• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MayinJerset
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Oh Night Owls Where Art Thou?

Wearing yourselves out with holiday shopping and activities I bet.

Finished decorating our Christmas tree today and also shopped at Costco, even picked up 2 Christmas gifts while I was there. Our Costco has recently reorganized its layout and it took me a long time to find the milk as they bumped out a wall and created a whole new space for Dairy. I while not a big change but still a change in my every day life which leads me to tonight's question. Have there been any changes in our life this year, big, small, important or one like the one I just mention, a little change in our routine,

Putting on my Christmas Hat.mrs santa owl.jpg
  • MomGram
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2013

Re: Oh Night Owls Where Art Thou?

Yep in May my youngest moved out so just me and my sister. House seemed so quiet and too big for just us. Talked about down sizing after holidays. Then November rolled around and my oldest (19 yrs old) came for a visit from Cali well he has not left. Gets up goes to work at his local club and back here every night. Funny he lets me know when he is leaving and plans to be back. Takes out trash without being asked. He jumps up and carries stuff in or up the stairs. Not sure but think he was body snatched out in Cali. LOL
    sigpicAnita G.

Comment

• Cathy F
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

The only change that' s been made is in my shoulder due to a nasty fall Tuesday night. It got me awake again throbbing and making me not smile for a few more days I'm guessing.
      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• HdWench
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2012

Cathy so sorry about your shoulder *ugh* pain wears ya down!

Love how the body snatchers took your boy in California and turned him into a nice young man!! Wonder who we can send next? Glad he is being so helpful that's got to be nice and good thing you didn't downsize - now you've room

Let's see oh yes, last Christmas I got this new laptop with Windows 8 - Hated it so much I wouldn't open my package until about hmm February? Tried for 2 weeks before taking it to a computer store and making them take off Win 8 the worst change made! I'm too old to totally relearn a new computer system - XP was fine!!

Thanks May! I play either Canasta or Spades before coming on to *hoot* and my Spades game ran late - we were winning hahaha
        Love the Owl in the Santa hat, she is cute

I know they say change is good for people right? but who are "they" that says it's a good thing? hmm let's find them

Debbie
        Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Hi Night Owls! Change? Well, I am finally fully retired, so that is a big change. Gives me time to quilt and travel. I took 9 trips this year, and traveled over 21,000 miles in total! The other change was my oldest daughter moved away from St. louis, and we miss her terribly! But, life goes on.

Comment

• MomGram
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2013

Debbie I completely agree about windows 8. Hate it. I have a laptop I rarely touch do most everything I can on the iPad.
            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

• dwil23
              Missouri Star
              • May 2012

Changes this year? Well, My DS got a job (finally) on the east coast at Cape Canaveral. They were in Gainesville. So, we go a different direction to see them, but the distance is exactly the same. And, one of his co-workers told him about a quilt shop over there that is fabulous.

But, the big change this year is yet to come. I haven't said much for fear of jinxing it, but hopefully by New Years, I will hae some really good news.
              Donna

Comment

• Kelly F
                The Guild President
                • Jul 2013

Well, change for me was due to surgery September 2012. I was in a lot of pain and not very mobile. I had a full hysterectomy and they had to do it the old fashioned way instead of laparoscopically. It took about 10-12 weeks to get back to some semblance of normal because the surgeon nicked my bladder. I started quilting after that recovery and I have been ever since.

Normally, I am a huge gardener. But I rarely got out in my gardens this year. At first it bothered me. I was conflicted.. But I got over it. I am enjoying my time quilting so I think gardening will take a back seat for awhile.
                :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

• Quiltlover
                  The Guild President
                  • Dec 2011

So many changes this last year. Some I have not adjusted to yet. Lost my mom at 98 years old. Cared for grandsons for 2 months while DIL was in hospital with recurrence of breast cancer. Lots of sickness in my family this past year. Hopefully, next year will be better. DIL is doing remarkably well now, thankfully.

Comment

• dwil23
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Quiltlover View Post
                    So many changes this last year. Some I have not adjusted to yet. Lost my mom at 98 years old. Cared for grandsons for 2 months while DIL was in hospital with recurrence of breast cancer. Lots of sickness in my family this past year. Hopefully, next year will be better. DIL is doing remarkably well now, thankfully.
                    You did have a big change. Hope the New Year is much better for you and your family.

(((HUGS)))
                    Donna

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2011

My heart swells as I think of the huge change to our household this year. Little 2 year old Christopher joined our family as DD and DSIL's newest foster son. He has been here since April and is my pride and joy. He was abandoned by his mother and his father is in jail. Being homeless with his mother (when she was around to take care of him), he had never lived more than one month in one place. He is still here and his mother continues to only show up in his life once in a while, all the time professing that she wants him back. We've never had a child this long without keeping him forever as our adopted grandson.

As you can see, I love him with all my heart and want him to stay. He loves us and we love him. My heart will be broken if the state decides to send him back to a life of constant homelessness. I don't think they will. I fervently pray every day that they don't.

We are about to celebrate Christmas with him, and he is filled with wonder at all the lights and decorations. Before we put the lights on our tree but it was put up in its stand, he shouted, "Oh, no! It's broken! It's broken! Hurry, fix it, fix it!" He was calm again once we put the lights on and lit it up, all colorful, for our little Christopher.
                      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• Meli
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2011

Change? Me? Never! Well, ok, there was some! Injured my achilles tendon in April, Nephew moved in with us in July (for just a month. He's still with us). Surgery in July for aforementioned tendon. Forced move in October. Other than that...
                        If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2010

Does having ten people move into my home count for change?
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                            Does having ten people move into my home count for change?
                            OK, you win!

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                              Missouri Star
                              • Apr 2012

Oh my, this has been a year full of change! Like others, I got a Windows 8 computer. I, too, hate it, but I've learned to adjust. To some degree I had to, as I do Web Design and have to keep up with the latest technology.

Let's see, what else?
                              - Youngest child graduated from college
                              -Youngest and #2 got jobs in the Midwest and moved halfway across the country
                              - Became official empty nesters, not just school year empty nesters
                              - DD#2 moved out of our rental, so we had to become REAL landlords
                              - Lost new tenant, got to experience an unfilled vacancy
                              - Son-in-law graduated from med school in Midwest
                              - Briefly overcame my fear of heights to attend graduation by getting on an airplane for the first time in a decade
                              - Started a new business (anyone need a professional editor?)
                              - Spent a month with DD#3 taking care of DGS when new DGD was born
                              - Pastor changed TWICE at church

I think that's about it. I'm glad you started this thread, I think I've just written my annual Christmas letter! You all read it here first!
                              Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                              X