PDA

View Full Version : Really?? noone noticed it's Wednesday?

bakermom
April 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Can't believe noone has started a wednesday thread!? we had some nasty storms here overnight. seems pretty quiet here now.
Still nursing my foot, hurts still. Still annoyed at myself for doing it. OK it was an accident but really?? All I did was get up to take the dog out and I stepped wrong. That's it! no fall, no twist , just step. now I'm perched at DD's(so I can sleep in a bed instead of the couch) twiddling my thumbs. So has her sewing machine set up but I can't stand to put pressure on my foot, thought about rigging something else up but the way things are going I would probably sew myself.
Rebbecca- you're right! I figure between my mom and da we have spent close to 18 years caring for our parents. none of us mind helping out but when you figure the oldest sibling is 67, well it's getting hard.
Blondie- I hope things go well with your mom. we've gone thru glaucoma with mom, cataract surgery(2) and a hemmorage behind the eye(laser treatment and surgery). It can be kinda scary.

Sandy Navas
April 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Wednesday? Are you sure? I thought it was Tuesday - where did that day go? I'll tell you - I actually slept 70% of it away! UGH!!

I think Spring got stuck somewhere this year. I keep getting up to temps in the 30's when it should be at least in the 50's or 60's. I really want to be outside doing some pick-up and digging in the dirt but I'm so discouraged. Who knows when the sun will shine again?

Hopefully I am going to get to the sewing room today - have several things I really need to be working on - starting with putting some binding on a couple baby quilts (pre-quilted . . . hanging head in shame). Our new grandbaby could arrive any time now and since the six DGDs already have their suitcases packed for a trip to Nana's, I'd best be prepared, too. Papa finished the cradle and it is sitting in the middle of our dining room table. A beautiful piece. I'll share a photo soon.

Thinking of all my quilty friends and sending prayers and special wishes where ever needed.

Sandy Navas
April 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Here's the cradle - no bedding in it as yet. The mattress is at Momma's house.

bakermom
April 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
The cradle is beautiful! You all must be so excited. And hey, prequilted is fine- you still do the hard part. The binding!

twnkeyes
April 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
OMGosh! The cradle is a work of art! Would love to see the baby quilt!

rebeccas-sewing
April 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Okay. Fantastic cradle. We will now need a final picture of baby, cradle and quilt. Don't forget! We'll be waiting. How exciting! Love those dovetail joints (I think that's what they're called.) What type of wood is it? Reminds me of cedar.

patticakes
April 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Morning (checking clock...yes it's still am),
Bakermom can you train your other foot on the sewing machine "gas" pedal? Crazy that you just stepped wrong!! Hope that boot cast comes soon!
Sandy the cradle is beautiful!! Your DH is an artist!! Bet you are so excited to meet the new little one!
Not much happening here. Not planning on sewing today as I need to clean and get to the PO to send Kaylee her goodies! Excited that DBF and I will be getting out of the house today since we never even opened the door yesterday. I see 70's in the temps for next week....can't wait to open the windows and get some fresh air in here!
Take care quilty buddies!

Loonwatcher
April 20th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Bakermom - just take it easy and let you foot heal. Don't you just hate it when you don't have and exciting adventurous story to tell about how you got the injury? Feel better soon.

Sandy - that cradle is awesome. the wood does make me think of cedar too. What is it. I agree with Rebecca; a picture of the cradle with bedding and baby is required!!!

Well the hail, thunderstorms and rain has stopped for the moment. I decided to play hookie (sp?) today and stay home with hubby & son (his usual day off) and just be lazy. I did get my guild blocks done and will probably some D9P for a lap quilt I'm making for my SIL for Xmas - I should be able to finish it by then...hehe.

