PDA

View Full Version : It is the weekend

Blondie
April 30th, 2011, 08:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/BlanketFlower.jpg

Getting ready to run off to work then go play with DD and Sis at a fairly local nursery that we look forward to each year. We have some veggie seeds looking pretty good - starting them under lights in the basement really does help us out allot, especially when we had such a long and cold winter. Gotta feeling summer is gonna be hot, hot, hot.

Hubs said perhaps some rain on Monday and Tuesday. I may get to sit down and sew then.

Jan, be sure and let Gina and Laura know that they are loved, missed and prayed for.

Ladies, I am still praying for those here who are under the weather, family probs and I am still shocked by what the news is showing about Alabama alone not to mention Missouri the other states and cities hit.

Hoping that this day brings loads of warm sunshine into your life, renewing your energies to get things done and the determination to see it through.

Will try to check in later, chickies!
PS Sorry for the big butt picture. I don't know why it is so huge here. No time to play with it.

quiltingtrish
April 30th, 2011, 08:45 AM
No problem with the big butt picture here Blondie. It only shows how beautiful the flower really is and how God can take care of the little details in life.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2011, 10:00 AM
FINALLY - got to work outside yesterday. Look what greeted me.

debinmalaga
April 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Love the pics of your flowers, Sandy! What are they?

Off to Rutgers today to visit Paige (DD). It's Rutgers Day, which means parking garages, shuttlebuses, lots of walking and crowds - none of which Mike and I care for, but of course we're going since she wants us to. It's another beautiful day here in NJ, not hot, nice and sunny, so we should have fun despite ourselves :icon_bigsmile:

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

bakermom
April 30th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Beautiful blue sky today. DD is brave and will take me out shopping. we need to get a shower gift for other DD from my mom. Beware! A clumsy woman with crutches will be out among you today!
dh found a new mower for us so our yard no longer resembles a hayfield. He also trimmed back some bushes. That always scares me a bit-he gets carried away with those loppers.

twnkeyes
April 30th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Question, what does DD stand for in the posts? I'm home alone today so guess what I'm going to be doing? Yep, quilting. Yippee! I pick up my husband from the airport tonight, he's been in Norway. Hope everyone has a great day!

bakermom
April 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
DD is dear daughter, some of us also number our DDs--DD1, DD2 if we have more than one .

patticakes
April 30th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Hola chicas! (getting ready for Cinco de Mayo!)
How nice to be greeted by a "big butt flower" Blondie! Made me smile:D
Weather has been so much nicer and I have made myself go out in it instead of plopping my own big butt on this silly chair for hours. I stopped on Facebook this am and my BFF in Michigan was complaining that she never gets her housecleaning done cuz she feels the computer calling to her. I let her in on my timer cleaning secret and then told her to set her timer for 60 minutes and we would both get back on FB and let each other know what we cleaned! I cleaned the frig and so did she and she was so inspired she now wants to do another 30 minutes...LOL! I better get off here cuz I can't lie to my BFF!!
Adios!
:icon_wave:

toggpine
April 30th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Howdy all!
We had a pretty good day yesterday. Hubby has his yearly physical and all of his bloodwork and numbers came back better than last year. I had a nice visit with my mom while he was at the Dr. Em didn't want to leave Nana's house, but she rarely does.
We hit the county court house to file some permits, and then we went to late lunch/early supper at a brew house in Tacoma. The Harmon has great food and amazing parmesan cheese garlic fries! Hubby likes the beers.
We headed home, did chores and I caught up on the "Royal Wedding" while Em took a bath. Pretty. Seemed a lot "less" than Charles & Diana. That was the 80's and everything was "bigger"; hair, shoulder pads, etc., etc. I hope they have a wonderful life. It must be tough having cameras shoved into your business every time you turn around.
I'm off to my sister's to finish off the garden and then make a run of the yard waste to the dump, pick up her new patio furniture and finally, swing by J's to pick up some backing fabric for Em's Zebra blocks before heading home.
I'm not quite done with the Wild things blocks, but I have 50% off coupons and should be able to get the backing for much less than if I wait. If I can still move when I am all done, I will try to do a bit more sewing!
I hope you all have a great day no matter what your weather!
Hugs, Cathy

debinmalaga
April 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Patticakes, I time myself sometimes too :-). And Cathy, just reading what you get accomplished makes me tired!

quiltingtrish
April 30th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Good evening everyone!
Sounds like busy days all around. I started out with working in the kitchen and got through cupboards and a laundry shelf - got a whole laundry basket full of things I can sell at the upcoming yard sale. Also found forgotten napkin and paper plate purchases which will save on using the dishwasher.
Also, don't forget, gals, to sometimes purge your medicine cabinets. I keep everything on a cookie sheet on a top shelf in a cupboard so there's no chance of any little fingers getting in there and it's easy to pull down the entire tray to see what we need.
Headed out to Katie's softball game. She was awesome - caught a flyball while diving for it but came up with it in her glove. Then, after a big HUG, I headed for home. Oh! Is that a Pet Smart? My girlfriend gets her Frontline there so i made a bee-line into that parking lot. I parked at the very beginning so I had to walk quite a ways to get to that store. I popped into Kohls cause that's where my girlfriend loves to shop. Walked around a bit and wondered why I stopped in cause I didn't need anything in there. Popped into a Pier I - my, my those things are expensive. Headed on down to the Pet store and got the frontline - wow, expensive! $61. for 3 treatments! Then, I spotted a Subway. A free 6" sub from a $5.00 gift card I earned from losing 10 pounds in January with a program through work. Free lunch is always yummy! Then I hit a Walmart for safety goggles for the wood shop at school. Well, didn't have the ones I needed so that I could wear my reading glasses with, so I hit the food area instead and got some staples. Headed for home and had to stop at church to make bulletins and calendars and then the laundromat to wash the whites. Finally got in at 8 and glad to sit down. Goodness, I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure! HaHa! It was a beautiful day and I had the chance to be out and about in it.
The very best part of my day was my HUG.

Well, everyone - have a great evening!
Hugs,

janluna
May 1st, 2011, 01:53 AM
Blondie, I tell them we all miss them and love them all the time, but will make a special point of letting them know you sent this message.
Trish, I am so happy you got your hug. Yay!!! God bless everyone I love you all too. Hugs, Jan