PDA

View Full Version : **SPECIAL FLASH SEWING** December 14 - 15

HdWench
December 14th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Hi all and Welcome to a very Special FLASH Sewing weekend :icon_wave:

To all new friends, just add a post saying what you would like to get motivated to do anything sewing related (including just tidy fabric)... Then check back in for some Great Motivation!

Before bed Sunday post what you got done - it's that easy

Ready...............

Get Set...............

Let's Go Sew :icon_woohoo:

**Special** For this weekend with your Post please pick a number between 1 and 100! I've a Fabulous COOL small project PDF for several folks that join in!!

Nope - you'll have to wait to see what it is ! :icon_heh: Yep I'm such a tease!

This weekend I hope to finally sew the 2 pillowcases I cut out Dec 1st for Ruby's Cyber Elf's group - Anything on top of that will be a blessing

I'd love to make some fabric boxes and the non-sew Christmas Ordaments too but 1st will be trying to accomplish 2 pillowcases

Sew... Here we go! Good luck all - LQQK at all the projects we will get done "together" sew far apart

Thanks

:-Debbie

HdWench
December 14th, 2013, 03:24 AM
OK a little hint :D

I bought 10 of these patterns from a really nice woman named Chris Gilman. She was kind enough to "Trust" I would only give 10 out and I will keep to that. Some were given already but I've the "rights" to a few more yahooo! It's a cute and Fun project so Put a Number in your 1st post

Due to copyright I have to email the winners a PDF file.

OH and I got 1 of her funny "Cut the Cheese" pattern (google her name, she's got some really different quilts and projects)! All good prices too

Sew Perfect
December 14th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Does crocheting count? If so, I made a hat for my ds and now started a scarf tonight. My goal is to get the scarf finished this weekend.

My number is 23.

Kgrammiecaz
December 14th, 2013, 03:30 AM
I vow to complete my daughters tshirt quilt that I started when she was about 17. She is now 25, ugh. I am in the quilting stage and its currently about half done. One thing, can i do it?

Love the pic. Number 47 for me!

KathieB
December 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM
IF, everything goes according to plan, I will be lining 8 stockings and calling them done! Then on to the baby quilt. Wish me luck and say a prayer. :icon_rolleyes:

Lucky #1

toggpine
December 14th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Flannel Pillow cases and Sleep Pants. Lots of them. I think they are multiplying while I sleep.

IF I get that done. I have a "Dancy Dress" to make for Christmas. You know, one of the fancy ones, made with slippery material and probably at least a zipper.

MomGram
December 14th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Need to long arm a quilt and my norm never ending binding. I've got 10 quilts to machine bind. Luckily football game is away this week. Told my son he was in charge of getting dinner Saturday and my sister she has dinner on Sunday. I'll take 64. Thanks Debbie this sounds like fun.

shermur
December 14th, 2013, 04:53 AM
My number is 13 (Halona's new age on 12/22).
Sewing not a lot, hand quilting the 5 kids Christmas quilts? A LOT! What a crunch this weekend to get these year long projects finished in time!

Learner quilter
December 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I plan to finish a quilt I started in july. It was to be a baby gift, but it has taken me so long to do. I had to get fabric from America to finish the back. Please can I have #55 .

Hulamoon
December 14th, 2013, 06:05 AM
My plan is to get four dolls for my grand dd's at least 75% done. I need to embroider the faces and that is what will slow me down. Haven't done that in years!

Andrea F
December 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Debbie, you are such a sweetie! My number is 46.

I have to finish stitching the binding on a christmas table runner I started weeks ago. And I need to finish piecing the top for a quilt I started even longer ago. And then I found on the internet a beautiful diamond log cabin quilt. I am going to make a test block to see if I correctly figured the dimensions of the strips and the blocks out.
Anyway, I will be happy if I manage to get any sewing done. Havenīt had a lot of time to sew in the last couple of weeks.

Iris Girl
December 14th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I want to work on my labyrinth walk quilt and maybe a couple quilts for picu. I already have the escapee pattern so number here.

