PDA

View Full Version : Life sign :)

Evilynn
December 14th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hello guys!

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing fine and I'm still alive. Lately the quilting bug just didn't bite me so much but the knitting bug. That doesn't mean I forgot about you lovely ladies (and gents) which I didn't! I have some of you on my facebook so I can see at least some of the lovely projects you created :) I'm not even knitting that much because Janna takes a lot of my time (toddlers.. :D) she's walking like a pro already, she's starting to run and jump now. She can say "mum" in German and Finnish, "grandma" in German und "daddy" in German. She sometimes says "give me" in Finnish when she wants something. And couple days ago she fed me a cookie. LOL! That was pretty cute.

For those who wonder how my cancer treatments are doing... well... my next check up is in February or March. I have a questionnaire flying around somewhere about the family history about BC... it's for the genetest. Now, that I actually have it here, I'm getting doubts if I really wanna know if I carry the gene or not. Sometimes it's good to not know, right? And my oncologist said she would hate it if I didn't want to have another kid just because I carry the gene (if I do.) I dunno yet. What do you think about it? Would you want to know if you had a gene that runs in your family (Huntingtons, BC, UC or similar things) Apart from the gene test I do not worry too much about cancer barely even think about it. Of course, if I find something "unusual" I start to get panic but I think that's very normal.

I hope you guys are enjoying the pre-christmas time (which has it's own magic!) and are doing otherwisely great, too. Let me know if you need something, perhaps I can help out :)

Hugs,

Steffie.

P.S. GEEZ. I forgot to tell you about the most important news. I'm so silly. I'm getting MARRIED!!!ONE111 :D My wedding date is the 3rd of January :) I'm pretty excited!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Hi Steffie! So good to hear from you and thanks for the update! Exciting about the wedding! Keep in touch with your quilting friends here!

Mpyles
December 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Good to hear from you!! Congrats on the marriage!! January 3rd, my dh and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary!!

MayinJerset
December 14th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Wonderful to hear from you Steffi and wonderful to hear about what Janna is doing and the Great News that you will soon be Married. It certainly is going to be a Happy New Year for you and your family.

snippet
December 14th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Getting married?!?!? that doesn't get top billing?????

Congratulations & best wishes for the future.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Iris Girl
December 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Great to hear from you, glad things are working your way, Grats on the marriage!!!

Monique
December 14th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Steffie, it is so nice to see you. I am glad you are doing so well. And CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding. WOW! That is just wonderful. So happy for you.

Bubby
December 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Great hearing from you, Steffie, and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!! Glad to hear that Janna is doing well and keeping things lively at your house! Keep in touch with your friends here...we miss you. Barb

MRoy
December 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM
It's good to hear from you Steffie and to hear that things are going so well. Congratulations on your marriage! (((HUGS)))

kelliedi
December 14th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Steffie CONGRATULATIONS on getting married what a great way to start off the new year!!!!! As for wanting to know if you carry the gene of cancer, well i have really thought about it a lot because cancer does run in my family and to be quite frank I would want to know not for me but for my children. My child bearing days are over but I would want them to know if they have the possibility of getting cancer from their gene's and not if it was their environment. If you let knowing control your decisions about your future, more children or not, then the cancer wins in my opinion. You don't know your future. Again this is just my opinion and Congratulations on getting married!!!

ilive2craft2
December 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Congratulations on getting married! It is so good to hear from you. Come back and visit even if you are not quilting. Janna sounds like she is growing so fast and busy toddlers do take so much out of your day!

Bailey65
December 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Hi Steffie,

I am glad to hear how well your doing and your little one sounds adorable! As for having genetic testing....well my Mom passed away at the age of 46 due to Breast Cancer. If I had insurance and it would cover the testing I probably would have it done. My only concern would be if I had the gene would no insurance company cover me after that?? If I found out I had the gene I would have a double masectomy without even thinking about it!

CrazyMtnLady
December 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Great to hear from you. I haven't been sewing or actually doing anything lately. Lost my oomph!

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

bubba
December 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

As for the gene testing, the only reason I would do it would be for my kids just so they would not have to go thru the same thing.

Genny
December 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Sounds like you're doing really well and "Congratulations" on your upcoming wedding!

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Sending hugs on so many fronts! Gene testing? I don't know. Do know that CA does not run in my family - other issues do.

CONGRATULATIONS on the pending marriage. And it all started because you followed your nose . . . to Finland. Look where it has taken you!!!

cindyinohio
December 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Congratulations on your wedding.
My oncologist didn't recommend gene testing because there's no history in my close family (maybe some distant great aunt) and my type of cancer is usually luck of the draw. I'd go by their recommendations.I was concerned for my daughter.

Evilynn
December 15th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Congratulations on your wedding.
My oncologist didn't recommend gene testing because there's no history in my close family (maybe some distant great aunt) and my type of cancer is usually luck of the draw. I'd go by their recommendations.I was concerned for my daughter.

Well, my cancer type is also very very rare (0,08 - 0,2 % of all malignancies found in the breast) so I am pretty unhappy that I didn't win the millions instead. Pffffft. But my onc said if you have the gene it's not a particular type of BC that develops, it's really random. And given I had so many relatives in BOTH of my family sides (the fatherside is more important, if a sister of the father or even the father himself has/had BC it counts 2x as the motherside) they recommended testing. I'm so uncertain. At first I was eager to find out - but now, that the paperwork is here...

Wwena
December 15th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Weee congrats on the impending wedding!!!1111111!!!!! :D :D