PDA

View Full Version : DH's away for Christmas. Forces or Oil field ?

PaulaAnnRennie
December 19th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hello to you all. I was wondering if there are any other ladies and gents partners away for the Christmas season ?
My hubby is away due to working offshore. He works in the north sea. My husband and I have been together for nearly 17 years. We have two girls. I don't mean to complain but it never gets any easier when he's away, I find it even more heartbreaking when its for Christmas. Its hard for him too, very hard, but its the way our life is.
All I wanted to say is that I send prayers to all that have their partners away this Christmas.
May you have a wonderful festive season filled with love and contentment.
xxxxx

HdWench
December 19th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Thanks Paula, I bet it never get's easier!! I'm sorry he's not going to be there for Christmas too and hope you and the girls have a lovely time once he returns. I always think of the solider's and their spouses at this time of year, worried if and when they will come home though it's a choice wish Christmas time was with family always. Stay well and we'll just sew while they are gone

:-Debbie

Lilbitsofthread
December 19th, 2013, 05:35 AM
My heart goes out to you Paula. My son (a 22 year old Marine) is deployed again for the holidays. At least this time he's not in Afghanistan. Know that you have a group of women (and men) in this forum that are here for you whenever you need to talk or vent. May God bless you and your family.

Monique
December 19th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Who says Christmas has to be on the 25th. You will have a special Christmas when he returns.

PaulaAnnRennie
December 19th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks to all. Monique very true our Christmas day will be on the 31st ? if all goes well. Hdwench yes a lot of sewing gets done when he's away. I miss him when I need to work out measurements for things, he's genius at working out how much I need.
Love to all that are not at home with their families x

Sandy Navas
December 19th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the reminder that not everyone is able to join celebrations whenever they occur. How often we forget those who put themselves in harms way (Yes, the North Sea is a very difficult place to work!!!) for whatever reason. This is a season to tell those hard workers, soldiers, and those who serve us how much they are appreciated.

Momofmonsters5
December 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Paula you are not alone!! My husband deployed with the army a couple weeks ago for a year. This is our second deployment in the last three years. It's never easy, we have 5 children none together but he loves them all since they came from me. Two girls and three boys. Our oldest daughter 19 is due any day with our first grand baby. They miss a lot and I miss him tons! I send lots of packages and I have gotten to skype twice so far. Just wanted to let you know I know how you feel!!!

denisecolli
December 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Hi I know how you feel I have 3 step children and 1 son. My son is away in Dubia with the Royal Navy and has been since July. It's his first Christmas away from his 2 year old son. We are planning to have Christmas lunch AGAIN when he returns in Jan complete with presents so he can enjoy the joy of his son and niece opening them
Best wishes to everyone missing loved ones at this time of year hope they all return safe