HandsOffItsMine
December 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
(((Debbie))), what fun you create! :)

I worked on some special request pillowcases for a group of 12 homeless children who are in a temporary housing situation in San Francisco. One of my Elves is sadly there with her husband, waiting for a place due in Jan/Feb. Need to make a 40x30 SSB for a two month old little girl today as a pillowcase won't work but I want to make sure she gets something as well. Have to get some more boy teen fabric, so hard to find. All this needs to go out on Monday!

53 will be my number. :D

DeniseSm
December 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I pick number 37. I will be making and attaching the binding to my quilt Patriotic Dreams, take and post a photo, and then working on the quilt sandwich on my next bargello quilt called Wind in the Willows.

This is so much more fun done with an on line group.

nyscpa2be
December 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
My weekend projects are helping my nephew finish his present to his mother - a dresden pillow. And then I need to work on three Christmas gifts. I just got a box in the mail with more fabric, so to the sewing machine I shall go!

New York Sue
December 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm IN!
The snow is falling, and the world can SLOW down a bit.
I'll be in my sewing room!
WOOHOO!

ilive2craft2
December 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Debbie, you are just too good to this group! Love all of the enthusiasm and fun you bring to us! My number is 50.

I am going to finish the pillowcases I started for Christmas presents - I think I have 7 or 8 that just need the final sewing.

I need to work on some stuff for a baby shower that is happening right after Christmas that I just found out about. My cousin's daughter is due in March, but lives out of state and won't be home again until after baby is born. I might do a SBB and a couple of burp cloths. I can't remember if they know what it is or not - will have to do some sleuthing on FB.

Need to quilt and bind some Christmas runners - I pieced them last year, but never got around to quilting them.

I want to do some pajama pants, but I didn't make it to JoAnn's yesterday for a pattern (or 2) and elastic and now we have a lot of snow on the ground and it just keeps coming down, so I am not heading out into it today.

Also need to make Christmas goodies to mail to some relatives and the 4 doz cookies my DH needs for a cookie exchange.

Of I go to put the Christmas music on and get busy! Might read a bit more on the forum as I drink my first cuppa. :)

ldnanny3
December 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I have a pillow I have to finish for quilt girls party on Tuesday and then some snowflakes for each of the girls in the group, plus some wrapping I need to do and my lucky number is 49 (and holding).

easyquilts
December 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM
My lucky number is 5.

I have to clean for company today, so I won't get to sew as much as I had planned.... But....I want to finish up a couple more little bereavement blankets/quilts, sew my Sumer in the Park top together, and maybe sandwich my coins quilt....I want to get that one done... Oh...I want to make a tn if scrappy four patches from my baby pastels charm pack..... Using Jenny 's method, of course...

We have snowy, "wintry mix" weather here today.... I'm not planning on going anywhere... Still got my warm jammies on... Topped by a soft warm sweater.....no bra,,,that's a secret,.....

MRoy
December 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I need a new purse, so I'm planning to cut and sew a new quilted bag. I chose #19.

Lindagie
December 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
There is a lot of snow on the ground and it is still coming down, so while I drink my first cup of coffee and have a cookie, let me think. My number will be 16 (the BIG BD coming up in a few days; Hm. Not sure how I feel about it)

I will do the last sewing on two pillowcases for the granddaughters, cut out and make one for a grandson, clip all the seams on the final rag quilt for the grands so they can be washed and finally finished, and sew up 3 more furry scarves as gifts. If I can't get out at all this weekend, I WILL finish that baby quilt for a grandson. Only 2 borders left to handquilt and then bind it.

Looks like I'll have to do some more online shopping as well. Time is just going by waay too fast this month. Now I have to go out and feed the birds and let the dog run some more. She LOVES all the snow!

Marebear
December 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I have a quilt all sandwiched and ready to be quilted. I hope to get that done this weekend. I would love to get it all finished with the binding too, but that might have to wait until this next week. It is a Christmas present so I need it done soon!!

27 is my number - thanks Debbie - that is the cutest little quilt!

lighthouse
December 14th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I plan on making a couple pillowcases to match the quilt I made for my granddaughter for Christmas. Then make a bunch of potholders to give out as needed. Hope to also get my quilting room straightened out again! Possibly work on some UFO's.

