PDA

View Full Version : April weather

Blondie
April 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/LoveSpring.gif

Good Morning Ladies

The storms that rolled through Friday night and all day Saturday were quite intense. We came out of it all okay - lots and lots and lots of clean up. Sorry I didn't get in yesterday. Between church, family and etc I just didn't bother to turn on the pc. Now I see I have lots of reading to catch up on. May have to come back later on and finish reading.

Hubs is on Spring Break this week, our company is arriving and my house is not really ready. Neither am I. But time marches on. I haven't touched my sewing machine since last week, so I am behind in everything I had planned in my head.

Have a great day. Will try to check in later.

Loonwatcher
April 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Morning All,

Blondie, sometimes life goes on without sewing...haha. But when you come back to it you'll be that much more excited to get those projects out of your head and under the needle. Glad the storms didn't do any serious damage for you.

We had a dusting of snow again last night. I need it to warm up some so I can get out there and clean up the yard and gardens.

Bob should be coming home today, unless they change the plan yet again.

Have a great day everyone!

Blondie
April 18th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks Nancy
Still here trying to read but I have to run down to Mom's for yet another appt - this is for the eye doctor and once again the big city. If some appts were local I would let her go by herself but not to the city and not be alone period.

Those storms y'all heard about on the news are still making big news here in the state. They seemed to be all around us (tornadoes) but we just got lots of wind and rain. The one I would be concerned with is Craftysam (Saundra) as her area was hit harder than me I think SAUNDRA, ARE YOU OUT THERE OKAY?

We live rurally on acres and acres of wooded land. We are surrounded by huge oaks. They are ancient and drop their branches vicariously. Those trees are our biggest concern when we get this kind of weather. We didn't lose any power surprisingly. Generally anytime a bird lands on a power line, we lose it but wow, no loss.

I am still in shock over just how many states were affected by this storm. Didn't it head up north east your way?

bakermom
April 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
glad you came thru the storms OK.

MaryB
April 18th, 2011, 09:10 AM
So pleased you and yours are OK Blondie. We saw your horrific weather on our news this evening (Monday evening our time)
and I was quite concerned. We don't have tornadoes but there has been some horrible stuff weatherwise happening here in Oz as well. Floods, cyclones and in Western Australia, bushfires.

Here in the south of NSW we have been very, very lucky: good rains with no devastation, our dams are full, grass is green again after years of drought and sheep and cattle smiling halfway down their backs. Our granddaughter started attending an agricultural boarding school way west of here this year and on Open Day the principal said the school hasn't looked so healthy in years.

DH and I had our annual 'flu jabs today ready for the winter onslaught and the quilts are aired ready to snuggle. Even the cat has selected his favourite quilt and possie.

Hugs to all,

Mary B.

patticakes
April 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Good morning! Glad to hear you got through the storms okay. I was worried for you & your family Blondie with all the devastation they're showing on the news. Hope Saundra is okay too! Not sure if I've seen a post from her or not.
Cold, rain mixed with flurries on the agenda today. I need to run a few errands today to get some things together for my DGD So I can mail her a little Easter basket. Thinking of stitching some simple items to include. There are surely some cute things out on the many blogs I love to read.
Off to make more coffee!

NM Lady
April 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Good morning! Glad you came through the storms ok.

God bless and take care everyone!

debinmalaga
April 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Blondie, so glad you came through the storms, just sneaked online at work to see if any of you southern gals had checked in. Hope to hear from Saundra soon. The tv news was so scary, such devestation, your heart just goes out to the affected.

My short day at work today, done at 2:30, so maybe some yard work but most likely I'll sew and try to forget about the leaves waiting for me and my rake! Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

sally
April 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone.
My prayers are for those who are having these horrible storms. Right now it is SNOWING here. Crazy....
Should be hitting temps in the 60F ( 16 C) instead of 30 F (-1C) Managed to get some yard work done yesterday in between storms...rain, sleet, hail and a bit of sun. Everything yesterday.
I am off work this week...Yeah! Start my 2 day machine quilting class today. Very excited. Also this weekend my DH and I bought a new car...well if you can call a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook a new car. Got it from an elderly man who had it for 30 years... mostly original but with a new motor. 2 horns one regular and the other makes a whistleing sound. That my hubby loves...men...lol4684 This is close to what it looks like but more of a cranberry color. Thus I have named the car...Barry
Well must gather my supplies....still snowing YUCK!

janluna
April 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Glad and relieved to hear from you Blondie. I will pray for sam in hopes she fairs as well as you did.
I wish I was there and able to help you clean up. Clean up is better than no house left. Praying for all the others that did get hit hard. I'm hoping it didn't affect Laura as well. Although she says being on a mountain helps keep the storms at bay. Glad you are ok. That's a prayer answered. Hugs, Jan

janluna
April 18th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Nice car Shauna! My husband likes the old cars too. I bought him two 1953 Chevy's one time. He fixed them up and then sold them as we were moving to California. What a mistake that was. Took 3 years to get home. Hugs, Jan

craftyladysam
April 18th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone! We are all okay no damage to our house. We saw one coming and ran for the bathroom with a pillow for our heads and the two dogs. It missed us by two or three miles! Can't believe how many we had! Thanks go out to the radio and tv guys who kept us up to date and when to go for shelter! I went out and moved my car between the two houses hoping to save it from limbs flying and heard a roar. Told hubs that couldn't be thunder it didn't ever stop. That was the storm tearing up trees and houses! It is unreal here. So glad my family and all are safe! Thank you,Father, for watching over us and for my wonderful friends on MSQC. Saundra

patticakes
April 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oh Saundra what a scary close call! I am so grateful you and the family escaped the damage!! We sit out here in cyberland wondering how are quilty sisters are doing when we see things like this happening in their vicinity. I always think, how would we ever know if something happened to them??
Anyway, glad you are safe!

LanaMonteith
April 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Whew! Yes definately Thank you Father for watching out for our Carolina girls in the storms. So glad all of you have checked in. At least I hope thats all of you. I worry so much about the storms, they missed us by miles and I flet so lucky. Hopefully the rest of the season will be much gentler on all of us.

Loonwatcher
April 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
OMG Saundra. That must have been so scarey. So glad you and yoru family are ok.

janluna
April 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Glad you are ok Saundra. We were worried too. And Patti is right how would we know? Especially if we could help in some way. It's a scary thought. Hugs, Jan

middlesis1966
April 18th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Im glad to see that you gals made it thru the storms. I was so worried for you all.
Love Ya All
Paula

Blondie
April 18th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Ladies
Saundra, I am sooooooo glad you and hubs are okay. When I saw where the weather seemed to be the worst in the eastern, central south eastern part of NC, I knew we were pretty much okay. One part of our county always seems to get hit hard but thankfully, we just usually lose power. I am so saddened by all the horrific loss of life in our state and in the southeast. Let's hope the rest of the spring is quiet, boring and pretty.
I know you know that I had you guys covered in prayer.

Today was a spectacularly lovely day. Did nothing but run all day but was able to enjoy the lovely weather anyway. Still no sewing. I don't think I will be able to make the time this week. That's okay. I enjoy my garden as much as I enjoy sewing. I find weeding quite relaxing. Yep, I really do.