Have a great day. Time to fix lunch then maybe......nap time!

pdjewelrylady
April 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hello from sunny and already HOT central Florida! near 90 today! whew - we seem to have missed spring too but have jumped right into summer temps! not ready! sending lots of warm thoughts your way!
my daughter in southern indiana had a tornado scare last night - happy to say she and my grandson are ok this morning. :) have some friends in north carolina that lost thier barn a couple of days ago. Saundra - are you and jim ok?
blondie we are ALL praying for you and your mom (and larry too)
asking for prayer for my husband, tim. his asthma and allergies are really bad with the change of season and warmer weather plus he now has pneumonia in his lungs and refuses to eat healthy........
love hearing from the swap players on the progress of your wild blocks - especially on this WILD WEDNESDAY!! LOL they are going to be so cool pieced together!! yipppppeeee !!! and yes, i have an idea for the summer swap - hint: pretty floral 2.5" scrap strips will be main focus.....watch for it ;)

toggpine
April 20th, 2011, 02:31 PM
It's still barely morning here. I have been cutting on the zebra blocks. Em wants hers done too, so I am cutting all of them at once. 27 for the swap and 30 for her zebra quilt. I am mixing hers up though. I am alternating the claws block with a 54-40 or Fight block. They both have the elongated star center, but the corner units are different. It looks pretty good on paper. I hope it does as well in fabric!
Sandy, that cradle is fabulous!
It is overcast here today with the sun trying to peek through. I should get out and mow the lawn today, but we'll see how that goes. I really want to get this fabric all cut so I can start sewing!
Everybody take care! Cathy

Loonwatcher
April 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Suzi, hope your hubby feels better soon. Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at (sorry!).

My prayers are with you and all the other friends here who need it. God bless you!

Sandy Navas
April 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
To all who asked, the cradle is made from local black walnut. Usually they 'steam' the walnut which makes it the same color throughout but this was kiln-dried without being steamed and shows the actual sap wood as well as the inside growth. That's where that 'flame' came from on the side.

bakermom
April 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
sorry about you DH Suzi,allergies are bad enough but pneumonia is nasty.
I guess DS and DIL's house got struck by lightning overnight. They've lost half the electricity in their house, Pcs are messed up and parts of their invisible fence was blown above ground. they are ok , didn't realize anything happened till they got up this a.m.

Loonwatcher
April 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
bakermom, that is so scary about you DIL's house. Hopefully they have good insurance to replace all the damaged goods. Lucky no one was hurt and there was no fire.

lindaw724472002
April 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
It was a wild and crazy night last night. There were tornado warning most of the night. Not much sleep going on aroud here. Thankful no one was hurt just minor damage. It has been a very stormy week hopefully thing are calming down. Sandy the cradle is lovely. You husband does great woodworking. I know the baby will love it. Prayer to all who are sick and have a sore foot. linda

janluna
April 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
That was some storm last night. It started here about 12:50 and never let up until 4:55am It never stopped thundering. It did it the whole time! It was one weird storm! Needless to say I didn't sleep until 11:30 am. So I've had 2 hours.
I've had bad allergies and so has my DH. I'm sorry Tim has pneumonia as well. That's dangerous.
My Asthma is kicking up too. Last night's dampness didn't help at all. I'm still wheezing even after meds and inhaler and nebulizer. What a pain.
Sandy that Cradle is spectacular! Love the wood! That's a rare wood in NY. And expensive. What a wonderful heirloom to pass on to other generations.
Prayers for everyone in need and love to all. Hugs, Jan

quiltingtrish
April 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Sounds like some wild storms out there for lots of us. It's been okay here - rain and some winds, but okay to get through it all.
Sorry to hear your DH has pneumonia, Suzi. I'll send up a prayer for healing.

Have not gotten very much done here lately. Just in a funk I guess even with all these UFO's to work on. The energy is zapped out of me by the time I get home from school.

Odie put in for Hawaii or California - let's hope he gets Hawaii. We could fly there for free on Space A. He won't find out where he's going until mid-May. Summer would be perfect for us to go visit him there - I wouldn't have to take any time off work since I work at the school. So, we'll see.