My number 45.

buckeyequilter
December 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
First on my list is house cleaning and finish decorating, which I'm doing now. Then I'm going to sandwich MIL's quilt and get it quilted. Hope to get the binding on too....might just do it by machine, since it's a lap quilt. I think I might bring my machine in the house and do the quilting on the dining room table.

bdmsmith
December 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
This weekend I need to finish cutting out parts of a quilt that I am making for my mom for Christmas. I have most of it done and have just a few strips left to cut and then I can start sewing them into the blocks. By Sunday evening I'd like to have all the blocks sewn and start putting the blocks together.

I'll choose number 24.

Ginny B
December 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I am going to put the lining in 11 tote bags and then they will be done. I also need to finish a bunch of tea caddies and one Christmas table runner for another co-worker of dh's. It's one of those 10-minute table runners (but double the length so it will take 20 mins. ).

I am also doing a ton of laundry, need to decorate the tree -- and the rest of the inside of the house, and get the last online gifts ordered so they arrive in time. Oh, and I have to bake some cookies to put in the packages to my sons who are in CA and GA.

It will definitely be a busy weekend sew off I go. Oh, and it's snowing so it's a great day to be inside and doing all these things.

toggpine
December 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I have informed Hubby that it's a sewing weekend, and unless he needs me to hold or help him move a piece on the bed he is making, I'm in there.
Had my coffee and a quick check in here, so I am off to work too!

Annette Ackley
December 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I'm in. I'm gonna finish my table runner . I'll pick #28. This is fun...

DeniseSm
December 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I had to stop sewing to order fabric from Connectingthreads.com. They have their Fall 2013 batiks on sale for $3.96 a yard. I love fall colors. Ordered over $100. Happy happy:D

bonniebella
December 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I bought a second hand sewing cabinet with drawers and yesterday I filled it as I sorted, tidied my sewing room, I am finally organised. I started putting the blocks together on a motorbike quilt ( a bit bigger than lap size) I am making for my son. I could not decide how to lay the blocks so I got him to choose. Today I hope to finish, sandwich and quilt it. Can I have 92 please.

cyndiofthevortex
December 14th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm in for the first time! I made my list and started on it yesterday. I finished my last strip-pieced wallhanging, sewing on the binding and the hanging sleeve.

Also on my list is to cut out the tote bags I am making for my three lovely DGDs for Christmas, plus start quilting my sunflower quilt. It's been basted for a month and ready to be finished.

BUT...I have just been given the job of babysitting a DGS who is sick while his mom goes out Christmas shopping. That is definitely cutting into my sewing time. But he's a nice boy and I'm enjoying his company.

We'll see how much I can get done.

mothrnatr1
December 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I have been part of a block swap and have picked up an abandoned "state" because of a drop out. I have to finish them and get them mailed. I have 24 left to make. They are all cut out but just have to get sewn together. Then I need to make some fabric covered plates. I might have to make some time to look at the batik sale someone posted above ;). I am getting off the computer and heading to the machine now.....

My number is 29.

mommiepainter
December 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I hope to make a Christmas runner for me. I made two last weekend but gave both away.

Number 13 please.

Granny Judy
December 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
getting a late start, but I'm here. I'll take Number 71 please.

Went out for lunch and stopped into Goodwill for a look around. I've been gone a couple of months so it was time to check it out..esp before Christmas.. Glad I did.... got some great eye candy and fabric.

I'm working on putting a top together from the orphan blocks Kim sent me.... I have 2 more sets of orphan blocks from her.. and a baby quilt top from Susan to get done this week end. Then comes Sandy's blocks...... Running short of time so better get at it.!!

MomGram
December 14th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone taking a break. Managed to get an early start today, quilting a quilt. Then wham headache hope meds kick in quick. Forgot I had another top ready for borders so hope to get it done too. Of course I can't use the extra set I made, wrong color. Happy quilting/sewing/cleaning chat later.

