PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Blondie
April 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/encantosdemaria/Mary%20Engelbreit/18h3johk.gif

Good Morning Ladies

I think I am losing it. I know that I have posted a few times - not many - but I don't see my postings. Al, any idea?

Ladies, thanks for the prayers. Mom is doing remarkably great. On Monday she gets another shot, it is a type of chemo injected that dr says they have had great luck with. I don't think her vision will be restored to her previous but the drs are hopeful that it will staunch the bleeding.

Just another crazy week, you know? It seemed like the longest week of my life on one hand and also that it flew by. I went to bed by 8 last night. I don't sleep well without my hubs. I am staying home tonite. Mom doesn't need me right now. I will stay again when she gets another shot for a few days just to make sure she doesn't get a reaction, etc.

For those who asked, I don't know if you got my messages since I can't find my posts here. I dropped out of the wild animal print swap because I just won't have the time to get finished and I have had the worst luck finding fabric. I have two stores to shop and the only one that has some is the LQS - zebra or cheetah print at 9.95 a yard. I just can't do that at this time. I decided to just work on getting my other swaps put together ~ when I can sit and sew. Between Mom, work and trying to work in the yard, I haven't sat at my machine in a few weeks. I am missing it but this time of year I would rather be outside. Especially after such a long, cold winter.

Have a great day, my friends. Y'all are the bestest.

patticakes
April 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Happy Saturday!
No wonder we haven't heard from you Blondie! That has happened to me before but I thought maybe I said something offensive and the moderator removed it...lol! I am so insecure! You have had your plate very full lately & I'm sure the other swappers understand. I decided to skip this latest swap because I wasn't sure I would be able to afford new fabric, the price has gone up so much on the quality fabric. Thinking of going back to what are grands & great grands did and make my quilts all from scraps & recycled clothes!!
We decided to have our big dinner with family today so I have lots to do. First things first though, I am off for my am walk! Take care all.... I'll be checking on your Saturday plans later!

quiltingtrish
April 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone! All day yesterday I thought it was Saturday, so it will be nice to have 2 Saturdays in a row now - haha!

Good for you Patti for getting your walk in this morning and taking care of yourself first.
My goodness, Blondie - you are such a busy gal. I didn't sign up either cause with everything going on here, I knew I just couldn't commit to having a deadline right now. I'm sure everyone will understand that sometimes life just throws in the extra boats to row at times that don't work out for us.

Rain again here, but the birds are singing their little hearts out - sure sounds pretty. Would love to get out in the gardens but it's just too dang wet and muddy. I need to get some flower seeds thrown out soon or by the time the family picnic rolls around here at the end of May, my Spring flowers will be gone and no new ones popping through. The tulips and daffodils are popping out their beautiful colors and the trees have their new tiny leaves on them.

Well, today brings some more fabric sorting. I must put away the things I bought in Lancaster and from that lady's home that was clearing out some stash. Everything is out of Katie's room and I'm already feeling better about it all.

Love that Mary Engebriet - have some of her fabrics and must make a quilt someday from them.

I'll check back in later to see what everyone is up to.
Hugs,

debinmalaga
April 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Afternoon, all! Rainy here as well - aw shucks, can't rake leaves :-). Mike working on my sewing room today so I had company while I worked on a practice piece that just might become giftworthy... which would be nice. The ones that start out as gifts haven't made it, lately!

Like everyone else, we're having to economize, and he's managing to make my cutting table out of existing supplies and a cabinet I already had... will work out great as it has 3 roomy drawers and he's making it a whopping 39" high (I'm 5'7") and my back will love the higher surface for cutting. This morning he made the shelves for the tv and such electronic stuff. Lots of sawdust in my sewing room, but lots of progress, too!

Saw an Oriole in my yard yesterday; I have a thistle feeder and birdbath outside my sewing room window, which means lots to enjoy looking at on sewing breaks.

Couldn't sign on the website all morning, which had me worried considering the tornados in St Louis - wasn't sure how far MSQC is from there. What a relief to successfully sign on just now! I missed coffee with y'all!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Patticakes, you made me laugh, I get insecure too about postings <G>. Sure you could never offend.

Sewbee
April 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
I'm in St. Louis and the tornado damage has been awful around here. Not at my neighborhood but within a 15 minute drive. There were several touchdowns as the tornado moved East across the state and into Illinois. Official reports from the National Weather Service is that the tornadoes ranged from F1 - F3 in strength. The worst damage was in the Bridgeton, Missouri area and at the St. Louis Lambert Airport which is now closed for the next few days. More than 30,000 homes still without power and hundreds of homes/businesses severely damaged if not totally destroyed. It is an absolute miracle that NO ONE was killed! There have been injuries and people trapped, but so far no life threatening injuries.

