PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls, what do you call your Owlets?

Lisapc
December 20th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I have no idea if Owlets is the term for baby owls or not but it just came out that way.

I was talking to a friend today and I we started talking about nick names for our kids.

My daughter Brenna has always been my babygirl or angelbaby.

My son Peter was "the creature" while I was pregnant and I still call him my "creature man". Hubby calls him Little Guy.

I have always called my granddaughter Lil' Miss Kora Mae and with the newest she is Lil' Miss Lillyana Marie.

My mother always called me Matilda. I have no idea why and neither does she.

So tonight's question is what was your nick name from your parents and do you nick name the children around you even if they weren't your own?

cindyinohio
December 20th, 2013, 12:19 AM
My secret nick name for my daughter (Tammy) is "My lil' blond fluffball" . She is a typical blond and can sometimes be a bubble brain! My son (Jeromy) was always Jeronimo or Bubby. He's 37 and I still call him that.. My grandson (Kiefer) is "Hot Shot"
I always laugh and say my name was "Alma-Sue-Cindy" Mom and dad seemed to always have to go through the whole list to get to me!!!

ilive2craft2
December 20th, 2013, 12:51 AM
When our son was born he was over 9 lbs and my SIL lovingly called him Bubba and then many variations of that came into being (bubs, bubby chacha, bubski). We don't actually call him that anymore out loud - he is now 22 and is 6 ft 2 or 3. LOL

I am also called by my siblings names, but mostly by my sister's name instead of the brothers, but the whole list sometimes came out. I am also called Grace - I have a tendency to knock into things or trip over things or walk into things or....

Mpyles
December 20th, 2013, 12:55 AM
My daughter is arae and my son is cracker...long story!

GinnyKNC
December 20th, 2013, 01:05 AM
I grew up with my great grandparents and grandma. They either called me Ginny Ann, Virginia Ann if I was in trouble or MATILDA lol! It must have been something folks called their kids.

I always called my oldest son 'my baby boy' and even though he will be a dad anytime now, he's still my baby boy :)
My youngest son was 'my pistol' or 'my spit fire'. He use to kick my ribs when I was pregnant and walked at 9 months. Trouble with a capital T.
My niece who is also my god daughter was 'my porcelain doll' because her complexion was so smooth and beautiful.

turena65
December 20th, 2013, 02:11 AM
When I talk to my kids (3 of them live far away) I always call them Sunshine. I have called each one of them that when they were just babies. It started when they were born and I would sing the song "You are my Sunshine" to them when I rocked them to sleep. They don't have individual nicknames, and occasionally I use their real names, they all just know that I love them dearly when I call them Sunshine :)

MayinJerset
December 20th, 2013, 02:34 AM
No really interesting nick names for our sons, Robert was Bobby until high school and he became Bob,
Patrick was Paddy then just Pat, Timothy was Timmy and later Tim. Made contact with an old friend via Facebook, haven't seen each other in 40 years and she refers to my 2 oldest as Bobby and Paddy.

In my family I'm the first born and my father called me Miss May, next was my brother Jim who was nicknamed Mr. Jim. Jim is a quiet guy so even now in his 70's he is still Mr. Jim, me on the other hand had a big mouth and spoke back to my father so I wasn't Miss May for very long.

Did have a nickname in high school. Some guy who wanted to date me called me Baby Blue Eyes, we never did date as he was a minor member of the Gallo family. My father would have loved it but even as a teenager I knew better.

What am I doing here at the computer? I should be packing for tomorrow's trip to visit Tim and kids in MA. Have their Christmas gifts wrapped and ready to go but my suitcase stands open and empty. Better get a move on as I have to charge my phone, run the dishwasher and maybe catch a few hours sleep. Won't be Hooting in tomorrow night as I don't have a laptop or iPhone or any of that stuff. Might have them after Christmas but I'm keeping mum and will act So Surprised!

HdWench
December 20th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Oh I'm the only girl so daddy's girl, sunshine, pumpkin except when in trouble then all 4 names come out loud!!

My husbands youngest hated his name when he was younger so wanted to be TJ for years we called him that then one day got told it was NOT TJ anymore, it was Travis :icon_rolleyes: Ooops...

Still my daddys sunshine and pumpkin and I still forget and call that kid TJ when I want to ummm stir it up a bit :-) for a tease

stationarymom
December 20th, 2013, 02:55 AM
my son was not always the best listener or should i say he perfected blocking out my voice very young so his name would change often just to get his attention.my daughter had a foot that turned in for a while and tripped often so her name became grace,i still call her grace from time to time she is 23.

snippet
December 20th, 2013, 04:43 AM
My mom was the youngest in a family of 12 kids. Her real name is three names, not the typical two, so she got called Mary Encyclopedia.

My dad has two names, but is called by his middle name. And that started a tradition in my family. I'm called by my middle name,why my sister isn't I don't know. My kids are middle named, and so is my sister's kids.

When all the grandkids are together, we call my daughter Bruce so she'll fit in with the boys.

I usually call my kids Sweetie or Punkin.

At work I was called flaca when I was skinny and single. Then I moved to another office and was called CB (my initials). It worked for several reasons. There were three Carol's in the section and it was better than Old Carol, Young Carol, Middle Carol. Men tend to call each other by their last name or some nickname, and since the office was mainly men, they just called me by my initials.

EmmaB
December 20th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Growing up my nickname was sissy. I never did like it very much but my dad called me that so it was ok, lol. My dad had nicknames for everyone. The very best one he gave to my nephew. He got stuck with Termite. :)

bubba
December 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
When our oldest, Heather, was little we would call her Maynard. We called her sister, Tiffany, Charlie Brown. When Heather had our oldest grandson, Tyler, he inherited the Maynard name. Tiffany calls her sister Skelator...I think mainly just to make her mad. (By the way, they are now 36 and 33 years old!)

Iris Girl
December 20th, 2013, 08:15 AM
no special names for my boys. we called my youngest by his middle name till he went to school and demanded to be called his first name. My mom always called me Lady jane.

Meli
December 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
My nick name growing up was Wibbet (mom sometimes called me Wibbie). It was the closest I could get to Elizabeth for awhile. My brother Thomas was always in the dirt, so his nickname was Grubby or Grub. Daddy called my youngest brother Beauregard. No idea why.

My nephew Nik has become "Boy-o" and my niece Emi (his sister) is either Girlie or Missy