PDA

View Full Version : Only 4 sleeps left

Monique
December 21st, 2013, 07:54 AM
WOW! Christmas arrives in 5 days whether we are ready or not. I had so many plans to make lots of gifts but that pretty well went by the wayside. And that's okay. I bought both of the boys subscriptions to our local newspaper as a last minute gift. THAT'S IT!! No more.

We had quite a dumping of snow yesterday. And it looks like more on the way tonight. I hope it is not too bad, as tomorrow we are going to a Christmas breakfast at my brother's house.

Work this morning and then maybe I can get some things done this afternoon. It looks like Greg and his Dad are going to go car shopping. I told them they can go without me as I have things to do. I managed to get the bathroom cleaned yesterday. It was pretty disgusting to me. You would think that there lived an army of men here. GEEZ!!!!!!!

On that note, I wish you all a wonderful day. If you are traveling anywhere, safe travels.

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Good Morning! Christmas rush is almost over here. The only thing left is a quick run to Jo-Anns to do some shopping for one of the girls who can't get away to get her presents for her 'secret sister'. Small purchase and then I'll be back in the house for some simple relaxation (?) because I really don't know what that is.

The girls are planning lots of sugary treats, Oreo snowmen, fudge, cookies, etc.

BellasQuilts
December 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Monique, I had the same plan to make stuff and that didn't happen. We finally got our tree and I decorated it last night. DD came home and said it looked very cozy and Christmas-y, so yay! Presents are under the tree and don't have anything left to do except a few stocking stuffers to get. Sandy, I hope you get a few quiet moments to unwind, you are the super Nana for sure!

laf512
December 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thankfully, I am pretty much ready for Christmas. I did almost all of my shopping online. It's just so much easier, and it's easier for me to find the better deals. I, too, had planned on making lots of Christmas gifts, but that didn't happen. I did manage to finish a quilt for my MIL, but that is the only quilty gift I'm giving this year. I need to make sure I start crafting super early for next Christmas! I can't wait for Christmas morning. I just love seeing the joy on my children's faces as they open their gifts.

I do have to spend most of the day today baking so we have some goodies to deliver to the neighbors. I had planned to spread my baking out over the week, but my 3yo got a stomach bug which messed up my plans.

MayinJerset
December 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Yes Monique the countdown begins. Gifts for DS#3 and family are under their tree and it is a real Charlie Brown tree, just a sprig with one red Christmas ball on it. We'll be heading back home later this afternoon. All that I planned to do may not be done but to relieve stress I'm focusing on what I have done. So everyone it is time to relax and There's always Next Year to finish everything.

Last night DH and I slept under 2 quilts that I had given our son and it was a good feeling. May

bkthomas
December 21st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Merry Christmas Monique!!!

Wishing you all a Merry and RELAXED Christmas!

CrazyMtnLady
December 21st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Good morning everyone. It is a very wet and rainy morning here. But no snow thank goodness.

Looking forward to Christmas morning. I have my SSS box sitting ready to open all the pretty little packages. I have not done any peeking and haven't even done any squeezing or anything. I decided to leave them in the box to resist that temptation.

Had a fitful night of sleep and then the hubby's phone rang and woke us both up. Coffee doesn't even taste good this morning and I made it the same way I always do. :( Maybe it's just because I am still so tired. Might be a good day to take a nap. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

auntiemern
December 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I certainly could use another week, but will have to manage this way. May, would love to see a pic of the Charlie Brown Tree. I have the kids all day today. DD asked me if I could make the other GP's 10 min runners for them and her aunt from that side. I told Mae Mae she could pick out the fabrics. Hugs and blessings for all. Prayers for those in need.

buckeyequilter
December 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
Hello.....

I was planning to do some baking today....but....when I walked in the store and saw a table set up with all the things I was going to bake, that's all it took. Now my baking is done and I have more time to work on the quilt for my MIL.

For the next couple of days everything in my house will be centered around Christmas preparations. I still have some gifts to wrap and a little cleaning to do.

Well need to get back to the quilt. Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs.

Bubby
December 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Good Afternoon,

I missed posting this morning. I got a visitor before I was even dressed and she stayed quite a while and we had such a great visit. We seem to only get together at Christmastime anymore. Jeff says we talk enough to last us until the next year! I visited Reggie (my LAQer) yesterday and she has her house decorated so cute for Christmas. She isn't doing any more quilting until the new year and I don't blame here.

It's rainy and near freezing right now. I was going to bake a few cookies today but have decided to wait until tomorrow. We are having a great weekend - really restful and cozy.

Stay safe and warm everyone....only four more sleeps!!

Shirley
December 21st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Freezing rain here and treacherous driving. Will much happier when I hear that my daughter reaches her home safely after work and my DH gets home safely. Made some candy this morning and now instead of running the vacuum here I am. :D
Everyone have a great weekend, stay safe and warm!

Cathy F
December 22nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
Well I'm almost ready! Just finished the last of my gift sewing. Made 1 quilt, 5 toiletry bags, 3 pillowcases, 1 pillow, 2 small wall hangings, 2 reversible mini tree skirt/table toppers, and numerous snowflakes. I'm on the baking/cooking marathon, then lastly on to wrapping and hope I get it all done before the man in the red suitcomes down the chimney. This was supposed to be the year I said I'd be done with everything by November and relax in December. It sounded like a good plan in my head.