PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning

Mpyles
December 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone!

I am up early for a Sunday....normally I sleep in a bit. DH woke me up using his Siri on his iPad....grumble grumble

Last week was a long week for me....there isn't much hope for this week...as it includes the end of the month and the end of the year. Grumble grumble.... I will have to work one of my days off....and that is sewing time I am giving up! Not a good thing!

DH and dd are off to licking...to visit mil.....I am up in the air on going. I truly do not want to go...but probably should go....it's just a full day...usually have to take her down to Houston to lunch...then back...what to do....

I am working on a purse...taking me a little longer than I thought it would and I am doing it the first time in one color way...to make sure I do it right before the one I actually want it in....I am sure dd will snap up the one I am making.

Well...off to do....whatever I make my mind up about...

Everyone have a good day!

bhaggerty
December 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Good Morning All!

Today is a day to get things done ! LOL! I hope I do! I really want to clean out my sewing room (which was never cleaned after IQ2 and became a grand central station for Christmas present storage/sorting/wrapping/etc) which is a total disaster today! I also want to clean out my kids' closet and pack up box (es) of clothes that do not fit anymore. If I accomplish those tasks I will be so happy! DH was supposed to take the kids fishing today, but a cold front came through and they are all still here ... that may throw a kink in my plans...
Better get going, have a big day ahead of me! Hope everyone has a relaxing or productive day - whichever fits your plans for the day!

Mary, where in Houston does you MIL live? I live in The Woodlands - suburb north of Houston off I-45
Have a fun day!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Good Morning All!

Today is a day to get things done ! LOL! I hope I do! I really want to clean out my sewing room (which was never cleaned after IQ2 and became a grand central station for Christmas present storage/sorting/wrapping/etc) which is a total disaster today! I also want to clean out my kids' closet and pack up box (es) of clothes that do not fit anymore. If I accomplish those tasks I will be so happy! DH was supposed to take the kids fishing today, but a cold front came through and they are all still here ... that may throw a kink in my plans...
Better get going, have a big day ahead of me! Hope everyone has a relaxing or productive day - whichever fits your plans for the day!

Mary, where in Houston does you MIL live? I live in The Woodlands - suburb north of Houston off I-45
Have a fun day!
I may be wrong about this, but I believe she means Houston, Mo. She said she is going to Licking, Mo ( home of our dear Bubby! Jeff and Scotty dogs) and Houston is just down the road apiece!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Hi! I should get motivated by your plans for cleaning out the sewing room, mine could definitely use some help. I am still in my " lolling around" mode, company gone, all hoopla over and done with. I have very little motivation to do much cleaning.

I am starting a small quilt that has 4 small lone stars in it. This will give me practice making this pattern before I tackle trying a big Lone Star. Plus, I'm using a jelly roll ( actually two different ones) that I just got. Hope it turns out OK.

Hope you all have a great day!

ilive2craft2
December 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Good Morning all! Sitting here with my cuppa, trying to decide what to do today. Need to go visit Mom and have her sign some insurance papers, so I can get those mailed. DS is going home tomorrow, so I should take him with me, but he is not up yet. Guess we could do that this afternoon.... Sewing room is calling to me, but should continue the decluttering we started. Maybe I will go clear off the corner desk hutch that DS left in his room - my new sewing room - so that we can get it dismantled today. Flat surfaces tend to attract stacks of things..... Once it is down, I could paint over the "camo" wall my sis painted for our ds. One project always leads to 12 others - that need to be done before the project you really want to do.

MayinJerset
December 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
DH tried out his new waffle iron this morning, what a mess he made. Grandkids liked the waffles, 13 yr. old DGS said they turned out better than the funnel cakes DH made them once that were soaked with oil. DS and kids will take off for home mid afternoon and they DH and I will chill out on the couch, sleep on the couch is more accurate. No cooking today for me as there are plenty of leftover from yesterday's party. Brother Jim's GF made a great sausage roll and I hid the remaining piece for my lunch today. There are also plenty of bits and pieces of goodies leftover, red velvet cake, peanut butter pie, cookies and a whole bag of potato chips.

BellasQuilts
December 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Good morning all! Today will be cleaning out my closet day! DH is slow today after doing lots of yard work. My legs are sore from all the up and down off the step stool and squatting cleaning cupboards. Hopefully I will have an hour or two later to make a "bebe" (that's what my DGS calls his little flannel blanket!). Three new babies on the way to make quilts and 'bebes' for! Have a wonderful day and as you go through your day, remember what you are thankful for! Megan

quiltingtrish
December 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Oh...the weather outside is frightful....
only it's not snow, it's rainy and cold. I am debating going to my dad's tonight. DH said the rain will clear up around 6 tonight, but I suppose my concern is driving home in the dark around 11 and if it freezes to the road. He says it won't. So, I think I will just call my dad and see if he wants me to come tonight or tomorrow when it's supposed to be just cold. If I didn't have to drive from his house up in to the mountains to get home, I wouldn't worry about it.
DH put in a new bathroom fan/ceiling light/heater this morning. We were just going to clean the fan area but when he took the cover off and the light fixture partly out to clean the dust - he noticed the wires were bare. So, he decided to replace the whole unit, wires - everything. Told him he better check the other one while he was at it. My goodness - it was funny. He was up in the attic yelling - go tell Odie to turn off the breaker! I scoot down the hall and yell to Odie. Odie yells back 'it's off!' I scoot back to the bathroom and yell to DH 'it's off!' This went on for about 20 minutes. To turn it off to turn it on. Also DH kept moaning the entire time - had to lay on his stomach and reach as far as he could to try to get the old one out and the new one in. He says 'who puts these things in anyways? Everything was backwards and turned toward the back' and I just replied that they must have put it in before they put the roof on. I think I will be loving that heat option in the cold wintery mornings to come.
The quilt room DH is working on for me? I asked him how large it will be and he said 16x20. So, I gently mentioned that it might have to be larger because after I moved stuff out of the bedroom, dining room, and living room that was quilty and put it in Katie's room - well, all that stuff will end up downstairs to join all the quilty stuff down there now - well - don't be surprised if I have to keep some of it upstairs in Katie's room. It's probably a good thing that for the next 5 years she will only be home now and then to visit on leave. I did warn her that I have a 'few' items in her room. She wrote back and chuckled saying she knows what 'few' means in my mind.

Better scoot and call my dad.

Hugs,