I have lived in St. Louis all my life and am used to Spring storms and tornado weather, but these last several months have been some of the most violent and unusual weather patterns I can remember!

llm161
April 23rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Happy Saturday everyone ! Today was a work day! Bah humbug. I was supposed to be in the store but I ended up planting seeds. Hundreds of cucumbers, watermelons & cantaloupes. . . . Got home, soaked in the bath and hubby and I took a walk around the yard to see what's popping up. Hostas are starting and all those cute little perennials are starting to get themselves in gear. No sewing, darn. All this rain is making me nutty.

toggpine
April 23rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Hi ladies!
I missed you this morning too. Glad to hear that everybody is doing fine. We are having the warmest weather yet. It might officially break 60 today. We packed up after a lazy morning and headed to the Farmer's Market. Not much going on there unless you wanted some craft items or snacks. The plants and veggies just aren't ready yet. It was nice to get out and walk a bit though.
We hit the grocery and picked up some produce we had hoped to get from the market.
I think we are going to try to make our own green house out of an old car cover. You know the ones that are made of metal tubes and have the tarp cover. We have assorted bits and pieces from several that have been damaged by wind and a heavy snowstorm. We are going to see if we can piece together enough parts to construct a frame. Then we will use the clear/frosted corrugated vinyl stuff to make the roof and walls for it. Hopefully we can get some veggies to start earlier and stay later in the growing season.
Blondie & others, I think we all understand how things can pile up. Sorry that you won't be able to play in the Wild Things swap with us. If I hadn't found the fabric on sale, I might not have been able to play either. It looks like I'll be playing in my stash or the sale bins with the costs of fabrics rising. Gift cards and coupons look like the best way to keep fabric shopping. I probably have enough in the stash to keep me busy for a long while though.
You all have a great day, and I'll check in later!
CAthy

bakermom
April 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Been a quiet day here. We went to visit my mom for a bit then spent the afternoon with DS and GD. DIL was working so we missed her this time. they're pretty much back together fromtheir lightning strike earlier. Pc is OK, the router was fried and that was replaced today. The TV is Ok, too but their invisible fence is toast. We're just grateful there was no fire and they were OK.
I heard aboout the storm damage in Missouri, Sewbee. Glad you're safe. We've dodged the worst of the storms so far this year. Blondie i hope you get some rest. I know how caring for someone that way can wear you down. Played that game many times with my own parents.
our Easter will be pretty low-key. Some of the kids are working, others are out of state. Just DH, DD and me this year. I'm thinking a nice brunch after church.

quiltingtrish
April 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone! It stopped raining here so DH went out to start on the front flower bed. I followed him. Many hours later and all the flowers beds are done, new seeds thrown in and have lots of plants that we divided to give to my sister tomorrow.

Still plan on getting downstairs to put some fabrics away, but glad the outdoors is finished for now.

So glad you are okay Sewbee. Isn't MSQC out in the north western part of the state? That's what I think.

Hugs,

Blondie
April 23rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
I'm in St. Louis and the tornado damage has been awful around here. Not at my neighborhood but within a 15 minute drive. There were several touchdowns as the tornado moved East across the state and into Illinois. Official reports from the National Weather Service is that the tornadoes ranged from F1 - F3 in strength. The worst damage was in the Bridgeton, Missouri area and at the St. Louis Lambert Airport which is now closed for the next few days. More than 30,000 homes still without power and hundreds of homes/businesses severely damaged if not totally destroyed. It is an absolute miracle that NO ONE was killed! There have been injuries and people trapped, but so far no life threatening injuries.

I have lived in St. Louis all my life and am used to Spring storms and tornado weather, but these last several months have been some of the most violent and unusual weather patterns I can remember!

Sewbee, I had no idea you lived in St Louis. When hubs and I were praying for all in harms way, I was amazed as well at the extent of damage and no lives lost. We are praising the Lord for that. We lost many lives last week in my state to that line of storms. The weather really has been active this year all over the world!
Glad you are safe.

Blondie
April 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/goodnight-1.jpg
Hi Ladies

Had a pretty good day. Did my sis's hair this morning after my regulars and then had her do my color. She was shaking like a leaf, afraid she would ruin my hair. hehehe. One of my co workers kept an eye on her, giggling the whole time. I've got a tough old head. Just not ready to be white headed yet.

Came home, took a NAP! Yes!!!!!!! Didn't make dinner, hubs had leftovers that he really enjoyed. Checked on Mom, reminding her I am staying home tonite. I was hoping for a very quiet Easter but Mom wants us all down at her place. So, sis is making cobbler, I am making the ham, veggies and Lord only knows what my sister in law will bring. I never eat her food. Don't think I'm ugly. If you ever took a peek in that house, you wouldn't eat from her kitchen either. When we have family gatherings, I always keep my eagle eye out for whatever dish she brings. Others are beginning to observe my inclinations. It's safer for tummies that way I think. Now you know how terrible a person I really truly am. LOL.

I am hoping that everyone has a restful evening and glorious Easter. I don't think I will do the sunrise service in the morning, but, I really hate to miss it too. Let's see how it goes this evening.

Thank you Ladies for being so special. Each of you offer something unique to this group!

Hugs and blessings to all.