PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sorry for myself... UGH..

kensington
December 20th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I'm going to bed. Yep, at 5:30 pm, I'm going to crawl into bed and feel sorry for myself.

DH arranged to pick up our 3 grandsons for the weekend today, and ex dil text him today and said all 3 of them are sick and can't come.

She hasn't let us have them since Labor Day, and this is the first Christmas they have not been here with the family since they were born. I'm so bummed. She makes us drive the whole 1 1/2 hours to get them and take them back as it is, and won't meet a bit half way.

Their presents are all wrapped and under the tree, I was going to decorate cookies with them, watch Christmas movies and spoil them. I'm just sick now. Ugh... Ex Dil's make me want to toss my cookies.

HandsomeRyan
December 20th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear this. I hope you get to see them soon.

ilive2craft2
December 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Oh Gloria, I am so sorry. Maybe they will be better in a couple of days and then can come over? I know it isn't what was planned, but hoping that you can get time with them. Hugs to you.

easyquilts
December 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM
As a grandmother, I understand how sad you are... I would be deveastated... No question about it. Maybe you could have a special Christmas weekend, when they are feeling better..... Kids don't care about a date... They will just be happy to be with you....

God Bless.

BellasQuilts
December 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Ah, Gloria, how sad...sending you a hug.

Jackiejs
December 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Sending a hug too ! I hope they feel better.

Shirley
December 20th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Hopefully they will be better soon and you can spend some time with them.

Nidan_07
December 20th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Sad for you to hear that. I hope that they are feeling well soon, and can come visit you. Don't toss those cookies, just sit down with DH over a cuppa and have enjoy them.

Hulamoon
December 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Wow I would be so disappointed too. Especially after seeing how cheerful and full of Christmas your house is. Not meeting half way gives a red flag too. That's very controlling and selfish I think.
I agree on having another weekend, kids bounce back. ((hugs))

Sandy Navas
December 20th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Breaking my heart . . . and you know I'll share. Gift-wrapping three hyper, sugar-high girls and sending them via sleigh!!

Can't imagine not sharing! Makes me want to . . . spit nails!

auntiemern
December 20th, 2013, 10:33 PM
So sorry to hear this Gloria. I will never understand when parents use their kids as pawns. It is the kids who get hurt...that and loving grandparents.

inspired
December 20th, 2013, 10:34 PM
So sorry to hear this. The saying " Life is what happens when you make other plans" is so true. We too are being deprived of our Grandaughter this Xmas . I shared my story earlier and took the advice of forum friends here. We will have our very special Xmas day later with her and we all look forward to it! All I can say to the idiot who is causing our grief... watch out..Karma will bite you in the a** eventually. Hope your kiddos feel better soon.

Sew Perfect
December 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Awe, I'm so sorry. I know you were looking forward to seeing the grandsons. Poor thing, I would be depressed too. Maybe they will be able to come next weekend.

GinnyKNC
December 20th, 2013, 10:42 PM
{{{Hugs}}} :(

kensington
December 20th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the support. She makes us beg. Dh had to text her 4 times and finally call. Then she made him agree to drive that whole way down there to pick up and drop off. Then, not to make her mad, he had to bite his lip while she trashed our son for a few minutes.

The boys love it here, they always come running through the door.. "Nana, we are home!!"...

It will be a very quiet weekend here. I am just having a hard time believing that all three boys got too sick to come since 9pm last night. I may try to get them the 1st week after New Years, our son is moving to Florida and we are having all the family out then for a send off.

PeggyM
December 20th, 2013, 11:24 PM
So sorry to hear this Gloria. I will never understand when parents use their kids as pawns. It is the kids who get hurt...that and loving grandparents.

AMEN! Praying it all works out. This is heartbreaking. ((Hugs))

Andrea F
December 21st, 2013, 06:54 AM
I am so sorry for you. Sending a hug too and I hope it doesn´t take long until you can see them.

Monique
December 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM
It's not fair to either you or the children. BUT on the other hand IF they are sick, I am sure you don't want what they have. You will just have a special weekend another time and make sure to tell them how much you love them.
(which I am sure you already do)