• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Another Winter Storm

Another winter storm is beginning its descent on us. Right now we are getting the freezing rain and a huge drop in the temperature. It's 24 degrees. Jeff just called to say he has to work a double shift today for snow removal.

I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and warm day. Please stay off the roads (if it's storming in your area) unless you absolutely must go out. Hugs, Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb
  • tdimitrov77
    The Guild President
    • Sep 2013

Re: Another Winter Storm

Poor Jeff! My DH had to work extra yesterday too...with 3 feet of snow already on the ground another foot fell yesterday...and he was still delivering packages...he didn't make it home until 8:30...and he didn't even get to deliver them all. Where he was delivering was out in the country where the houses are a long ways from the road....so he has to walk from the road to the house and back. For some reason FedEx only has rear wheel drive trucks....??? In our area you need 4x4 or front wheel drive at least.

Hope you get to sew today Barb....that's what I will be doing.....it makes me feel bad that I am nice and warm while he is out in the cruel wind freezing.
    :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

• EmmaB
      The Guild President
      • Mar 2013

Kudos to your men for working out in the inclement weather. I for one am very grateful for my inside office job.

Stay safe everyone
      Sharon

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Those delivery guys are our salvation, especially if you live in the country!

Comment

• grannyann
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2012

Hope all the drivers will be safe while clearing the roads and people will stay home so they can do their job.
          A thank you from Illinois because we are going to get it also.
          sigpic
          Hugs Ann

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2011

Please tell Jeff to be careful and safe, Barb. Same for anyone else who is out there on the road working or out and about.

We're having rain all day tomorrow with freezing temps supposedly. Did the groceries today and sure hope we don't have to go out tomorrow.
            sigpic

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2011

We have the freezing rain here too Barb. DH had left the window down on the truck just a wee bit so I went out to put it up and the truck had a coating of ice all over it. So did the driver's seat and part of the steering wheel.

It is now 32* here.

We are in the 2 to 4 inch snow forecast...
              Donna
              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• cindyinohio
                The Guild President
                • Jan 2013

No offense, but please keep it!! We have had two winter storm warnings in the last two weeks. So far we have lucked out with just a little ice and a couple inches of snow. We're really cold here right now and I know they are predicting snow tomorrow so it's probably headed our way....you guys get it first and then it heads to Ohio!
                sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

• Annette Ackley
                  The Guild President
                  • Mar 2012

Here in the Northern part of PA, we are suppose to get 8 inches of snow. So far, all the storms have missed us. I would rather have it cold, than get so much snow. Is it Spring yet???? lol

Comment

• Bailey65
                    Missouri Star
                    • Sep 2012

This storm is heading our way....yuck!! It's suppose to reach us Saturday night through Sunday afternoon 8- 14 inches of that lovely white stuff!! Oh well, it better than a tornado, or hurricane. At least it will be on the weekend and hopefully everyone will remain home for the day. i know I will be running errands tomorrow along with all the other crazies out there LOL!!

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

• IBake
                      The Guild President
                      • Feb 2013

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Just got back fro ND for my aunt's 90th birthday. The high of the week was 1 degree. Lowest was windchill of -48. Fresh!! The normal temp for teh week was -15 to -22. [FONT]
                      Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

• Genny
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2011

We're not supposed to get much here but it's coming down hard and it's a really wet snow. My husband and the rest of the crew will be called out at 30 in the morning. He likes going out early because there's little to no vehicles on the highways. Hope you are all safe and warm. Genny
                        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Working...
                        X