PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday and it's a snowy day here

Monique
December 15th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning. YES, it is only -8.6F, -13C. So my water was frozen this morning but managed to get that thawed out in record time. Thank goodness it was not frozen for too long. It is a snowy day here so I don't think we will be going anywhere.

Greg called and said he is coming tomorrow or the next day and staying until the 27th. Roxy is going to PEI to be with her parents and have some quality time with them. So I won't see Jersey or Roxy during the holidays. Glad to have Greg home just the same. Which means I need to clean that room before he gets here and do some wrapping, at least his.

I work a full day tomorrow, not sure exactly why but what the hay. Made a lunch date with my friend. WOOHOO!!
I got the top made for Sadie's pj's yesterday and will finish the bottoms today. I do want to make a table runner for my boss as she lost a lot of her Christmas decorations in a flood a couple of weeks ago. So that is on my to-do list.

Not much else aside from that. Sure nice not having to go to work today.

Have a Blessed Sunday friends.

PeggyM
December 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM
B-R-R-R! I can't imagine below freezing. Stay warm.

CrazyMtnLady
December 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Good morning. Not going to complain about my 21*F temperature at all. Stay warm. Our temps are going to start rising over the next few days and will be back in the 50s sometime next week. Yippee. over 50 means I will do some laundry. I wouldn't have much to do since we haven't been going anywhere and staying in our sweats all the time. But I've been going through all those bags of clothes and there are somethings that do need washed before I will wear them. Finding lots of nice things....but I have no where to put them until I clean out my old clothes. :)
There sure are going to be a lot of clothes to donate to charity.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
December 15th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Good morning! I have rolled out of bed...trying to convince myself I feel better..we will see after the first cup! Monique...brrrrrrrrr!! I whine when it's 20! Don't think I would make it any farther north! Donna, nice to have new things...don't forget that you can make quilts out of some of the clothes fabric you don't intend to keep! Sounds like you have the same problem as me...full closetness! My problem is I will prolly never wear half of it...I really need to get rid of some of it....perhaps take my own advice!

Today is my family Christmas! I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. Sadly my younger sister is gone, which always makes it bittersweet for me....as she was my closest sibling. We are 2 1/2 years apart in age and she was such an impact on my life. I miss her. My older sister....well let's just say..she has issues. I doubt she shows up. Don't know if all of my brothers are coming or not. My brother just older than me will be there as well as my oldest brother...the other two...who knows. Most of the grands and great grands will be there...it will be a crowded house...hoping for warmer weather...so I can escape outside if need be. My DH will go...and for that I should be grateful...it's very crowded at my mothers...she doesn't have good flow throughout her house...so there tends to be crowded areas. We will see how long he stays.

Yesterday I felt like crud most of the day...but worked on a rag quilt for my son...trying to get it done. Maybe I will have some time this morning. I made homemade egg noodles last night..they are in the freezer just have to cook them and prepare a salad. Want to put some hair color on as well....

Guess I better get a move on huh? Everyone have a great day!!

Bubby
December 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Good Morning,

It's bitter cold here and Jeff is outdoors working on the gutters. Seems we have ice dams. I've been up since 4 doing some machine embroidery. I should have checked in with the Night Owls.

I'm going to make pulled pork , homemade rolls, slaw, baked beans and cheesy potatoes for dinner. Nothing like carb overload! I feel like we need a real stick-to-your-ribs meal today. We finished off our pot of bean soup with ham last night. We love winter food.

Have a great day friends.....Barb

Sandy Navas
December 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Shhhh, it's quiet here. The girls have gone to Mass and they will stay for a nice lunch at the church. Papa and I are alone.

Had a wonderful visit and enjoyed meeting Kensington's family yesterday. THANK YOU so very much for such a great time. Your home is so beautifully decorated, warm and inviting - add to that the family you shared +++ . . . a glorious way to start feeling the Joys of Christmas.

Struggling over one of my Crazy Leg snowmen was the lowlight of my day yesterday. Amazing how often I had to stop and clean the bobbin area on one very small piece. FELT! Ugh! Hopefully I can get two finished in the next day or so for gifts for my Li'l Sis and SIL.

Nothing else happening - it's not that cold, hardly any snow left, and Q U I E T . . .

djuseless
December 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I live in MA and got a solid 6 to 8 inches of snow overnight. My hubby cleared the driveway and just left to go snowmobiling with his friends. I love this time year, I get some quality quilting time on a regular basis. I am finishing up my first jelly roll race quilt today. Then I have some other projects to work on for Christmas over the next few days. Fun stuff!

nyscpa2be
December 15th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Good morning! We were forecast for 6-10", have 14" right now, and the snow is still coming down. The meteorologist really got this one wrong. I'm hoping it sticks around - we haven't had a white Christmas for years.

Yesterday my nephew and I finished his present for his mother - a dresden pillow for the couch. I'll post pics later. Need to get the tree up and the nativity out, both of which will take some time. I am not skipping church today, as I prefer to say that "I'm lightening St. Christophers prayer list" by staying off the roads. I do have three quilts to finish this week, so I'll be busy.

MayinJerset
December 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Been up for a long time but haven't had time to come over to see what's happening. Snow stopped sometime during the night and looks as if it compacted overnight, hope that doesn't mean there is ice on top. Everyone is out and driving so can't be too bad out. DH should be on his way home from MA. I'll put a pot of carrot soup on for dinner as I know he'll be hungry when he gets here, even bake up some biscuits I found in the fridge. Still lazing around today while I'm still Home Alone. Mixed up some cookie batter and need to get it baked and I think that's about it for me for today. Nice to have a day or so to do nothing, boy will I be sorry for those words during the week when I'm rushed for time.

quiltingtrish
December 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM
We just finished shoveling for 4 hours, it's finally done. Think we got about 3-4 inches but that's plenty when you have a double wide and super long driveway. A snow blower is not in the forecast, bill wise. I will be home the rest of the day. Probably finishing up those snap bags and helping DH figure out why the heck the lighting didn't come on in the basement after rewiring 3 light fixtures. His back and mine are not up to it, but it must be done.
Hope you all have a great day!
Hugs,

BellasQuilts
December 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Good Sunday morning all! DH and I went over early this am to pick up the DGS. His folks had an ATV tour scheduled, so we had to pick him up early so they could get the quads ready for their customers. It's a gorgeous 2-hour ride on their family ranch and today is clear so at the top of the mountain you can see the ocean on one side and the Santa Ynez Valley on the other. Beautiful ride. DH is outside with our little rancher throwing stones and looking at the neighbor's horses. That boy LOVES horses. Good thing he is growing up on a ranch and will probably be a great horseman some day. He can already turn on the quad and put it in gear at 1.5 years old. DH is drooling over a kid's quad that he wants to get him. Well, stay warm today all and sending you all some Christmas cheer and prayers if you need them. Megan