Claire Hallman
December 14th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I missed the boat today but will get busy tomorrow. Today had much more important things to do.
My only child/son has been estranged for 6-7 months came to see us and brought our grandbaby that we have not seen since May, needless to say we enjoyed grandparent time and now am basking in the glow of a brighter future with better communication and opportunities to see them all. Tomorrow I will sew lots on the Christmas quilt that is about half way though, maybe I can get it done in time to gift it to them for Christmas.
Unfortunately I can't seem to upload a picture of our happy smiles but believe me they are there.
No number for me, I have already won the most perfect thing today.

buckeyequilter
December 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I may not get that quilt quilted. I am in the process of cleaning a room upstairs so I can bring a machine and a few supplies in the house. I'll will probably not get my machine in the house until tomorrow.

HdWench
December 14th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Progress on Saturday Report - List for Motivation

LQQK at what we are all trying to get done - Hear our sewing machines humming along with this:

Pillowcases - Debbie, Tog, Lisa, Linda, Dawn

Crocheting - Misa

Quilts - Kgrammie, MomGram, Sherrie, Learner, Andrea, Iris, Denise, Sandy, Linda, Mary, Shirley, Teresa, Robyn, Cyndi, Mothrnatr1, Judy, ..... Claire (I bet you were Beaming with smiles congratulations!)

Table Runners - Andrea, Lisa, Ginny, Annette, Mommiepainter

Dreseden Pillow - Amy! and Another pillow by ID Nanny yeah

Stockings - Kathie

Pot Holders - Dawn

Purses/Totes - Myrna, Ginny, Cyndi

Dolls - Lorie (we must have a photo these sound so cute!)

PJs - Tog

**AND Denise shared Connecting Threads.com Fall Batik's are on sale for
$3.96/yard - \

Only 4 pm my time Saturday having a cuppa and into the sewing room!

Yeah - Let's Go Sew!

:icon_woohoo:

ilive2craft2
December 14th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Got the pillowcases finished, but that is it so far in the sewing room today. Did get the driveway shoveled - I think we ended up with 8 or 9 inches of the white stuff. We are off to go bowling tonight and it is food night, so I also made a cheese ball this afternoon. Did I mention the nap after shoveling? :)

GuitarGramma
December 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Good afternoon, fellow quilters. This is my first flash sewing with you. I have two things I'd like to accomplish. One - finish the Christmas placemats I started. Two - take in the jacket I just made because I misread the pattern and it's WAY too big on me.

My number is 89.

Thanks for this fun sew-along.

HdWench
December 14th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah Welcome Toni!! We like to imagine all us folks going to sew (and we've a BIG list) it's a Sew Along and glad you joined in!

Just post back before bedtime Sunday night if you got it done (and there is NO right or wrong here :-) We all just try

Jackets and the big 4 pattern companies are the pits!! They also have horrible sizing so good luck getting that altered.

Marebear
December 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
It's the end of my sewing day here and I have 1/2 of the quilt quilted. I had a few thread breaks, but all-in-all it went well. Now to finished the other 1/2 tomorrow and then I'll just have the binding to finish. yay!

Debbie MM
December 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
My plan is to finish the last two pair of sleep pants for my kids and help my niece with her Christmas gifts

DeniseSm
December 15th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Update: I got the binding on Patriotic Dreams. Here is a picture.63118

And I picked a backing fabric for my next quilt, Wind in the Willows, from my stash. Of course I didn't have enough of the one I really wanted to use, but the other one will also work (just not as well.)

Lonna
December 15th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Oh such busy Ladies! I did not get any sewing done today but tomorrow is another day. I did get a 4ft tree up and decorated in my bedroom. I wasn't going to put up a tree at all but in honor of Wayne wanting a tree this year I put it up. Just wish he was here to enjoy it with me. I really hope to get a quilt sandwiched tomorrow and start quilting it. But I do have to make a trip into town tomorrow. Have a great night Ladies.

Lisapc
December 15th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I slept a lot today and the only productive things I did had nothing to do with quilting except to decide the layout for a Christmas tree skirt. Maybe tomorrow it will go better for me.

Hulamoon
December 15th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I failed a bit today. I really had to clean the kitchen! And clean out the fridge. But I have all my supplies in order, and I'm going assembly line it in the morning :)

Wow Denise that is a lot of work! Very nice!

toggpine
December 15th, 2013, 02:00 AM
I have made progress on the pillow cases and the PJ pants are all cut out!
Back to it while listening to White Christmas on AMC!

kelliedi
December 15th, 2013, 02:06 AM
so far i have sewed together two baby receiving blankets, little bags that i have put a charm pack in for those in my quilting class, and worked on some paper piecing blocks for a QOV. they didn't turn out so hot but will try again in the morning after i finish the baby blankets. No real "quilting " done but projects all the same. The blankets are just the top sewed to flannel back as they are both spring/summer babies.

picking number 22.

