PDA

View Full Version : My operation is tomorrow

Lisaau
April 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I have tobe at the hospital at 7am and hopefully my op wont be much later. Dr thinks l've got calcium deposits in my knee and suspected torn meniscus cartlidge. Hopefully l wont be out of action for too long so l can get my blocks for the swap done. I might have to wear a brace as dr said he thinks there could be more wrong inthere. Sigh!!!

wicked
April 26th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Sorry to hear that....I'm hope that everything is the easiest that it can be.

Stay strong & good luck... :)

Ange
April 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Good luck for tomorrow... hope it all goes well

NM Lady
April 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Good luck. Thinking positive thoughts! God bless and take care.

Sandy Navas
April 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery!! Up and at'em!!

craftyladysam
April 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Good Luck, Lisa! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! You will be amazed at how much better you will be afterwards! I had a knee replacement and torn meniscus fixed and am doing much better for it!!!! Keep us up to date on your progress!!

bakermom
April 26th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Good Luck! Prayers fo a quick easy surgery and quick recovery.

LynneLeavell
April 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear about the knee surgery. Hope things go well. Praying you have a quick recovery.

sewsoft
April 26th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry I hope everything goes well.

janluna
April 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Praying for an easy operation and an easy recovery. Let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Jan L

patticakes
April 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Good luck Lisa! Check in with us when you can!

Loonwatcher
April 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Good luck. Praying for you. Make sure you do all the physical therapy they proscribe. It makes a huge difference.

mamaquilt
April 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Sorry to hear all your knee trouble. But chin up, there are always better days ahead. Half of the quilting ladies here on the forum keep their fingers crossed and the other half pray for your recovery .

shirleyj
April 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Lisa,
Prayers for you and the knee problem. I know how that feels. Having knee (knees) problems myself. Very painful. More storms on the way this afternoon so I may be looking for Rabbit's Hole to hide in. Lots of flooding,several deaths here in Arkansas. Get my forum reading completed and turn this thing off. Taking it to the "hidey hole" with me.
All the best with your knee surgery.
shirleyj

rebeccas-sewing
April 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I'll be thinking about you, Lisa. Let us know how you're doing when you have a chance.

meemeecyn
April 26th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Will be thinking of you, Lisa. It won't be long before you are 'up and sewing'!

TheNovice
April 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Lisa, Wishing you the best on your surgery tomorrow. I had total knee replacement a year ago March the hardest part is the therepy afterward. My surgery was successful and yours will be too. Blessings to you!

Blondie
April 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I have tobe at the hospital at 7am and hopefully my op wont be much later. Dr thinks l've got calcium deposits in my knee and suspected torn meniscus cartlidge. Hopefully l wont be out of action for too long so l can get my blocks for the swap done. I might have to wear a brace as dr said he thinks there could be more wrong inthere. Sigh!!!

Lisa, thank you for the reminder. I have marked it on my prayer list and will not forget to pray again for this surgery. Hubs found out this morning he needs to see an orthopedist for his knee. I am dreading that. Please let us know as soon as you can; I am believing for very good report.
Blessings to you, dear lady.

Blondie

suzette58
April 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Good luck on your surgery. I have been through this with my husband. Everyone is right, you will feel better.

Susan M
April 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Best wishes for tomorrow! Hope you are back in action soon.

MaryB
April 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you today, Lisa, as you have your knee surgery. Will look forward to seeing you back here as soon as you are well enough.

Hugs, Mary B.

quiltingtrish
April 26th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Good luck Lisa - I have you covered in my prayers too! DD - Katie - just had her ACL and torn miniscus repaired and is back and swinging again. Do, do the rehab and anything else they ask you. You'll be all the better for it.

Hugs,

debinmalaga
April 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Here's wishing an easy operation and quick recovery.

Lisaau
April 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts......I,m in bed on my IPad gotta love apple products.... Anyhow it seems I had osteophytes (bone spurs ) in my knee calcium deposits..... And my cartilage was squashed...I've got a big arsed bandage on my knee and lots of padding. I,ve got to be honest and say I never knew there was a whole new level to pain omg,,,....I!m a big person and I!ve been like a beached whale trying to get out of bed. My darling husband hired me some elbow crutches what a god send....and he rang the hospital pharmacy .....I!m using oxycondone every 6hrs and voltaren rapid every 8hrs.....I had a spinal anesthetic..because of my body size...last time l had one of those l had a bad experience...so l explained all that to the anasetheists and he was so good he used small fine needles and l didn't feel a thing. Any how that's me for now just wanted to update everyone

bakermom
April 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Glad everything went well. take care.

Loonwatcher
April 28th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Lisa - I hope you feel better soon and are back on your feet without the crutches. You didn't mention - were they able to get all the bone spurs out and repair the cartilage?

Think of you,

Sunnyok
April 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Glad it's over for you. Sorry you are in so much pain. Hope you can get back to quilting soon. At least you have an Ipad makes life in recovery that much more fun LOL
Get well soon

mamaquilt
April 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm glad for you the operation went well. The total recovery might take a bit longer, but you have us! Check in every day in between therapy and you'll see before you know it you're quilting and sewing again. All the very best to you from Luxembourg.

sassyquilter
April 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
good luck, praying for you! Hope your recovery is quick:)

LanaMonteith
April 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I'm keeping you in my prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery for you, I have to get a thyroid biopsy tomorrow and probably get that removed soon after. Not something I look forward to but hey, at least we can still sew right????? Well, at least some days I can lol. Hope you're feeling a bit better and that the pain level is decreasing soon!

quiltingtrish
April 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Good to hear from you Lisa. Sorry to hear about the pain but you will get better soon Sweetie. Do check in with us here, we love to hear from you even if you aren't back to quilting yet.

Hugs,

Blondie
April 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/gwc.jpg

Hey Lisa
so glad to read you are home. Ugh to the pain but smiles for the meds. Do you share?
hehehe. and your hubs is worth his weight in gold for taking good care of you.

I don't think I will be telling hubs about the spurs in there. He will then most likely not want to follow through with future appts. men can be wusses. You are a champ!

MaryB
April 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Yay, Lisa :icon_wave: Op's all over and you're back in the land of the quilting sisters!
Great news. Can imagine how you'll be feeling for a couple of days tho' but it will get better and you'll have brand new knees again :icon_woohoo: Will be thinking of you and sending hugs.

Mary B.

sally
April 28th, 2011, 07:21 PM
All the best!

Mimis-quilts
April 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Glad to hear that your surgery went well and now you are on the road to recovery. Be sure to do as the doc and physical therapists say so you have a speedy recovery. Hope your pain is alleviated by the meds...kudos to the hubby that takes good care of his woman!

bopeep
April 28th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry you are in pain....but glad the surgery is over........I will keep you in my Prayers.....let your hubby take care of you......