PDA

View Full Version : Machine problems...

Genny
December 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Sadly tomorrow, 2nd time since November, my machine has to go back to my dealer to see if she can find out whats wrong with it. I purchased my Babylock Ellisimo Gold machine brand new 6 months ago and gave $8500.00 for it. About a month ago I took it in for cleaning and to see why it was making noise in the bobbin case. Well they couldn't find anything wrong with it and I brought it back home after they had it for 2 weeks. Now here we go again, but now every time I use it there seems to be more wrong.

I have to turn it on 2 or 3 times to get it to respond when I touch the screen with the stylist. Its like it freezes up like a computer does.

And then...when I put in my USB with my embroidery designs on it I keep getting a message "USB Media Not Loaded" so I can't use my purchased embroidery designs.

And then...when I finally get into the Embroidery part of the machine and I'm embroidering a design the machine acts like its losing power, not always...just sometimes.

And then...When I use the trace key before stitching out a design the machine makes a loud noise when the embroidery arm is moving.

And then...While embroidering my embroidery arm is so low that parts of the design is being embossed in my embroidery unit.

I called my dealer today and either she wasn't in a good mood...I know I wasn't...or maybe its just me...but she acted disgusted that I seem to be having trouble with it and to bring it in and she'll have to get with a tech. I have to drive 75 miles each way...

Am I wrong...should I not be disgusted about all the trouble I'm having? I could have purchased a nice used car for the price of this machine. In my heart I think they should replace my machine, but that probably won't happen.

Sorry for the venting...:0

buckeyequilter
December 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I would be upset too. It sounds like part of it may be the motherboard in the machine. Good luck and I hope they can fix it, if not I think I would contact Baby Lock directly.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 16th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Oh no! Genny! If you paid that much for a machine, it should work perfectly for a lot longer than 3 months! And I know how far you have to drive to get there! Stand behind your product, and don't blame the customer! That's what I think!

Bubby
December 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I would be so disappointed and aggravated. I can't imagine a machine in that price range not sewing like a Rolls Royce!! I know it's possible to get a lemon in any brand and in any price range. The dealer should be looking into sending yours back for a new replacement. If your dealer doesn't give you satisfaction, contact the BabyLock company. Stand your ground, Genny.

Genny
December 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Oh no! Genny! If you paid that much for a machine, it should work perfectly for a lot longer than 3 months! And I know how far you have to drive to get there! Stand behind your product, and don't blame the customer! That's what I think!

My machine is 6 months old and you can be sure if my dealer can't solve my problem I will be talking with Babylock. Hopefully I won't have to. It does have a good warranty on it but having so much trouble with it now, I'm just not sure I can ever trust it to be reliable.

Cathy F
December 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
A dealer should back her merchandize. Sometimes you do get a machine with a problem. I know. When my husband purchased my Janome 350e for me I could not get it to stitch properly,designs were distorted. We took it back to the quilt shop I purchased it from , she tried it and said this machine is going right back something is wrong with it. I thought it had been me not doing something correctly. It was a christmas present for me and she didn't want me to be disappointed. She packed up the store model and said take it home and have fun with it. When we get your machine in we'll give you a call. I was very leary of doing that in case something happened to their machine while I had it. She said don't wven worry about that, enjoy the machine. That's excellent customer service and I reccomend them to everyone.

Nanato7
December 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM
So very sorry to hear of these problems. When I purchased my Brother 2500 4+ years ago, I got a great price, because it's been a demo at a big show. Well, the first six months was nothing but running the machine back and forth to the dealer (only 30 miles one-way). Finally, after the 5th time, the owner was fed up with the nonsense and gave me a brand new replacement, factory-packed and boxed as a replacement. It'd never been used (like the demo that prompted the reduced price!). The owner wasn't about to run the risk of receiving no referrals and praise from me. Please don't settle, if this machine continues to plague you! Mine was NO WHERE near the cost of yours either! I didn't have to follow-up w/the manufacturer, but don't be afraid to go that route, if your dealer won't comer thru for you!

SuzyQue
December 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
So sorry to hear of your problems with your new machine. Yes, make them make it right and if not....replace it! I always shop for the best dealer as well as the best machine. Those people can be worth their weight in gold! What a long trip and a terrible inconvenience! I would be sure to be happy before you are done!

K. McEuen
December 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I think the Lemon law says that if you have to take an item in 3 times for the same problem that theyhave to replace it with a new model during the warranty period. That may be something you want to research, just in case.

Debbie MM
December 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
They should replace the machine, you have a lemon

HdWench
December 16th, 2013, 08:57 PM
ah Genny! I'm so sorry, it sounds like a more serious problem than they want to deal with!! Stand firm and I'd have Babylock get involved right now. 6 months it should not be having issues over and over, not at any price ((((Hugs)))) Hope you have a backup machine but their voice on the phone ugh -- I would get Babylock on the phone 1st so they can have a pre-chat with that dealer! They depend on the GOOD dealers rep's or can their machines away from them. Hope to hear they take it back and replace it for you, good luck

:-Debbie

Sandy Navas
December 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
And I thought I was having a bad day.

I won't go into my long RT visit to the dealer . . .

easyquilts
December 16th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Good Grief! You have every right to be totally disgusted and angry.... You paid a lot if money for a very high end sewing machine.. It should NOT be having such serious problems.... Really....

It's a shame, and should not have happened.... Heck, there are $100 machines out there that have lasted a whole lot longer than that....

Genny
December 16th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I've still got 36 payments to the bank on this machine.

Kgrammiecaz
December 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM
The first time would have been a big issue for me, but the second time I would be just asking for a new one fron Babylock. I am not very tolerant when I have to pay a huge amount of money for a product. Ifeel that way about my less than 500 dollar Babylock Grace

Lisapc
December 16th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I would at this point plant my bottom at the dealers until he is either carrying you new machine out to your car or confirming the tracking numbers with Babylock to track your replacement shipment to your home.

You got a lemon and I am very sorry. I would honestly be in tears to pay that much for something that needs any repairs at all within this amount of time.

easyquilts
December 17th, 2013, 02:17 AM
A dealer should back her merchandize. Sometimes you do get a machine with a problem. I know. When my husband purchased my Janome 350e for me I could not get it to stitch properly,designs were distorted. We took it back to the quilt shop I purchased it from , she tried it and said this machine is going right back something is wrong with it. I thought it had been me not doing something correctly. It was a christmas present for me and she didn't want me to be disappointed. She packed up the store model and said take it home and have fun with it. When we get your machine in we'll give you a call. I was very leary of doing that in case something happened to their machine while I had it. She said don't wven worry about that, enjoy the machine. That's excellent customer service and I reccomend them to everyone.

Cathy.... You've got a wonderful dealer... Hang on to him/her!

Mpyles
December 17th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I believe I would take the following copied paragraph from the babylock website in to the dealer whe you take the machine in...

At Baby Lock USA, we believe every consumer is entitled to a strong manufacturer's warranty and quality service. That's why we sell our advanced technology sewing machines, sergers and embroidery products only through Authorized Baby Lock Retailers. Authorized Baby Lock Retailers commit to a high standard of service and ethics. They provide follow-up training, advice, accessory items, service, warranty work, and other services necessitated by a specialty product. These retailers have been chosen for their dedication to supplying their customers with superior products and customer service.