Sew Perfect
December 15th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I've made some progress on the scarf. I managed to decorate to Christmas today too.

goofyizzy
December 15th, 2013, 02:33 AM
The escapee pattern is super cute, but I know that I will never get to it with all of the UFO's I have. So I will let someone else win. I am going to try to get a few more "click it" bags made for Christmas gifts. I am working all weekend, so if I can get three more done I'll be very happy with myself.

Lindagie
December 15th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Well, I didn't realize just how much trouble I can get myself into with the rag quilts. I decided that I didn't want the tops ragged, so I put a binding type thing on the tops of each of them, sewed all around each of them and added a bottom piece on one of them to make it a little bit longer. I still have to clip one entire quilt and the edges on the rest of them before I can wash and dry them. I may still do that tonight if I can find the clippers. Tomorrow I will sew the pillowcases and also sew 3 more scarves. I would do it now but I have to change threads and I am too lazy and my back hurts. I probably should just go to sleep while I can.

bonniebella
December 15th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Well it is just before my bedtime on Sunday. I didnt achieve as much as I hoped. We had a house guest so 3 hours missed in my sewing room. I needed to add some width to my quilt top, not sure what to do. I asked on the forum and was offered some suggestions, I love these forums, people are so helpful. I added another panel to one side of my quilt top, the orher side to do. Tomorrow is another day but also a work day, sigh.

HdWench
December 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Sunday Projects to keep us motiated!!

Projects to Motivate!

Pillowcases - Debbie, Tog, Lisa, Linda, Dawn

Crocheting - Misa

Quilts - Kgrammie, MomGram, Sherrie, Learner, Andrea, Iris, Denise, Sandy, Linda Rag Quo, Mary, Shirley, Teresa, Robyn, Cyndi, Mothrnatr1, Judy, Lonna, Kelli
Claire (I bet you were Beaming with smiles congratulations!)
Denise - WOW Bargello go go GO!

Table Runners - Andrea, Lisa, Ginny, Annette, Mommiepainter

Dreseden Pillow WOW - Amy! and Another pillow by ID Nanny yeah

Stockings - Kathie

Pot Holders - Dawn

Purses/Tote Bags - Myrna, Ginny, Cyndi

Dolls - Lorie

PJs - Tog, Debbie MM,

Christmas Tree Skirt - Lisa

Click Bags p Izzy

**AND Denise shared Connecting Threads.com Fall Batik's are on sale for $3.96/yard - WOW

Will be drawing numbers Monday so look for a P M and Let's keep Sewing

Yeah sleep for a while and se how i feels then again hope for some Sunday night sewing tine

:icon_woohoo: Let's Go Sew!!! Great work all!

bubba
December 15th, 2013, 06:14 PM
The only flash anything I am seeing is the flash flood warnings and the bolts of lightening thru the dark gray skies.....followed by LOUD thunder.......I really don't like thunder! I'd rather be in cold Washington sewing!!!! I want my mom!!! :icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff::i con_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff:

And my sewing room....and Matilda!!

Hulamoon
December 15th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Pat we had that here last night too! Oh my gosh it sounded like it was right over the house! it shook the house! My kitties were freaking out. Usually the electricity goes out, but I got lucky this time :)

Marebear
December 15th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I finished quilting the quilt for SIL - Yay!! My machine was behaving very well, no broken threads at all today. I have the binding ready to be put on. I'll get that done on Thursday, then washed and in the mail by Friday. It should be there by Christmas. I'll get a picture of it when it is all done. It is made with a batik layer cake (blueberry pie) Double-Slice pattern, and then I sashed each block with a purple/blue/wine colored batik.