Saw Katie on Monday night and got a HUG. A big one. Now can't wait until we can have dinner together so we can talk some. Sure miss her.

Well, off for now. Love the pictures of all the projects. They are motivating, guess I just need a big push to get it going here.

Hugs,

mamaquilt
April 20th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Bakermom - don't train your foot too hard, it might take longer to heal; I know from experience

Sandy- that is just a beautiful craddle. Tell your DH he did a wonderful job. I join Rebecca - please send a picture when the craddle is filled with baby, quilt and all

debinmalaga
April 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Beautiful cradle! How special!

Monique
April 20th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Snow, snow go away and don't come another day PLEASE!!

Ok we had freezing rain, snow, sleet, rain, now back to HUGE snowflakes. Ok spring I am waiting........

Still working on my whole cloth quilt. Thinking of all the quilts I want to make. Hubby is going on a trip next (his turn), maybe I can get some other quilting done.

Off to bed, tired from a day of doing nothing really. LOL!

Sandy, that baby sure is a lucky little one getting that cradle. It is beautiful.

Monique

Blondie
April 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM

Here's the cradle - no bedding in it as yet. The mattress is at Momma's house.
Omgoodness, makes me want a baby SOMETHING! You two really have the talent, Sandy

Blondie
April 20th, 2011, 10:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/1cf.jpg

Hi Ladies

Getting ready to head back down the hill to stay with Mom. She is doing pretty darn good. I declare she does better with all this stuff than I do, lol.
i bring her back to the dr on Monday for him to check on it; if that is looking good we will be back the next week. She has occulsion(sp) behind both of her eyes; one is worse than the other. So, treating them alternately. Thank you for your prayers. I am praying that this all helps her vision come back even a bit. She is now virtually blind in one eye. Poor gal. She just amazes me.

Our company arrived this afternoon for a few hour visit. Thank goodness they love the outdoors. Being from St Paul, Mn, they are grooving on the Southern climate, sun and lovely accents. hehehe. I dug up a few plants for them to carry back home. We wound up eating at a local Mexican restaurant since this stuff with Mom left me lacking time for a decent meal preparation. I don't know why I was so stinking anxious about this. They are delightful couple and just adore my son as I adore their daughter. Why wouldn't we get along famously?

This has been a long week that is going by fast - how's that for a dichotomy? Ready to sleep good tonite and come home in the morning before work to kiss the big guy good morning and good bye.

Get back in when I can chickies

debinmalaga
April 20th, 2011, 10:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/1cf.jpg

Our company arrived this afternoon for a few hour visit. Thank goodness they love the outdoors. Being from St Paul, Mn, they are grooving on the Southern climate, sun and lovely accents. hehehe.

You slay me, Blondie :-)

meemeecyn
April 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
The cradle is beautiful, Sandy! Blondie.....glad your company went well. I do that too, sometimes. Get all worked up before hand and then after the fact wonder why I was a wreck! But it sounds like you have been worried about your Mom...so it makes sense that is has to come out someplace! That's when it is time to do some quilting....very relaxing. keep the faith to all the quilt buddies.

janluna
April 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Blondie I am praying for your Mom's vision and your nerves to be restored. My Father, Aunt, Grandmother and Grandfather were all blind. My dad became a minister and my Aunt Marion is still with us at 87 and amazing. She knits, cooks, keeps a spotless house and loves her independence!
She lives on her own and refuses to stay with me or her Daughter, so we keep close track of her. We or her dear friend take her to the Docs and make sure her meds are filled and she has tons of food to cook. She is a great lady as my Father was a great man. Your Mom will do just fine in her own place where she knows where everything is. She will make your heart swell with pride more than it does now. She is a great lady who wants her Daughters near but still wants her home and independence. She will be ok Blondie and so will you my love. Hugs, Jan