PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Fabric Giveaway

cyndiofthevortex
December 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I am in the Christmas spirit and want to give more fabric away! As I was getting out some landscape fabrics to send to a friend, I found a few extra pieces that I thought I'd give away. I have four small flat-rate boxes filled to the max with different kinds of landscape prints - you might get sky, water, bricks, stones, sand and definitely some trees! Does anyone want some? These fabrics will help you get started if you're interested in trying your hand at a landscape quilt. They are small pieces but lots of fun to play with. I'll put all the names in a hat and pull four out on Friday. Want to play?

I'd love to hear what kind of landscape you would like to make. Would it be to portray a favorite place from your childhood, the ocean, a forest or your family home? What would you make if you could?

Here's a simple one I made for my DD Bethany, to celebrate the first time her then foster children had ever seen the ocean. They are now her adopted sons and LOVE going to the beach. It's a special quilt.

Hulamoon
December 18th, 2013, 05:47 PM
How nice of you Cyndi! I would do the ocean and one of the coastlines of Kauai. The Na Pali coast is very rugged but green at the same time. I was lucky to see it from the air because my cousin was a helicopter pilot and I got to fly over it several times.

kelliedi
December 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I just love the ozark mountains ... they are in my blood

CraftyBarb
December 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Cyndi, so nice of you to do this. I would like to do an ocean and sunset landscape with palm trees. I used to live in Florida and do miss going to the gulf at night and watching the sunset.

ilive2craft2
December 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Cyndi, you are such a sweetie!

I love looking at the landscape quilts. Some day I would like to do one of a sunset with the silhouette of a bare tree and farm houses/barns in the distance. Would also like to do a beach scene.

GinnyKNC
December 18th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I always wanted to try landscaping! Sky, water, sand is right up my alley. I'd love some if there is any left.
I love the beach and would love to look at it everyday and dream of being there :) My mom is living at the beach now and it would also remind me of her.

slamb13
December 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Your beach landscape is beautiful Cyndi!!!!! I absolutely love it.

Lorie, I am fortunate to have been to and hiked along the Na Pali coast, what a fantastic spot that would be to do in a landscape quilt!!

Susan

Kgrammiecaz
December 18th, 2013, 06:34 PM
While I truly enjoy looking at the landscape quilts completed, at this time I do not have room in my project list to do one.

So, I just wanted to say how wonderful of you to offer to share your fabric.

Happy Holidays to you.

K. McEuen
December 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Oh, I think I have the same book that your beach landscape quilt is patterned after. I can't remember the title right now (am at work) but am looking forward to trying my hand at one sometime soon. I've been collecting some fabrics for this as I see them already. I think I would probably do a mountain scene.

MSzat
December 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
As a newbie here .. May I drop my name in the hat??

I am trying to mange a nautical flavored scene quilt for my grandson .. I have a paper pieced light house keeper as one of the main sections .. My very first attempt at paper pecking LOL .. There is a photo of him in my album .. mszat's creations .. And am in search of the other pieces and parts :)

Tyia
M

CrazyMtnLady
December 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Your beach landscape is beautiful.

I love making all kinds of landscape wall-hangings. Mostly with forest and wildlife. Mountains and moose, deer, bear...etc. I am totally country...

Iris Girl
December 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
What a wonderfuly generous thing to do. I would love to do the sunset in the mountains. thank you I would love to play!

andralynaa
December 18th, 2013, 07:32 PM
How nice of you to do this giveaway. I've never done a landscape quilt before, but I think it would be fun to do one with mountains because I used to go camping in the mountains with my extended family in the summers and have very nice memories from then.

coppy777
December 18th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Cyndi, how very thoughtful of you!! I have never done a landscape quilt, but would love to do a north woods lake scene.
Your ocean quilt is just beautiful! Many Christmas blessings to you!

Hulamoon
December 18th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Your beach landscape is beautiful Cyndi!!!!! I absolutely love it.

Lorie, I am fortunate to have been to and hiked along the Na Pali coast, what a fantastic spot that would be to do in a landscape quilt!!

Susan

I'm glad you were able to see it! A lot of people don't want to take the hike out there. It's been a long time for me.

Precious1
December 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I was born and raised in the Virgin Islands, just moved to Canada last year. Would definitely do a ocean land scape with Caribbean blue waters and palm trees blowing in the wind with coral sands.

pcbatiks
December 19th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Cyndi..... Your beach quilt is very pretty! Landscape and art quilts are definitely on my to do list. I would like to do a beach scene from the gulf coast of Florida and something from our trips to the Smoky Mtns.

Annette Ackley
December 19th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Always wanted to do a landscape. I'd do one of the covered bridge where I grew up at as a kid.

