PDA

View Full Version : What we have here is a night owl failure

Hulamoon
December 21st, 2013, 02:27 AM
Guess what movie that is from. lol

okay I gave in and gave up. My dolls won't get done on time. my dd kept saying you can do it mom. But she didn't see them yet. She popped by today and we looked at them and it was yeah, maybe not. Well I feel better because I don't have to stress and I can make some cookies!

I have a plan B! I'm going to make a Hopscotch rug and the back side is going to be an I spy. It's for my three grand dd's and I think they will be happy.

Did you have a plan B?

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2013, 02:39 AM
Used Plan B and mended a pair of much loved skinny jeans for a 9YO. Does that count?

ilive2craft2
December 21st, 2013, 02:41 AM
Not sure what movie it is from...

I think I am on to plan C at this point. I still need to get some things done - I am off all of next week, so hope to get some projects worked on. No stress though - what I get done gets done. :) Went ahead and bought things for the kids, but may still try to do sleep pants. I think they will go quick once I start on them.

We have sleet and ice in the forecast tomorrow, so may just stay in and work on things. The birthday party for my niece (1st) and my nephew (3rd) is tomorrow together - sure hope it doesn't have to get rescheduled. I helped make treats for it tonight. My sis is so creative, we did rice krispie treats on a stick dipped in colored chocolate - they looked like paint brushes. She saw it on pinterest. :)

Hulamoon
December 21st, 2013, 02:41 AM
Used Plan B and mended a pair of much loved skinny jeans for a 9YO. Does that count?

Only if you wrapped them!

bkthomas
December 21st, 2013, 03:00 AM
No, don't know what that movie is from.....but Thanks for starting tonights thread!
Started a Christmas tree skirt for my nephew last month and knew I could not do it justice in time, so I set that aside....
Tonight I started on the quilt for my BIL (Roxy's hubby) and thanks to dizzyliz for posting her Granny Square quilt, I copied it and got the first block done! I'm quite pleased with how it came out!

Sorry, having technical difficulties getting the pic to upload.

mspepper
December 21st, 2013, 03:13 AM
I think I am on plan c or even d by now. Planned on a lot of sewing for Christmas, didn't get done. Will be lucky if I get my granddaughters sandwiched and quilted in time. We have Christmas with hubby's family tomorrow... oops today (Saturday) and I was elected to bring the cookies and fudge. Since I blew my knee out a week ago, I haven't been able to do much in the way of standing. Today I just toughed it out, took a Percocet and an anti inflammatory and got it done. Still have that quilt to finish, labels for both granddaughters to embroider and attach and I want to make ornaments for all the little kids this year. Found a cute ITH project by embroidery garden, turns felt into a reindeer with candy cane antlers. Can someone please add a few more days before Christmas??? Please.

Hulamoon
December 21st, 2013, 03:16 AM
Cool Hand Luke... ''what we have here is a failure to communicate''

Couldn't communicate with plan A. lol

KathieB
December 21st, 2013, 03:18 AM
I think I lost my quilting mojo this year. I started those darn Christmas stockings about 3 months ago and planned on making the baby quilt after that. I gave my self plenty of time, not thinking life happens. So, I adjusted my thinking if I could finish the stockings last weekend I would have a week to make the quilt. Wrong. Stockings will be finished. Still have pre-funeral plans to be paid for and medicare forms to fill out for MIL.

Anyone know if sewing machines can be rented in Arizona?

dwil23
December 21st, 2013, 03:20 AM
For which project?

DD-s quilt Plan is is to wrap what I have done along with all the fabrics to complete it and give it to her. Got it wrapped.

Friend #1's quilt - Top is done, back is pieced, but not sandwiched yet and won't be quilted before Christmas. Thinking about giving it to her and getting her feedback on how she wants it quilted (Been having a hard time deciding on this one)

Friend#2's quilt - looks the same as it did last year at this time. Oh well, there's always next year.

Friend #3's quilt - is sandwiched, the binding stitched on and partially hand sewn. It will be finished in the morning when I get home - thrown in the wash to get the cat hair off and wrapped for our party tomorrow night. And I will have a couple of hours to get a nap before then!

snippet
December 21st, 2013, 04:02 AM
Actually it should be What we've got here is failure to communicate but it's a commonly misquoted line. I only remember this because it was one of my dad's favorite sayings - he loved Cool Hand Luke.

I have no plan B. But that's not unusual. I'm not much of a planner. I like to go with the flow and work from there.

