PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning

Blondie
April 28th, 2011, 06:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2e5635.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies
I won't be in here for long to even catch up. Bad bad storms all evening, night and even now. I need to get ready for work in between them.
There were several funnel clouds spotted last night, the siren kept going off and we lost power for about 5 hours. Good grief. Nothing like our sisters in the midwest. I don't really mind the storms; just when it's dark and you know something's afoot. We stayed in the basement for quite a while last night, no electric with a few kerosene lamps, Dinah the kitty and Gracie the terror.
Gots to run. Be safe.

patticakes
April 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Morning Glories,
Speaking of that I just bought a couple packages of morning glory seeds and need to get them planted this week! Oh Ms. Blondie the thought of funnel clouds just frightens me so! Glad you are safe & the power is back on! May is right around the corner so I am hoping all this April rain means plenty of beautiful May flowers and sunshiny days!!
I woke up about 3 this morning full of worry. Laid around til 4 and finally
decided to just get up, been surfing the net on my phone since then. There are so many creative people out there in the world!!
BF has the day off today so I will probably take a break from my quilting projects. The D9P is about a third done & taking much longer than I thought due to the quilting designs in each square, but it is turning out very nicely so I am happy to put this time into it.
Off to make some coffee & check in with the world!

quiltingtrish
April 28th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Good Thursday!
Glad you are safe Blondie. Terrible storms in the south - even had a tornado warning here in PA. Prayers coming for those affected - seems like alot. I was hoping for a double header for Katie tonight but with the rains that came through I doubt the fields will be play worthy. Just got a call from another Aide at school who says there is no electric in her home. Oh - there goes the fire sirens again. Geesh! I always say a prayer for the firefighters and who else may be called out to help and those that need help. Anyways, I have to follow a student today who only grunts. Oh, he can speak normally but chooses not to. He is an all day challenge just trying to get him to do something, plus have to make sure I stay out of his way in case he starts swinging his arms to hit us.
I'll check back in later. Sure doesn't look pretty out there. Wow - those sirens are still going.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs,

Monique
April 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good morning. I don't like to hear about tornadoes. I hope everyone stay safe. I am not getting in as much sewing as I wanted to do but what the heck. My husband would tell me that I am running the roads too much. Off again today, spending the day with a very special lady, they are having a birthday dinner at her daughter's for me and then back to spend the night with her and play cards in between. Getting up really early in the morning to watch the Royal Wedding.

Stay safe
Monique

Loonwatcher
April 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Blondie - sounds like you had a long scary night. Hope things get better.
Patti - I love morning glories. They will be so pretty. I had a back surgery scar that showed above some of my bathing suits so I got a morning glory tattoo to cover it :0 I tried to "like" you on facebook but couldn't find Sweet Cherry Quilting.
Trish - good luck with your student today. Sounds like it will be challenging.
Monique - have fun at your party. Happy Bday! You'll fit sewing in when you feel like it. It shouldn't be a chore that you have to do.

We've got T-storms today and rain tomorrow but the weekend is looking promising. When I went off to work this morning I was greated (finally) with a clump of blooming daffodils. Love it! Lots of other things are coming up but nothing blooming yet except a couple white crotuses that only lasted about 2 days.

Have a grea day. Stay safe and well!

NM Lady
April 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Prayers for all the southern ladies and their families. My goodness, the TV showed some of the tornadoes and they were terrible.

God bless and take care everyone!

Sandy Navas
April 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Prayers for all those who are suffering with damages and losses due to these horrendous storms that have been hitting all over the country. Everything from floods, tornadoes, droughts, winds . . . the damage is unbelievable. I feel bad for complaining if the sun isn't shining on me.

Off today to the Missouri State Quilt Guild show at Powell Gardens. Going down with my Li'l Sister. Should be a great day.

My thoughts are with each of you!!!

lindaw724472002
April 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM
It was really scary yesterday afternoon we had a tornado just south of town . It did quite abit of damage but on one was hurt. It was dark and scary when we went to the shelter and 20 mimutes later the sun was shinning and it was over. That Arkansas for ya if you don't like the weather now . Just wait a few minutes and it will change. I am praying for the one's who are hurt or lost loved one's. Blondie glad you are safe. Happy Birthday Monique. Wishing everyone a great day. Linda

bakermom
April 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Blondie I'm glad you're safe. I have a DD in Alabama. she's OK as far as I know. all i've gotten is a text saying she and her friends were OK but there was a lot damage around them. We've had terrible wind and rain overnight. My poor dog paced all night. she really wanted in my lap however a 90lb. Lab is NOT a lap dog.

Sunnyok
April 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Good Thursday!
Glad you are safe Blondie. Terrible storms in the south - even had a tornado warning here in PA. Prayers coming for those affected - seems like alot. I was hoping for a double header for Katie tonight but with the rains that came through I doubt the fields will be play worthy. Just got a call from another Aide at school who says there is no electric in her home. Oh - there goes the fire sirens again. Geesh! I always say a prayer for the firefighters and who else may be called out to help and those that need help. Anyways, I have to follow a student today who only grunts. Oh, he can speak normally but chooses not to. He is an all day challenge just trying to get him to do something, plus have to make sure I stay out of his way in case he starts swinging his arms to hit us.
I'll check back in later. Sure doesn't look pretty out there. Wow - those sirens are still going.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs,

Sounds to me like you are a special needs worker or something similar, I am too. I work in a group home, when I'm not working at the quilt store. I hope you are all keeping safe, this weird weather is bringing on some weird storms. We are getting snow again, weird for us this time of year. Such a cold spring.

