PDA

View Full Version : Country Quilting Book Giveaway

cyndiofthevortex
December 13th, 2013, 06:35 PM
This book is SO CUTE! I love the patterns Debbie Mumm has come up with this time. I have a book in perfect condition that I'd like to give away as a Christmas present to one of my forum friends here. It's much too late to start the Christmas projects in this book, but there's always next year!

I'll put all the names in a hat and draw one Sunday night. My question is, what do you put on the top of your tree? Angel or star or something completely different? Is it a family heirloom? Is it homemade? Tell me about it!

We have a simple homemade angel in a red velvet dress with long yarn hair and a sparkly silver halo, made by my sister 25 years ago. The kids have always taken turns putting her up when we decorate the tree. She was made with love and is very special to me.

bubba
December 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
At the top of our tree is a beautiful blonde haired angel, which is homemade, just not by me! She has a metallic blue dress and is absolutely lovely!! Of course, this year there is nothing at the top of our tree since we are in Hawaii and the tree is in Washington!!

Bubby
December 13th, 2013, 06:51 PM
We have a wildlife tree and we have a rusty metal star on top of our tree.

Annette Ackley
December 13th, 2013, 07:08 PM
On the top of our tree is a star, which my DH scroll sawed. He even put a light in it. Our tree is a little one this year.

Bailey65
December 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Oooohh...I love Debbie Mumm she does some nice Country looking things.

As for my tree topper- It's handmade by me and its a Snowman Angel Tree Topper

Doloris
December 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I already have that book and I love it. Made the bear quilt on the cover. The bears ears are loose on the quilt. So cute. No need to put my name in the hat.
We just finished decorating the tree today. On the top is a star that was our first tree topper in 1973.
Sometimes I will have a mickey mouse tree and then I have a Mickey tree topper for that.

sewbizzy
December 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
We have a handmade lace angel purchased about 40 years ago at a craft show on the top of our tree...she stays in my sewing all year round, too...

Iris Girl
December 13th, 2013, 08:10 PM
That is a cute book I have it, please don't put my name in the hat. when we did a large tree we had a beautiful lace angel on top , then we switched to a star. Now I do a tiny tree and there is a gingerbread man on top!!

buckeyequilter
December 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Please don't put me in the drawing since I won the drawing that Klasien had.

I just bought a new ornament for our tree top today. I wanted a vintage top...and I looked and looked last year and could not find one. We went to Amish country today and stopped in at Tis The Season (a year 'round Christmas shop)....and I found it! Reminds me of the one we had on our tree when I was kid.

caroloto
December 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM
We put a white lace angel on the top of the tree and have used the same one for years which was my grandparents.

Granny Judy
December 14th, 2013, 01:42 AM
We have a Star.. family tradition dictates that over any other Tree Topper.. to signify the Star that guided the 3 wise men to the Baby Jesus in the manger.

maxwellthecat
December 14th, 2013, 02:54 AM
I have a star that lights up so bright, sometimes I have it blinking, sometimes just lit.

Carol336
December 14th, 2013, 08:09 AM
We have several angles that I've collected over the years. This year we are graced with a beautiful angel with blonde hair and a flowing white dress. The whole tree is done in red and white ornaments, so she was perfect.

asta
December 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Sadly, we had a beautiful hand crocheted angel that I made almost 25 years ago-my Grandma crocheted the doilies-I discovered just yesterday she did not survive the move. Not sure what will go on top this year, will be shopping for a new top today.

shermur
December 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
We used to have a homemade Angel, but over the years the angel didn't look well to put on top of the tree. This year, there is a homemade wire ribbon burgundy bow at the top until I find the right tree topper!

snippet
December 14th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I've never been happy with my tree topper. It's been a star and now it's an angel.

Too bad this isn't a show and tell, I'd love to see y'alls toppers. I need ideas.

Monique
December 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hi Cindy. That is really nice of you to do this.

I have a small Santa and he is holding one light in his hand and that is what I put on top of the tree. I have a fibre optic Angel but she is too big for the tree.

dizzyLiz
December 14th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I have a Angel on my tree top. She has a white dress and yarn hair. My sister gave her to me the first Christmas I was married, 33 years ago

Lenie
December 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
We have a gold metal star, which has to be replaced.... well next year, maybe. I would love to win that book, Cindy. Thanks for doing this.

bhaggerty
December 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
We have a silver filagree star on the top of our tree, to remind us of the wise men who followed the star to find Baby Jesus.

Connie C
December 14th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I have always had angels to watch over the tree. This year I have one with a red dress. I think I'm going to look for one I can make for next year.

Sewflower
December 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I have a great big light up gingerbread man!

cyndiofthevortex
December 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Too bad this isn't a show and tell, I'd love to see y'alls toppers.
I feel the same way! Just trying to imagine all these tree toppers is fun - just think how great it would be to see them all!

Maybe another thread?

Ollie
December 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM
We moved from Maine to Florida 4 years ago. What a big difference at Christmas. Our 8 year old..now 13...was very upset and homesick. To try to put some Florida fun into our Christmas tree..we searched the beach for sea shells. We now, for the past 4 years, have decorated our Southern tree in sea shells, with a giant starfish as a topper. This has now become a tradition. Our daughter looks forward to this now. Merry Christmas from sunny Florida!

Lindagie
December 14th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I had a large bow with streamers on the big tree for the past few years. At the moment there is nothing at the top. I am looking for a little angel that was on the dining room tree; she has a burgundy dress on. If I can't find her, I will put the bow back on for this year and try to make a new angel for next year! Cindi, you are so nice to do this!

SuzyQue
December 15th, 2013, 03:08 AM
We have a lit up star from our first year of marriage that has always topped our tree.

RoseMA
December 15th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I have an angel in a flowing white gown with gold accents. She holds a candle and there are lights under the dress and highlighting the halo. I just fell in love with it when I found it so many years ago. When my daughter was old enough it became her thing to put the angle up when we decorated. I'm thinking of downsizing my tree and decorations since my children don't live close enough making a big tree kind of overkill, and will probably give it to her when I do.

CrazyMtnLady
December 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
The last time I put up a tree (a little 1 foot artificial one) I had a tiny little star on top. I really love Angel toppers the best though. I am hoping next year that I will be able to put up a tree and I want to make an Angel for the top.

bonniebella
December 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I have an Angel my now 34 yo DD made when she was in her first year of school. Just can't let it go.

Hulamoon
December 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mine is a sleepy bear that clips to the tree. Remember those little toys where you pinch the arms and they open. He is wearing red long johns and a long knit sleeping cap.

Learner quilter
December 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I have a fairy at the top of my Christmas tree. She must be 50. She was on our tree when I was a child, 20 years ago I made her a new dress and new wings. I hope my Daughter will take her and love her . Merry Christmas everyone . Christine x

cyndiofthevortex
December 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm going to pick a name in about an hour in case anyone else wants to put their name in the hat!

cyndiofthevortex
December 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM
sewbizzy wins! Congratulations, Carol! Your name was picked from the hat!

Merry Christmas!

sewbizzy
December 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Cyndi, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I am so excited to have won the book....you brought sunshine into my day...

Bailey65
December 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Woohoo Sewbizzy!