PDA

View Full Version : Yes, yes, yes

mamaquilt
April 18th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I'm so glad. I was able to cut 5 jeans to make rag quilts for 3 of our "grand dogs." Although my wrist hurts a little now, I'm so glad I can cut again with my hand and I'm looking forward to make those quilts tomorrow. Maybe not finish them, but get them sewed.

I'll post them once they're finished.

greetings from Luxembourg.

meemeecyn
April 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Can't wait to see them! Hope your wrist feels better soon. It's hard to stop once you are on a roll!!!

patticakes
April 18th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Good for you mamaquilt! The jeans take the longest time don't they? I got a huge blister on the inside of my thumb when I did all the snipping around the squares. Do you have some of those spring-loaded scissors?

EsGrandma
April 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah for you!!! I got a blister with just doing flannel and you are going for the tough denim - know it will look great!

Blondie
April 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Yes, Yes, YES! but don't overdue - remember your wrist!~
I purchased a pair of rag scissors. Really helps with the tough stuff. I used my rotary cutter as much as possible through the tough stuff.

Loonwatcher
April 18th, 2011, 09:41 PM
YAY! Can't wait to see the quilt when it's done. Take it easy on your wrist though.

bakermom
April 18th, 2011, 10:01 PM
glad your wrist is working again. Looking forward to seeing this quilt.

RFREE
April 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Hey hey hey sounds like you are doing great!!! Good for you!! You go girl!!!!!!!!

mamaquilt
April 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all your encouragement. But have to make a pause right now, as it hurts. So I'll go for a long walk with my husband.It's a lovely spring day and that will do us good too. Take the camera along, so I might post some pics tonight, if they turn out good.

By the way don't have a blister yet, but all the denims are cut out as well as all the tops. Have sewn 8 squares. Rest will follow tomorrow after the therapy.

mamaquilt
April 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Yes, Yes, YES! but don't overdue - remember your wrist!~
I purchased a pair of rag scissors. Really helps with the tough stuff. I used my rotary cutter as much as possible through the tough stuff.

Used the rotary cutter too. I don't have rag scissors, but I do have a husband with some spair time hahahaha

mamaquilt
April 19th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Good for you mamaquilt! The jeans take the longest time don't they? I got a huge blister on the inside of my thumb when I did all the snipping around the squares. Do you have some of those spring-loaded scissors?

Cutting up the jeans went ok, yesterday. Hurts a bit now. Those spring loaded scissors are they the rag scissors Blondie talked about? I don't have any special scissors, but as I told Blondie, I have a husband with some spare time!!!

debinmalaga
April 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Good idea, putting the hubby to work!