PDA

View Full Version : I just have to share...My Big Christmas Surprise was so Freaky!!!!

inspired
December 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM
When my youngest GD Skylar was here last week she asked me where our Christmas stockings were? I pulled them out and then she asked where hers was? I decided that I best make her one to keep at our house. So later thinking I would use it for a pattern I got mine ( which was a homemade one that I had helped make when I was only three years old.) It was by my much loved Grandmother who was responsible later in my life for introducing me to the sewing machine. I felt something stuck way down in the toe and dug around to pull out an old crumpled folded piece of paper. I could not believe my eyes.I ran over to hubby to show him what I found. On it was a poem which I am certain was written by my Grandmother (I compared it to the handwriting in one of her cookbooks and my Mom thinks it is hers) It says" Within my heart a song is sung..When ere I think of you. And everywhere my footsteps lead I find skies always blue...My Days are filled with Happy thoughts..-There is no room for care; - Because I love You Life for me is golden everywhere." I was stunned... if it had not been for Skylar I would never have found it! I was her age at the time the stocking was made and we had spent that Christmas at my Grandparents as my Dad was deployed to Germany and my Mom Brother and I boarded a ship on New Years Day to join him. I am sure my Grandma was dreading our absence ( I was the first grandchild). Is it coincidence ? Or maybe a message! I had been so upset about not having my other GD with us at Christmas ( we had a later celebration which was special for her.) I think my Grandma was sending me a message!!

bhaggerty
December 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM
That has to be from your grandmother! So wonderful!! And for so many years!!!
Shivers!

Kgrammiecaz
December 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Wow. What a nice find. Just show us they are always in our lives looking over us with their love

MayinJerset
December 29th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Wow, that is a freaky but very nice surprise.

Kelly F
December 29th, 2013, 09:30 PM
very sweet. It makes me miss my Grandma. I could only dream of finding something like that. Thank you for sharing!

PeggyM
December 29th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Just so you know your grandmother will always be with you.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2013, 09:54 PM
That is so very special! Glad you found that little paper treasure!

Sandy Navas
December 29th, 2013, 11:34 PM
What a wonderful Christmas gift to you!! It was just meant to be!

EmmaB
December 30th, 2013, 09:07 AM
What a special find! I think I would have to frame it.