I hope everyone is having a great sewing day :D

Iris Girl
December 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I didn't get a whole lot done between helping clean up after the 9 inches we got from the storm with 1/2 ice on top. then going food shopping and making homemade manicotti with garlic bread for dinner. But I did manage to get the last 4 blocks for the labyrinth walk quilt cut out. so I am now ready to sew. Being a morning person I do no sewing at night or it results in lots of ripping. So I will sew some before work tomorrow.

Granny Judy
December 15th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Sunday early evening.
Got one top put together and am just getting the border on the second top.. it's a small "boy" quilt and should go fast.

Crock pot is simmering- Crock Pot lasagna. Apple salad is made and dinner rolls are ready to pop in the oven. After a eating, I'll be cutting some sashing strips for another quilt of Orphan Blocks. Pictures will follow.

Andrea F
December 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I didnīt get much done but had at least three hours today to quilt. I pieced half of the the top of a quilt that I started months ago and that is going to be the back of a JRR quilt. I hope to get the quilt completed until christmas. I want to give it to my hubby.

buckeyequilter
December 15th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I got my sewing corner set up and finally started the quilting on the quilt for MIL

Lonna
December 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Well I had a change of plan but I did get five pillowcases done for tomorrow. I am going to met with my sister-in-law, mother-in-law, niece, along with Sue for a late breakfast. I am off tomorrow so I figured we could start our new Christmas tradition of a girls breakfast/lunch. So I made pillowcases for MIL, SIL, niece and two great nephews. I have a meeting to go to at noon for work. But maybe afterwards I can come home and work on that quilt. Have a great evening my friends. I am off to get this half of turkey out of the oven. Since we did not have the traditional Thanksgiving meal I am now fixing it but on a much smaller scale.

Kgrammiecaz
December 15th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Six hours of fmq and only one broken needle. Awesome. Did not finish the tshirt quilt, however its ready for binding.

Tonight I am going to sew the labels on my mom and dads quilts and mail them tomorrow.

I am done for tonight with sewing. Now to finish the laundry. Fun fun

easyquilts
December 15th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Well... Here it is Sunday evening, and I really didn 't get that much quilting done.... We had our family Christmas dinner at our house today... The girls did all the prep and cooking, but I still needed to clean.... The kitchen and dining foom needed mopping, and I mopped, rinsed and waxed the LR and hall....and of course the hall bath got a good scrub....

And... I had to clear the dining room of piles of flannel and bagging, which I am using for my small bereavement quilts... The room was a total wipeout!

I did work on some scrappy 4 patches,,,using Jenny's method, which I love... And I worked on a couple of small quiltd... I am hoping to do a little more work tonight, but am not counting on it... I 'm pretty tired.

I do love our Flash sew-ins.... They usually motivate me to actually get something done....

lighthouse
December 15th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I did not do so well sewing the last couple days. Every thing I touched turned to crap! I even had to rip out a potholder TWICE! Sooooo I gave up and reorganized my sewing room.

Hulamoon
December 15th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Here is my progress report on the dolls. I made stencils from the pattern onto comic cards, so I could just trace. I might do some more of them and it's way faster than pinning. For the body and tail I used some templet plastic so I could fussy cut the fabric. Just taking a break right now :)

HdWench
December 15th, 2013, 10:01 PM
:icon_wave: Sunday night :icon_hug: Be kind to us, tis the busy season in all our lives!

My heart was in the sewing room yet I was not! No guessing when a spasm will let go so I can sew (been since Dec 1st!!), but those pillowcases will still be waiting and I will get them done dagnabbit lol

Thank you all, I was motivated but the old body wasn't willing!! We all get so done usually, but tis the season of too much going on so if we you got anything done that is a GOOD thing!

I'll have the drawing Monday and announce the winners Yewhaw!! There will be several so if you get a PM from me you are in for a fun little project that will look Cute in your sewing area or as a gift for a sewing buddy!

Oh here is something for us (((Hugs))) 1 more weekend of Flash Sewing for 2013

;-Debbie

pcbatiks
December 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I forgot to jump on board at the beginning of the weekend.......but I did complete 3 pillowcases for stocking stuffers and have 2 more ready to sew!

bdmsmith
December 15th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Well, I got the pieces cutout to my mom's quilt so I can start sewing together tomorrow. I hoped to have more done but am happy that tomorrow I don't have to cut and can just sew, sew, sew.

