PDA

View Full Version : Life Plan - Day 1

dizzyLiz
December 31st, 2013, 01:38 AM
I went to bed last night so excited and uplifted from all of your words of support. I was going to take my life by the horns LOL. Woke this morning with a stomach virus. Nausea and vomiting most of the day. Well it was a good day for my diet LOL. Must return to work tomorrow as they had no one to cover for me today. In the afternoon I felt a bit better and tackled organizing all of my mail/bills, paid bills and filed any mail I needed to keep. The rest is ready to be shredded. Spent some time in my sewing room- cleaned a bit, started on a jelly roll quilt and sewed the whole top. Time flew, but oh how I enjoyed it. Tomorrow I am going to attempt making out a food plan.

The day started a little "green" and ended full of a sunshiney glow.

Hope all made positive strides as well.

Love to all,

Liz

auntiemern
December 31st, 2013, 02:09 AM
Good for you. Baby steps so that you don't get discouraged if something doesn't go quite the way you expect it, like today. I know I need to start my plan to lose some weight.

Madeforyouinma11
December 31st, 2013, 03:42 AM
Great job on getting so much done on a day that started out like yours. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it. Hope you feel better and keep up the good work.
I am working on a cleaning and organizing plan. Tired of not being able to find what I need when I need it. Also tired of saving stuff that I will never use again. It's all gonna go! I am also going to work out a diet routine. I only want to lose about 10lbs, but at my age it's like trying to lose 50! I'm not good with diets, so I think I'm just going to make some different choices and see how that goes.

Granny Judy
December 31st, 2013, 06:34 AM
Cheering you on!! One day at a time... and the next thing you know a whole year has passed by. I am here for you and making some dietary changes in my life, too. I need to drop some weight and exercise more.

Today I uncovered the treadmill!! plugged that baby in and walked for 15 minutes straight. Gotta work up to that 30 minutes since I am so out of shape. " We can do this." I had to repeat that over and over to get to that 15 minute mark.. eee gads!! When did I turn to MUSH??

EmmaB
December 31st, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'm with you Judy. When did I turn to mush!! Last year it's like I woke up with an extra tire around the middle. Where did that come from?!!! All my clothes are uncomfortable and I feel just gross. I've been contemplating Dr.Atkins. I would like to drop at least 25-30 lbs. I'm trying to psych myself up but am having no luck :(

Carol336
December 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM
We buy exercise equipment so we'll have something to sell at a yard sale. A treadmill also makes an excellent place to hang clothes if you have it in the bedroom. Do I sound like I need help - you betcha!!!! I need to take a page out of your book Liz and start making those baby steps to getting healthier in 2014. I can do it....I can do it.....I can do it!!!!

We're also into the organizing and purging. Since we're downsizing this year, my resolution for 2014 is to clean and organize at least 1 drawer, closet, corner, etc. every day. Maybe I'll be too busy to stuff my face - LOL. I can do it....I can do it.....I can do it!!!!

dizzyLiz
December 31st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Yep, baby steps is the way I think. The key is, once you take a step, don't step backwards. Sounds easy huh ? LOL
Judy, great job on the tread mill. I think we all have too much clutter in our lives.

To all, one positive stride today

Love, Liz

Sandy Navas
December 31st, 2013, 11:26 AM
This is a wonderful topic and I thank Liz for starting us in the right direction. I just have to remind each of you that whenever you lose weight I seem to find it - much easier than you losing it, too. UGH! That part just reminds me that I need to be up more than sitting!!

I've also been sorting, shelling out, organizing a bit more and yesterday while going through a stack of papers I came across something special. I swiped it off the internet, I'm sure, so I'll just condense the key points here:

1) Chose one NEW thing to learn.
2) Eliminate one negative distraction.
3) Embrace one positive influence.
4) Honor your family (I'm adding - if they honor YOU)
5) Nurture your home.
6) Develop one healthier lifestyle habit.
7) Stretch yourself - do something terrifying.
8) Teach something.
9) Reduce something.
10) Focus on one area for increased independence.
11) Stretch your generosity.

This list went on to say "The fun is appreciating the journey - and where it leads you to next."

Kateskloset
December 31st, 2013, 12:37 PM
Sandy, I LOVE that! With dealing with some family issues in my life....that is a great plan for the new year. I may have to print that and put it on my bulletin board in my office and my sewing room!

BellasQuilts
December 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM
One day at a time. I want to make sure I get 15 minutes of movement or stretching for every 1/2 hour of sewing. DH started a routine and I am doing it now too. Just stretches, but boy does it work. We are changing our diet (more greens, less meat) and he lost 2 lbs. I lost 0.2 lbs. Oh well, just going to keep plugging away. It may take me longer to get there, but I will get there!

Liz, we can do this!

ilive2craft2
December 31st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Cheering you on from right beside you. One day at a time. We can do this!!!

Sandy, I love the list you found!