Granny Judy
December 19th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Hi, Cyndie.. I have a photo I took of the river near me.. with a bridge in the foreground. I want to do a quilt of that.. I'm just now gathering fabrics and would love any help or donations. 2014 has me looking at landscape quilts and studying all the beauties out there.

Thank you for gifting your stash. I am in for the drawing please..

Madeforyouinma11
December 19th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Cyndi I love your quilt...I love quiet landscapes. I think I would like to do a sunset, but not sure if it would be a winter sunset or over the ocean.
Thank you for the chance to win such wonderful fabrics to get started. Maybe this will be my lucky contest.
Good luck everyone!

bhaggerty
December 19th, 2013, 04:03 AM
I believe your quilt came from the book "Accidental Landscape Quilts" which is an awesome book!
Have done one from that book. Have also done a lighthouse/ocean landscape - just needs a binding.
Just finished a " lovely landscape quilt" of my childhood home. Pun intended! LOL!
Really want to try my hand at Cynthia England's method and have purchased her most recent book. It is amazing!
Have been collecting landscape fabrics for awhile, they are so fun! I have plenty so do not put my name in the hat this go around!

bhaggerty
December 19th, 2013, 04:05 AM
I believe your quilt came from the book "Accidental Landscape Quilts" which is an awesome book!
Have done one from that book. Have also done a lighthouse/ocean landscape - just needs a binding.
Just finished a " lovely landscape quilt" of my childhood home. Pun intended! LOL!
Really want to try my hand at Cynthia England's method and have purchased her most recent book. It is amazing!
Have been collecting landscape fabrics for awhile, they are so fun! I have plenty so do not put my name in the hat this go around!

shermur
December 19th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Hey, Cyndie...Love the landscape quilt you made! I would attempt a scene from a dairy farm with a big red barn....I grew up on a dairy farm and it was a wonderful time of my life!

snippet
December 19th, 2013, 04:39 AM
What a great spirit you have Cyndi!

I've never made a landscape quilt before. But I would make my happy place. It's the place I think of whenever I feel down or stressed. It's a beach with a chair under a palm tree. Nothing but sand and water. ahhhhh

Merry Christmas!

Sewflower
December 19th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I have done the landscapes from Fons&Porter title "Landscapes" and from photographs. Please place my name in the hat and I wish you a Merry Christmas

cyndiofthevortex
December 19th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Five! There will be FIVE winners of landscape fabric. DH and I sorted and packed fabrics last night and there was enough to tightly pack 5 of those small flat-rate boxes. Each box has a nice variety of prints. I'm so excited about this giveaway! I love these fabrics!

bkthomas
December 19th, 2013, 01:24 PM
All I want for Christmas is a little Green Egg quilt! :icon_hi:

grandmasieg
December 19th, 2013, 01:28 PM
63391 I did this from a picture my dad took while on an Alaskan cruise this past summer. First landscape quilt. He loved it! I really would like to do more landscapes and signed up for a Craftsy class. Just trying to find the time.

Hugs!
Debbie

c21cg
December 19th, 2013, 08:14 PM
wow- please include me... I am a new quilter, will be "tacking" my quilt tomorrow on my machine... and love a challenge..

Merry Christmas and hope I am a lucky winner.

Nana B, In Texas

slamb13
December 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Well I am very fortunate to be the person that Cyndi sent her first box of landscape fabric to, and it was a thrill to come home today to some Forum Mail on my porch!!

The fabric is absolutely gorgeous and I think am going to go spread it out on my floor and roll around in it!! LOL!!

The 5 lucky winners who get picked can be assured that you will be getting a box of AWESOME fabric from Cyndi!!!!

cyndiofthevortex
December 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I sure wish I could give everyone some landscape fabrics! You are all so sweet. Here are the winners drawn this morning:

Granny Judy
MSzat
GinnyKNC
coppy777
Madeforyouinma11

Congratulations! PM me your addresses and your goodies will be on their way tomorrow!

MSzat
December 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I am sooooo excited!!

Thank you thank you

Can't wait

M :)

ilive2craft2
December 20th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Congrats to the winners! Cyndi you are a ray of sunshine on this forum!

Madeforyouinma11
December 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you so much Cyndi! I can't wait! So excited to see all my new treasures. :icon_woohoo:

Granny Judy
December 21st, 2013, 12:24 AM
Wow, Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.. It landed there when I saw the list of winners. Me?? Wow, Thank you. I'll be stalking that post person again!!

cyndiofthevortex
December 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
The packages are on their way!

Madeforyouinma11
December 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I received mine! I cannot believe how much fabric there was in the box! I can't wait to make a landscape quilt with these beautiful fabrics...just need to learn how to make one. Lol
Thank you Cyndi so much for sharing them with us.