HdWench
December 15th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Pam make sure you post a number from 1-100 I have several PDF's of the cute "tighten the tension" pattern to pick numbers and make gifts of :-)

Wondering if one of my cats could "chase" certain papers to help me draw? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Claire Hallman
December 15th, 2013, 10:23 PM
I did not get a whole lot accomplished today since I spent a fair amount of time un-sewing. I did get the blocks into rows on one of the Christmas quilts I am doing, it won't take long to get the rows put together but the borders are pieced and they are what is giving me trouble.
I guess I could go back to it but Downton Abby season 3 is on tonight and that is a must in our household.
There is tomorrow to do more work on it.

shermur
December 15th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I got one of the children's quilts finished and planned on starting a second until I tried to sandwich it and got thoroughly disappointed when the backing came up shy of being wide enough....UGH! Will have to do a little shoping tomorrow and franticly sandwich and start hand quilting tomorrow night!

HandsOffItsMine
December 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Didn't get anything sewing wise done but the artwork for the bookmarks and labels 'cause I'm in a big Fibro Flare. :( Luckily I only really have to do the 2 year olds blanket tomorrow morning, even if I have to do it in 15 minute session. It has to go out with the 11 pillowcases to The Mission with Don's mail drop off!

A prayer would be appreciated...

MomGram
December 15th, 2013, 11:38 PM
First prayers coming your way Ruby and Debbie . Hope you feel better soon. I feel good about my progress this weekend.
1quilt quilted
3 quilts bound and labeled
1 quilt attached borders and loaded on frame.

Nothing to do with quilting but the Cardiac Cardinals pulled out the win. Too close. Going to go work on binding another top. Will get pictures up when son gets home, quilts are to big for me to hold up. Hope everyone has a blessed week.

DeniseSm
December 16th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Wrapping it up for the night. I got the binding put on my bargello quilt yesterday. Today I cut up the pieces for the backing on my next bargello and got them all ironed. I will be piecing the backing together. Sketched out a tentative quilting plan, trying to plan where to stop and start and what direction to sew so I can stuff it all through the throat of my domestic sewing machine.

Fun to see how much progress everyone made.

mothrnatr1
December 16th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks for posting this! I got all my blocks finished for the swap that I am in. Yes! glad to have this off my plate. Speaking of plates - my other goal, I got them washed and fabric picked out. Will work on them tomorrow. I do not think I would have gotten this done it it wasn't for this push :)

ilive2craft2
December 16th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Pillowcases for Christmas presents are done - finished those yesterday morning. Today I have been working on some pillows for a co-worker out of her recently deceased father's shirts. Unfortunately for me, they were sweatshirts with zippers, not button down shirts. I re-learned how to use my serger today and how to put new needles in it - I broke needles several times. Did some "bolster" type pillows out of the sleeves. Still have 2 of those to hand sew shut, but I can't see straight anymore.They turned out ok and I know that she will love them.

I also worked in the kitchen today with my sis and dh. We made lots of pretzel things (round pretzel with almond bark and mini m&m's) and the rolo turtles (round pretzel, rolo and pecan half). Also made some cookies for an exchange at dh's work. Still need 2 doz more cookies for that.

Lindagie
December 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM
I had more clipping on my rag quilts than I thought, so it took almost the entire Rams/Saints game to get them all done. Now I need to get them washed and dried; maybe tomorrow. Darn, someone mentioned labels; guess I'll have to make some of those now. Hopefully I can pick up the two lap quilts from the quilter so i can get the bindings on.
I did get one more fur scarf finished. Still haven't changed thread colors on the machine, so will have to finish the other two and the pillowcases tomorrow as well. Still haven't cleaned the house either; oh well!

pcbatiks
December 16th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I forgot to jump on board at the beginning of the weekend.......but I did complete 3 pillowcases for stocking stuffers and have 2 more ready to sew!

Sorry Debbie.........forgot my number.........I'll pick 82.

Kateskloset
December 16th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Too many Christmas parties, duties at church, all I finished was my sunflower table mat. :(

Sew Perfect
December 16th, 2013, 01:31 AM
I got a good amount of the crocheting done on my ds scarf, but did not complete it yet. I'm doing a type of crocheting that seems to be time consuming, Tunisian. Since I am newer at chrocheting, I guess I'm slow.

