PDA

View Full Version : This is going to be me by the end of the day

bdmsmith
December 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM

I have soooo much to get done today and need to get as much done this morning so I can get back home and sew the rest of the day! 1 quilt to finish for my mom...still piecing it. 1 scrabble quilt that my DH's friend ordered to give his parents for Christmas. 1 Elvis quilt to start and finish......plus I have 1 quilt that needs FMQ and 1 quilt that needs FMQ and bound. I wanted to make some pj bottoms for family members as well but I'm giving up on that for this year. My sister's bday is in Feb so I already pushed her quilt back. My stepdad and nephew's bday is in Aug so they will get quilts then.

The stores I need to go to doesn't open until 9am and one is 45 minutes away which will be a trip there and back...I will NOT spend too much time in this LQS...just keep telling myself this. Plus, we need all the basics...milk, bread, pop, water (kids only drink it if I buy bottles) and a couple things to make for dinner this weekend. I think I'll wait and get my cookie swap ingredients later this week or Saturday after I take an inventory of what I already have and after I know for sure what I"m making.

My DH has been telling me to cutback on groceries because the freezer and cabinets are overflowing and he says we have way too much as it is and I need to find things to make in there. Sooo hard to do! I think I will at least pickup items for tacos though today since that will give us meals for 2 days at least....sometimes we can squeeze it out to 3 days depending on the company we end up getting. That will save me some time and give me more sewing time!

Lisapc
December 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Good luck! Travel safely!

Granny Judy
December 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Remember to BREATHE.... and don't go over the speed limit!!

Bubby
December 17th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Wow...how do you do it? Please take some time to slow down, breathe, and enjoy a bit of the holiday season for yourself. Barb

mamaquilt
December 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
That is just toooooo much stress. And you won't be able to wind down. That means you can't enjoy Christmas at all.
I'd make a list with just the necessary things to do and I'd stick to it, otherwise you'll be sick one of these days.

I wish you a relaxing Christmas and a Healthy Year 2014.

WendyI
December 17th, 2013, 08:55 PM
wow..I'm tired just reading that! Hang in there and remember...YOU're supposed to have fun at xmas too!