LynneLeavell
April 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
We had bad storms in the northern part of Georgia. Rome, Pickens Co. and Spalding county got hit real hard last night. Rome got hit pretty hard yesterday morning. Over all we just had heavy rain and wind. Prayers and thoughts go out to the ones that got hit hard yesterday and last night.

mamaquilt
April 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Well here I am having fun preparing our youngest daughters birthday, and on the other side of the planet, there are tornado's, storms and snow.
Thinking of you all.
Blondie - glad you're safe and enjoy my emails
Monique - happy birthday to you.
Lisa - a quick recovery after your operation
Sandy - have fun at the guild show and show us what you bought or what you did with the fabric you bought

LanaMonteith
April 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm off to get some work done here since tomorrow is a doctor day and I have to drive 50 miles just to get there! But I love country living and I'll make the drives as long as I can afford them at least. Finally seeing the sun today, the yards are all a mess after the last few days of nastiness but we're all alive.

quiltingtrish
April 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Sunny - do you get a decent wage to be a special needs person? I sure don't - I just work as a regular Aide in a public school and these are the kids who are special needs that the parent refuses to place somewhere that can help them. All we can really do with them is make sure they don't hurt themselves or others and prod them along every 5 seconds or so trying to get them to just pick up the pencil and possibly get some schoolwork done. I know some of them do have a real problem that they can't control, but I'm talking about the ones who can control it and have learned what they can get away with and really nurse it.

Fortunately, he didn't show up today - he went with his mother to her work for Take Your Child To Work Day - went to a daycare. Maybe he learned something there.

Anyways, I'm home and loving the cool breeze coming through the house. The sky is so blue - it's a shame they postponed the double header tonight cause the fields are too wet. There's always another chance tomorrow if the rains stay away.

Hugs,

Blondie
April 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/weather%20related/Stoneville-1.jpg

Here is a pic that was posted taken in the next town over from us. No real damage, just awesome picture! the guy who took it just moved to NC from the midwest where he was a weather chaser. Was asking how to pair up - Funny thing is, we get a scare once a year, about this time of year, then it's just old boomers for us. I found plenty of other images from my town's sightings but couldn't get them to save for me. Oh well. It is pretty right now, sun is glorious, temps are cooler than yesterday and all the windows are open.

Trish, I am doing the countdown with you for when you can retire from there. I know it seems like a thankless job. I admire anyone who can work with kids period. You're a good man, Charlie Brown!

Just finished making some chicken stir fry up for dinner. I didn't do grocery shopping last week, figuring to clean out the fridge stuff first. Big mistake. I am out of sooooo many staples we need. so, we had stir fry without any rice. Or any side dish. Thank goodness my man loves me.

Monique:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/bd%20anniv/blb.jpg
Hope you enjoyed your day and will now enjoy the remainder of it as well !!
Off to bring some stir fry to Mom. She likes anything I cook. I laugh and tell her it's kinda like slopping a hawg.

Y'all have a special evening. I want to chill out, veg out, just relax.

janluna
April 28th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Blondie so happy you are ok. We lost power for 6 hours too. The storms took down two poles and lines. Thank goodness that was all. Even NY State got into the tornado game last night. One touched down in the southern tier near Ithaca, NY. Thank Heaven there were no injuries and not too much damage. I feel so bad for people in Alabama. Looks like they got the worst of it with 197 dead and a thousand injured. It wiped out whole towns there and other places. I pray the survivors in all the states get back to normal as soon as they can. God Bless them and make them well in all things. Hugs to all, Jan

meemeecyn
April 28th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Thinking of all who have been having such terrible weather. Blondie, your posts are fun to read! Humorous and sprinkled with lots of love and caring. In fact, it is nice reading all of the quilters comments...such great people! Have a wonderful Friday, everyone.

toggpine
April 29th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Evening all.
I've been working in my sister's yard for the last week. She had let a lot of stuff go in the last few years. I have been trying to re-claim her rose bed. I might as well have cut a new one out of the middle of her lawn. She bought the house from a widow. She and her husband had kept a marvelous set of gardens. Flowers, veggies, berries, grapes; the whole works. I bet they were able to grow most of their own food out of the gardens. Sis took out most of the berries, and the veggie garden space she turned into some flower beds. She is trying to get the rest of the beds back in shape. Ugh! Good exercise for me though. Kind of like yoga with a bonus of weed removal.
I am sad to hear about all of the damage from the storms. Mom said that was one of the biggest reasons she insisted we move back to Washington from Oklahoma. She was willing to live in the shadow of a dormant volcano instead of in the path of tornados. Can't say I blame her. Prayers for the families in need of healing.
Not much sewing going on. I'll try to get some more of the Wild Things done tomorrow evening.
Now I am headed for the shower, an ice cream sandwich and then bed.
Take care! Cathy

bakermom
April 29th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Blondie so happy you are ok. We lost power for 6 hours too. The storms took down two poles and lines. Thank goodness that was all. Even NY State got into the tornado game last night. One touched down in the southern tier near Ithaca, NY. Thank Heaven there were no injuries and not too much damage. I feel so bad for people in Alabama. Looks like they got the worst of it with 197 dead and a thousand injured. It wiped out whole towns there and other places. I pray the survivors in all the states get back to normal as soon as they can. God Bless them and make them well in all things. Hugs to all, Jan
My DD sent pictures of the damage near her. Unbelievable. And she wasn't by the worst hit area either. So thankful she is safe.