On the bright side, I managed to get the Christmas tree up and decorated and the Christmas gifts wrapped. That's an accomplishment in itself.

goofyizzy
December 16th, 2013, 02:57 AM
I didn't get any sewing done. Ended up having guests over on Saturday night. Went on a holiday outing tonight with family. Hopefully I'll get some gifts made tomorrow on my day off. Gotta bake some cookies before sewing though.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 16th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Never committed to what I was going to do, but I made two Dickens cutaway coats and vest for my costuming job. They tured out really nice!

GuitarGramma
December 16th, 2013, 03:31 AM
I really enjoyed this, my first Flash Sewing weekend. It really kept me on task -- something that's normally difficult to accomplish.

I got the jacket taken in at the shoulders, back and sides. It's not as cute as I'd hoped, but I'll normally be behind a guitar when I'm wearing it. I made it to enhance my "church" wardrobe, so probably no one will notice much about it at all. It's the first time I've made myself a piece of clothing in years. I've just lost 30 pounds, so I had no idea how to size it. I traced the size 18 and it seemed way too small, so I re-traced the size 22. I'm happy to report that the size 22 was WAY too big. I had to be really creative to turn it into a wearable garment.

I then moved on to my Christmas placemats. I sandwiched the first one, sewed around the edge and turned it inside out. OOPS! The batting was now on the outside. Yikes! It took a precious hour to rip out the seam. So only one was completed, but I'm so glad that I didn't sew all eight the wrong way and have eight seams that needed to be ripped out.

Thanks for holding this Flash Sew.

shermur
December 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Well, I had goals to get two the children's quilt completed this weekend, but only one got done. I ran into complication with number 2. I'm feeling a little hopeless that I'll get done in time....

mommiepainter
December 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
One table runner done, one top to be sandwiched, and a fabric box to finish. Yeah.

Granny Judy
December 16th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Here's my week end's worth of sewing.. Thanks for the PUSH ... I still need to get that Pink one put together.. yikes!!

63182 Didn't get done...

63183Finished tops going to long-arm quilter today.. the two ends are what I got done over the week end.. the 2 middle were already to go..

63184 In progress and will quilt it myself.

toggpine
December 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I meant to post here before heading to bed, but only met Blondie in the hall at the daily thread before turning in!

8 flannel pillowcases done!
6 pair of PJ pants to the point of button holes for the drawstrings (still need hemming).
About 4 feet of binding hand sewn while watching the Seahawks game.

Not too bad!
Now to find a cup of coffee and figure out the buttonholer. You would think that I could remember how to use it after all of these years.
Nope. I still have to double check the directions to install the thing. Oh well! That is why we have instruction manuals right?

It sounds as if we all had a productive weekend no matter how we spent it!

HdWench
December 16th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Well my cats would NOT cooperate picking a number, so I used a Random # generator and .....

*Drum Roll* The winners are :

So I read back :-) and making sure this is who I came up with

#89 GuitarGramma
#64 MomGram
#55 LearnerQuilter
#47 Kgrammiecaz
#37 DeniseSm
#28 Annette
#1 Kathie B

YEAH!!! Please send me a PM (Private Message) with your read email address so I can email you this cute .PDF file - Probably most have Adobe to open it.

1 More Flash Weekend before Christmas Thank you everyone no matter what we got a lot accomplished and it keeps us motivated

:icon_wave: Thanks!

Hulamoon
December 17th, 2013, 02:04 AM
I got most of the pattern pieces cut out for the dolls and fabrics picked out for the bodies (mermaid). I layed down for a nap and woke to a really sore and stiff body. It was really strange. Took some Tylenol and it got better.

I got three more ornaments done and they are going off in the mail in the morning. Sort of late but I'm really happy with them. :)

GuitarGramma
December 17th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm so excited to find out that I won. And on my very first Flash Sewing, too!

Thanks, Debbie. I'll go send you that PM now!

Sew Perfect
December 17th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Well congratulations to all the winners! How exciting is that? Debbie, you are the best!