PDA

View Full Version : TUESDAY!!

Monique
April 26th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Yes I am early this morning. Hubby is leaving today for his golf trip. Hope to get a lot of quilting done in the next few days. I think I will lock the door and unplug the phone, turn up the music and sew.

I have been up since 3 am and just couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, nappie time this afternoon perhaps.

You all have a wonderful day.

Monique:icon_wave:

NM Lady
April 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Good morning Monique. Hope you have a wonderful time sewing.

Hope everyone has a great day.

janluna
April 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Hugs, Jan L

patticakes
April 26th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Morning all! Sounds like a perfect day Monique! Morning NM Lady and Jan - thanks for the hug! I have been up and at-em for a few hours. It is dark and dreary, but warmer out so I have the doors and windows open to enjoy some fresh air in the house. BF and son are off to work on a big job so I have the house to myself. Sent them off with some warm Banana Chocolate Chip muffins. I am going to take a quick shower and then work on the machine quilting I started yesterday. Finally got my D9P pin basted and started the quilting! I have been procrastinating on the sandwiching but I ended up just doing it over the iron railing it was hanging on. It actually was much easier than I thought doing it that way and turned out nice. Here is a pic, don't mind the lumps I have it atop my feather bed to take a pic. Check out my crazy small sewing/computer area in the background! Love grows best in small spaces right?? Oh, I saved you some...help yourself to a cyber muffin...they are low in calories:lol:!
Will check back in when I come up for air!

Loonwatcher
April 26th, 2011, 01:06 PM
MMMMM....thanks for the muffin patticakes!
Monique - enjoy your couple days of solitude and sewing. Have a great time.

Happy day to all. I just have work on my agenda.

toggpine
April 26th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Howdy!
Mmmm. Muffins! I made some cappucino & chocolate ones on Saturday. What is it about a warm muffin? I just can't resist.

A little more sewing this morning and then off to do some yard work for a friend between rain showers.

Have a great day!
Cathy

bakermom
April 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Warm and bright here today(no blue sky but bright) DD opened some screens for me so I can enjoy it. Sorting out some fabric scraps to see what I can combine for future projects. not as much fun as sewing but at least it's constructive.

Blondie
April 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/congrats/PAAAIACMPLCCAIEK.jpg

I am thrilled to get in here! Hoping this will post. Sometimes I think my server doesn't like MSQC as much as me!

The past few days have been busy as usual. Mom's eye appt went exceedingly well; if she has no blurring or "lightning" across her eyes, she won't have to go back for a month. Doc is thrilled that she is responding to the meds so quickly. After we left the Dr's in the big city, the three of us ~ Mom, Sis, and I ~ went shop hopping from one thrift to another. We had to help direct Mom because her eyes were dilated. We stopped once for a pop to drink on the way home and when I came back to the car, I cracked up. My dark humor. There is Mom, sitting with those cataract disposable shades on her face, moving her head in beat with whatever was on the radio. I laughed until I almost wet myself. I told her she did a great Ray Charles imitation. That even got her to giggle. Then once we got home in the late afternoon, it was cool and cloudy enough that we began tagging Mom's yard for what needed to be done.
Up early this a.m. to go back down the hill and begin the process of cleaning out some of her beds. She has so much Mother of Thyme, that we were able to lift a mess of it, place it in some newer beds, some for Sis and me. And there is more where that came from. We decided, Sis and I, to work off and on between our homes to help get our yards back into shape. Sounds like a plan to me.

Still have not had time or energy to sit and stitch any. I need to make the most of the weather before it gets too dang hot. Heat and I don't get along very well. Those days are l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g GONE. I prefer to sit in the shade and sip something sweet and relaxing during that time of day.

Okay dudettes, off to try to read and get caught up. I sure have missed y'all!!!!!!!!!!

patticakes
April 26th, 2011, 07:23 PM
(((Blondie)))) so glad you made it in...we try to leave the door open a crack and the light on in case the internet is co-operating with you for a moment! Happy news about your Mom! I got a laugh just thinking of her in the glasses, bebooping to the music. Did you get any good buys on your thrift hop? I am always a sucker for baskets and love old plates. The kind that have crackled with age.

I quilted for a while, until the sun came out and was so inviting I decided to take off for the Goodwill store but ended up at JoAnns first to get DD some doggie material to make a bandana for Max, who is in a walk for the humane society next week. They will look all spiffed up with Max wearing his cute scarf! Of course I could not decide between two fabrics so I got a little bit of both. Will stitch them with a cute trimmed edge and mail them off for the walk on May 7th. Never did make it to Goodwill cuz BF called and wanted to stop by a wake for an aquaintance of ours who passed at only 31 yrs old so I hurried home.
The boys are off to watch the hockey and basketball games tonight so I am making some dinner and going to quilt some more.
Take care quilty peeps!

Susan M
April 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Happy Tuesday to all! Hope everyone had a good day. Mine was behind a computer in the office, pushing papers as some like to call it. Oh well, it is a good job and have been here for 24 years now. Now that I'm home what do I do but turn on the darn computer! Like I haven't been looking at one all day!!!! Hope everyone has a good night.

quiltingtrish
April 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hi all! Blondie - I have had some trouble getting in MSQC too - can't figure out why, but sometimes it's in the morning and sometimes its in the afternoon. It's probably something here I figure. Good to see ya Sweetie!
Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy.
Saw Katie at a game tonight - she played well and we talked but it seemed she wasn't in the mood. So, I called the other mom and said we had to meet. It's been 2 months and I think we are entitled to an update other than "its been an adjustment". Well, yeah, I already know that. I want to know what issues she thinks she is working through, want to know who the counselor is that she is talking too, etc. Anyways . . day by day we are dealing with it.
Sewing - haven't done any but I do check in here and check out the new photos you all are posting. So, that's something that is feeding my soul right now.

Well, gotta run. Promised my sister I would call her and have to do it before she falls asleep!
Hugs,

debinmalaga
April 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone! Not too much time to devote to the computer today, which is a shame, since my son gifted me his 2 year old Imac. Really cool, and looks nice on my desk area in the sewing room. Hope everyone is having a great day!

janluna
April 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hi all. I didn't get on the computer too much as we have had one thunderstorm after the other coming through today. Didn't want to get a hit that fried my computer. I made a table runner and screwed it up and it took forever to "unsew" it. But it finally came apart and now I can do it the right way. Oh well, I'm still learning! Hope to for a long time, learn that is. Well, here comes another rumble I better go. Love and prayers to all, Hugs, Jan