mlt150
April 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM
DUMP CAKE

1 (16-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, chilled
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease well a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
Dump pineapple (including juice) into the prepared pan; spread evenly.

Dump cherry pie filling over pineapple, spreading evenly.

Dump yellow cake mix over the top, spreading evenly.

Cut cold butter into 1/4-inch slices and arrange over the top. Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (about 40 minutes).

mollys learning to quilt
April 20th, 2011, 08:12 PM
That sounds yummy! Thankyou

bakermom
April 20th, 2011, 11:03 PM
My momused to make this. It is so good! thanks for reminding me.

SuzyQue
April 20th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Another of my favorite go to recipes. Generally have everything on hand to make it. Simple, good, and reliable! Thanks for sharing.

Dragonfly
April 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM
:icon_heh: I messaged this recipe to my daughter, (she bakes so much better than I do), told her to try it so I could see how it is supposed to work out. She was thoroughly amused that I want her to be the test kitchen. Sadly she was missing one item but has now gone shopping...we shall see. It does sound so yummy.:icon_happy:

toggpine
April 21st, 2011, 03:54 AM
My mom also makes this. She has used a variety of fillings over the years. The cherry one is her most common flavor. I have added frozen blueberries to apple filling as well. I think mom melts the butter and pours it over the cake mix and instead of nuts she uses flaked/shredded coconut. She uses foil as a cover to keep the coconut from burning and removes it near the end to brown the coconut and crisp the top.
Lynn, I hope you and your family like it!

QueenAngie
July 24th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Always a favorite! Fun to use a different fruit filling for a variety.