PDA

View Full Version : Shutting Down My Sewing Room

Auntpiggylpn
December 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Okay, I've got the blues! I had posted earlier about our upcoming move http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/29874-we-moving.html I am so excited about moving to our little piece of Heaven. We are making the move in steps because we don't have to be in Michigan until the middle of January (and it costs a fortune to have a professional moving company do it!) We are packing a large Budget Rental truck today and will make the 3 hour drive tomorrow to the new house. We have already taken a truckload up about 3 weeks ago. This time, I am packing up my sewing room and I am very sad. I'm not sure how I feel about all of my beautiful fabrics as well as everything else quilting related being that far away. I have one quilt I am working on to gift to our dog groomer. It is ready to be sandwiched, quilted and bound and I will keep everything I need to finish it here. I have my EPP hexies to work on. My sewing machine is staying here. I know that I'm not going to have time to start or work on anything else until we get completely moved but I just start getting anxious when I think about my stuff being so far away and not under my watchful eye.

Ok, ok, tell me I am being silly and everything will be okay!!!

Bubby
December 12th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I understand why it makes you feel uneasy. I would feel the same way. Maybe the time will fly by with you finishing the quilt for your groomer and packing the rest of the house. Keep your chin up and smile!! It sounds like you are making a happy move.

dwil23
December 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I understand completely. When I moved here my things had to go into storage. Most of what I had at the time was scrapbooking related and pictures/memorabilia and a few tubs of fabric. I hate that it is even a few miles from me. Soon, I hope to have us all back under one roof. I am spending today sorting and rearranging all the fabrics, etc I have accumulated since moving here. Boy, do I have a lot. Can't wait to put it all together with my other things. Soon. I hope.

Stay safe on your trip! And, know that the end of January is really not that far away and then you will be in your dream home. That is so exciting!!!

SallyO'Sews
December 12th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Enjoy the process and your new home!

alliek
December 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Wonderful time, all will be fine, be careful and enjoy your new home. Many Blessings!

GinnyKNC
December 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM
That would he hard, but just think what it will be like when you are all moved to your little piece of Heaven!

easyquilts
December 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
You are NOT being silly. Your fabrics and other quilty things are essential to your well being.... Even if you don't have time to quilt much, you need to know that your special things are nearby ... It 's vim forging, just to know they are there...just waiting for you.

You are lucky that you have quilty things to do while separated from your stash and tools.... And... Your sewing machine will be with you.

Don't worry.... You 'll get through this... Just think of the fun it will be to set up a new seeing room... You have lots to look forward go.

IBake
December 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
i am an AF wifed-retired now. BUT we moved 8 times in fifteen years....every time I saw my machine get in the moving truck I panicked, until I decided that it was a new adventure for the fabric and machine also. The got a new place to work, new fabrics to meet. What could be more esciting? So take a deep breath and think of it as a new adventure.....if the kids could do it, so could my fabric!

hang in there!