HdWench
December 21st, 2013, 05:00 AM
Tossed all plans out the doors and windows and got well enough ONLY to windex a few mirrors, umm DUST omg not that anyone will notice in 3 days but I did wander around dusting and got the spare bathroom ready for the Grandson's arrival tomorrow - Plan F (failure) to sew anything in December. And all I really wanted to make were a few Pillowcases for Ruby's group, No Sew Christmas thingies... Thinking about sitting and having GS and I give those ordaments a go still, maybe I can where's the little choo choo

:-Debbie and now to bed -- Dang why don't kids SLEEP in later??? hehehe

Lisapc
December 21st, 2013, 07:54 AM
Night Owl Failure? Yes, I took a 3 hour nap yesterday and still fell asleep at 8 pm and woke up about 20 minutes ago. I am not feeling great and will try and make arraignments for the night Owl. Cyndi asked me months ago to take this over and for the most part I have but do occasionally fall asleep. I am sorry.

Plan B, gift certificates and really great Valentines gifts this year!

Hulamoon
December 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Actually it should be What we've got here is failure to communicate but it's a commonly misquoted line. I only remember this because it was one of my dad's favorite sayings - he loved Cool Hand Luke.

I have no plan B. But that's not unusual. I'm not much of a planner. I like to go with the flow and work from there.

I feel like that commercial where that girl believes everything because it's on the internet. lol

Awe Lisa, you know the title has nothing to do with the night owl thread. Hope your feeling better:)

Lisapc
December 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
I feel like that commercial where that girl believes everything because it's on the internet. lol

Awe Lisa, you know the title has nothing to do with the night owl thread. Hope your feeling better:)

Lorie, I have been struggling and failing to get the Night Owl done for weeks. I should have asked for help sooner. I just am not very good at taking care of myself and my Lupus and Hashi's are screaming for attention. I took no offense to your post honestly.

I am just having a hard time. I feel like all I do is whine lately and am fed up with it. 2013 has not been a good year for me physically and has been up and down emotionally with 2 family members with cancer, my Dad is having memory issues, my Lil' Guy keeps getting sick and someone who I thought was a real friend now loves to make jokes about me, talk about me and send me nasty and threatening messages, I just hope they remember that Karma exists. I am just not quite myself.

Some parts of 2013 have honestly felt and been gifts from God but the bad has been very bad. It is just life. I will try and check in to get the Night Owl done but I know I may not be able to do it so I just don't want anyone disappointed. I won't whine again and I do know how lucky I am to have the life I have so I will keep praying for everyone here and hope that everyone has a great Christmas.

auntiemern
December 21st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Cool Hand Luke... ''what we have here is a failure to communicate''

Couldn't communicate with plan A. lolIt is also a line from 'Major Payne'. At this point I don't have a plan, just going with the flow.

pcbatiks
December 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM
My Plan B was to let go of trying to make a couple of wall hangings for Christmas gifts. I decided I would be rushed, probably make lots of mistakes and be stressed out. They are projects that I want to take my time with.

Lisa..........please don't feel like you have to start the Night Owl thread every night.........get the rest that you need. Someone usually steps up with a subject or question for the night. We have quite a few night owls.........so the thread will get started by someone. Don't make yourself sick worrying about it...........take care of yourself.......getting a good nights sleep is more important.

bkthomas
December 21st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Here it is!!!!! Success!

No, don't know what that movie is from.....but Thanks for starting tonights thread!
Started a Christmas tree skirt for my nephew last month and knew I could not do it justice in time, so I set that aside....
Tonight I started on the quilt for my BIL (Roxy's hubby) and thanks to dizzyliz for posting her Granny Square quilt, I copied it and got the first block done! I'm quite pleased with how it came out!

Sorry, having technical difficulties getting the pic to upload.

buckeyequilter
December 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Jim was always walking around saying that.....there are several movies that the quote was used in. But, Cool Hand Luke is where I remember it from.

I have no plan B...never do LOL...if my plans fail well then what we have is failure to communicate.

auntiemern
December 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM
Ha Ha...The way Lorie's quote is stated is actually a line from Major Payne. Now that movie I have seen dozens of times. The egg eating scene in Cool Hand Luke is what I remember most about that movie. That and the way the guard was called 'boss'.

kensington
December 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM
It is also a line from 'Major Payne'. At this point I don't have a plan, just going with the flow.

Well, they had to have copied it... because Cool Hand Luke made that line famous! LOL. Paul Newman baby!

Sew Perfect
December 21st, 2013, 04:00 PM
I missed the Night Owl postings last night. Love Major Payne. My dad would always say a line like that while I was growing up and even now.

I don't have a plan "B". I think, I'm just going with the flow and solving any gift idea malfunction as I go along. That's my plan "B", I guess...Just roll with it! :lol:

Sew Perfect
December 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Here it is!!!!! Success!

Kathy...That is awesome!

ilive2craft2
December 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Lisa, please don't worry about starting the night owl thread. One of us will chime in if one isn't already started. You don't want your Lupus to get the upper hand - keep on top of it and rest when you need to. Most important for you to take care of yourself.

Sew Perfect
December 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Lisa, rest, drink hot tea, and watch Christmas movies when you aren't sleeping. No stressing.