocks for future use. I have enough tumblers for a baby quilt. right now I'm cutting up a jelly roll to make a friendship braid like in Jenny's tutorial. I'm surprised at how fast it's going. I'm taking a break before i aggravate my wrist(carpel tunnel). I'm becoming a bit more mobil but i'm trying real hard to be good and not press my luck with this foot.

Watch out for your wrist.
I'm talking experience. That's why I'll be going fabric shopping to France this afternoon and not sewing. have a nice day