PDA

View Full Version : Monday Monday.....

patticakes
April 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Wow, can't believe I am the first one to post! Just finished doing my first certification for unemployment benefits, hope I did it right. Another dreary day with rain, rain, storms and more rain. Good day to sew don't you think? I have so many projects plus I bought the Sherbet Pips jelly roll when it was the Daily Deal (plus used my points and the points I won in a weekly giveaway - whoo hoo!) and I am dying to work with it! What is on your agenda today??
Patti:icon_razz:

Oh no - I didn't put the pic right! Forgive me!!

Sandy Navas
April 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Good Morning ALL!! Hi, Patti. Nice to see someone is up and at'em. Everyone else must be busy. It is a drizzly day here, too, and I wish I were sewing but I'm not. Got laundry piled up and I need to take three of the DGDs to the library early this afternoon so they can attend their craft program. Today they are making altered books. Should be fun for them. Definitely fun for me.

I am one of those people who needs to have the day ahead of me, free and clear of commitments, otherwise I can't settle down and have fun, fun, fun. Wish I could break myself of that habit, because there are days when I don't accomplish much at all. I am definitely an under-achiever. Or, an adult word for it - procrastinator ala royale.

Patti, I do think the squirrels in my back yard have been in your coffee this morning.

Hugs and prayers.

bakermom
April 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Rainy again here. Slept like a log last night, not sure why. my Easter was very lazy. I finally finished the afghan I've been working on all winter. In spite of several unravelings to correct mistakes it looks good. I'm thinking of putting it in the fair with one of my quilts. I started another one, same pattern but different type of yarn. DD is eyeing this one already.

LynneLeavell
April 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sunny day here in Kennesaw, Georgia. Still haven't touched my sewing machine. It's been a month in a half now. Don't know why. I've been working on my middle grandson's Christmas stocking (crosstitching it) all I have left to do is the back stitching and then I get to start my youngest grandson's Stocking. Yes he got here Wednesday Morning (4-20-2011) at 9:45 in the morning. All is home and doing well. He saved his best diaper for my son the day they got home. Of course my daughter in law changed it. At work now and hopefully tonight I might at least sit at my sewing machine and talk to it so it doesn't think I am mad at it. I need to get my blocks for the wild animal block swap made. Have the fabric just got to get busy the mailing date will be here before you know it.

Sandy - I think I'm a bigger procarastinator than you. I think I majored in that through life and just didn't know it.

Oh well everyone have a great day and stay dry and warm where ever you are.

Lynne

Sandy Navas
April 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Lynne, CONGRATULATIONS on that new Grandson!!!

sewsoft
April 25th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Ladies:icon_wave: I know it's been awhile but I'm still here... The daily deal is so beautiful! I love batiks along with many other fabrics.

toggpine
April 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi everybody!
Congrats on the new grandbaby Lynne! Good to see you checking in Sewsoft! Have fun with your granddaughters Sandy! Well Bakermom, at least you are getting some of your projects done and keeping your crafting skills in working shape! I can't knit or crochet. I stopped spinning because I A) couldn't do anything with the yarn I was creating, and B) stopped shearing sheep therefore I didn't have a free source of fleece anymore. Fleece can be as expensive as quilting fabric!
I was up until 3:30 sewing on my Zebra blocks. I had the audio book playing and it was sooo quiet with nobody pestering me; I just kept going! I slept until 9. Now I am ironing the sub-sets so I can begin joining them into the 9-patches that will create the final block. I am hoping that by th end of the week the swap blocks will be done and possibly Em's Zebra top too.
Miss Em is feeling under the weather the last few days and wants to be snuggly. I am hoping it is just allergies since she was outside playing in the fresh grass on Saturday with Daddy.
Well, back to the iron! At least my fingers are warm, may have to start up the woodstove today. Crazy to have to heat the place this late in the season!
Take care! Cathy

janluna
April 25th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Hello,Patti I love the squirrel he's adorable.
Congratulations lynne on your new grandchild. I'll bet he's beautiful!
Well I made a table runner and was so proud of my work. What is that saying "pride goeth before a fall" I'm an IDIOT!!! Went to turn it right side out and the batting became the backing! Now that I'm on my knees wallowing in dog fur and mud on my kitchen floor.... I have to rip with Jack and take it all apart and put it back together the right way. Boy do I feel dumb! I know better that's the thing. Oh well, back to the ripper for a while. I've been sewing between laundry loads. What a waste of time. I will get it done though cause the girls come for club tomorrow night and I want to have it for show and tell. So, see you all later, I must rip, rip, rip. Blessings on everyone. Hugs, Jan L

debinmalaga
April 25th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hi all! Had a shortie day at work, just till 2:30 (I love those days - my job is never strenuous but some days it's just too long). Big news for South Jersey, saw our first hummingbird of the season yesterday, so made up food in a hurry and got my feeder out. Normally I don't see the little guys until May, but it feels like that or June, temps in the low 80s yesterday and today. Our spring has been crazy, weather all over the place. After spending a little while outside looking at the yard I plan to sew more on the table runner I'm making for my boss's birthday, after ruining the first one. First time I'm quilting motifs with FMQ and I'm having fun. Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!

debinmalaga
April 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Blondie sends her love your way... she's having connection problems again with MSQC :-(.

Loonwatcher
April 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hi all. Congrats on the new grand baby. I had a horrible weekend. Got to camp Fri afternoon to find the shed had been broken into - both kayaks, gear and some tools totally at least $2000 were stolen and today the insurance agent says our coverage is for fire only, not theft. Why didn't they say that when I took out the homeowners policy. Apparently 2nd homes have different types of policies. I'm so MAD! Also, my 1 month old sewing machine crapped out - trying to get my son's fleece quilt done at camp where he won't see it. Took machine into a shop and it worked find. Got home and it worked fine when I got it back until I started with the fleece again - so the material is causing the problem....any suggestions? Oh, and our satelitte dish is misaligned - no signal. And a tree fell on our boat lift.

On a happier note, Bob had his drainage tube taken out today and is feeling great. Still not allowed back to work for a couple more weeks (he's in construction and it's too much) but he can do stuff around the house so he's happy.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry to burden you.

tamsterg7
April 25th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I spent the da ytrying to do FMQ on my first quilt top. Had to stop to go to work and will probably finish it tomorrow. I will post a picture only because it will be too far away for anyone to see the FMQ part - it is a hot mess --- and I have been practicing for a month or more! Geez - it really is an art form and not easy!!!!

janluna
April 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Nancy it looks like you had the weekend from heck!!! So sorry you lost all of your gear, tools, boat lift and trouble with your satellite. And heavens even your sewing machine gave you trouble. I'm so sorry. Here's to better weekends in the future. Sorry honey.
Well, I just got my table runner apart finally. When I sew I sew it to last! LOL Now I can start over and put the batting on the bottom then the backing then the top. Since I'm turning it inside out after I sew it the backing should be on the outside instead of the batting. I'll get it right eventually. lol Bye for now I'll be sewing after I re-iron all my pieces. Hugs, Jan L

Loonwatcher
April 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks Jan. Things can only get better so looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.

Sorry you had to tear out your table runner. I tried the turning it out method and didn't like how it came out so now I'm going to cut off the edges and put on a standard binding. I can afford to make the outer border thinner so it will be okay. Can't wait to see pictures of how yours comes out!

janluna
April 25th, 2011, 09:42 PM
First I have to get a camera or catch one of my kids with theirs. LOL I pray you have better days from here on out. Hugs, Jan