PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
December 11th, 2013, 07:24 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! That's right. The day I try to do everything I was putting off earlier in the week since work is tomorrow. I always amaze myself at how productive and fast I can move when needs be. Let's see, what shall I do first? Since eenie, meenie, minie, mo didn't work yesterday for me, I sat down and wrote out my list. I just can't remember where I put it. There must be a method in my madness somewhere. I reckon I can start by just following the trail of dog toys, and work my way up to dirty dishes and laundry. I am amazed at how much dirt two people can amass.

Someone give me a quick and lazy menu idea for dinner this evening. I am thinking Shepherds Pie or Chicken and Dumplings. Or something equally easy peasy. I am sick of my own cooking and my own recipes. I could've been Peg Bracken or Irma Bombeck back in the day. Does anyone know who I am speaking of? I cut my teeth on those gals.

Have a wonderful day folksies. Smile a lot but brush your teeth first. Oh wait, scratch that. Just smile. You can floss later.

MomGram
December 11th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Crockpot Apricot Chicken. 16oz jar of Wishbone Russian salad dressing. 18oz jar Smuckers Apricot preserve. 1 envelope of Onion soup mix. Mix these three together. Place four to six thawed chicken breast in crockpot. Pour mixture on top cover and slow cook on high 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Even my picky eaters love this.

EnumclawGramma
December 11th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Morning Blondie! My money's on Shepherds Pie, but here we call it Cottage Pie. Easy Peasey for sure! Although my go to for feel good make 'em all happy dinner is Chicken and Dumplins!

I had a no sleep night. Woke at midnight and dozed very little after that. I got up and started making a no sew ornament. Seemed like the thing to do. I turned on the Hallmark Channel and listened to a Christmas movie while I crafted. Insomnia and I are becoming good friends.

Got my cuppa thanks to hubs. It's warmed up here a bunch since yesterday which is making me happy since I do the drive to middle school with DGD. Yesterday was BAD. I don't need the stress!!

My machine needs to go in the shop, this is the worst possible time for that. I know I won't get it back till after the 1st of the year! Ugh.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all. Do as Blondie says and smile! Hugs, prayers and love all 'round!

Iris Girl
December 11th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Gonna be a crazy day I can tell. Morning all. Today is my fun day teaching class....but son was out the door to work at 4:10 am and back in at 4:20am because he can't get his doors open. Hubby out with him trying to get them thawed no good , so off i went to get him to work...got him there at 5:30 half hour late not bad. I'll be down at class in the next mall , he will get dropped off at my car and take it home and come back for me when class is over. Hate those kinds of last minute plans.

Momgram that recipe sounds great I think I may just try it on my family.

At least its going to be sunny today even if its cold. Its a perky 13 as wee speak now.
Have a great day all Hugs and healing wishes to all that need them.

Carol336
December 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Morning all, yum, that apricot chicken sounds divine....gotta give it a try,
Gonna try to get out and get some shopping done today - probably won't finish up, but might make the dent a little bigger - LOL

Thanks for the smiles, Blondie

Have a wonderful day everyone

aliaslaceygreen
December 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Good Morning! I don't recall (brain OVERLOAD) reminding everyone that Christmas Photo a Day has started! December 11, 2013 Christmas Photo A Day | More Notes From the Refrigerator Door (http://aliaslaceygreen.com/2013/12/11/december-11-2013-christmas-photo-a-day/)

That's the link. I am posting them on Pinterest too, and you can simply LIKE my FB page to get them or ask me to add you to an email list, or subscribe to the blog. Still have 2 weeks to go!

OMG ONLY TWO WEEKS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!! I am SO far behind I may be ahead for next year!!!
Yikes.

Hope everyone has a productive day!

Mpyles
December 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning all!

Big yaaaaaaawwwnn! I so did not want to get up!! DS has final at 7 am, so I promised I would make sure he was up....or staying in bed would of worked for a while longer!

Worked today, it's monthly p&l meeting today...should go well for me. Thank The Lord! Then I am off tomorrow. I need to get with my niece for her kids Christmas presents. Weather here has delayed that. I am sure she is anxious to get that off her plate. I did buy 5 gifts online for DH last night. Just have to pick up a new electric razor for him and he is done. Gonna try and do DS's today...most of his wants are cycling related and all online. Dd....ummm other than the dorm fridge...I guess I will get the boots, coat, and ice scraper she requested. Lol my mother loves gift certificates to local restaurants and movies...that way she can go out with friends or grandkids and it doesn't hurt her budget so much. So...sounding like I am about wrapped up right??

Blondie...I can't even figure out what's for dinner here?? It was sloppy joes last night.

Well...off for another fun filled adventure!! Everyone have a great day!!

Bubby
December 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff just left for work. He was so tired yesterday when he got home he went to bed early and didn't move all night. Even the Girls cooperated and slept in a little longer than usual this morning.

Yesterday I made some peanut clusters for Jeff. The crockpot version didn't work for me at all, so I used a recipe someone posted here earlier this week using the microwave. They turned out great and made Jeff smile his big smile. The recipe made just the right amount for now.

Today I have to do laundry, change the beds (ours and the Girls') and run the Dyson. I'm closing the sewing room down until January 1 after I get it organized and cleaned. I do this every year. It helps give a fresh focus and renewed interest.

I'm off to start my busy day...wishing everyone a great Wednesday. Will check in later when I need a break...

Sharyn J
December 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning. I'm up really early. Didn't sleep well.

Yes Blondie, I remember Erma Bombeck and I still giggle every time I go to a doctor. She once said, "Never visit a doctor whose office plants are dead."

I can't believe I'm in this rush crunch to finish Christmas sewing. I started in August. I should be done. The snowman quilt MUST get done today! I'm seriously hoping that the cleaning fairy will show up today. She's been unreliable lately.

Crock pot sounds good today. It's very cold.....14F and nasty wind chill. Good day to sew and forget about chores. Hope you all have a great day.

MayinJerset
December 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Crockpot Apricot Chicken. 16oz jar of Wishbone Russian salad dressing. 18oz jar Smuckers Apricot preserve. 1 envelope of Onion soup mix. Mix these three together. Place four to six thawed chicken breast in crockpot. Pour mixture on top cover and slow cook on high 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Even my picky eaters love this.

Never made this in a crock pot but it is a good idea. Recipe I had was for the same sauce poured over chicken and baked in the oven. A nice sweet BBQ chicken dish. Comes out best with skin on the chicken but nowadays that's a No No.

Mary, I so agree with your mom about loving gift cert. to restaurants and movies, DH and I love getting them. I keep a basket of them on the kitchen counter along with restaurant coupons and we get to eat free at our favorite and something new restaurants.

29 degrees this morning and only 30 expected this afternoon so I may spend the day indoors. DS and DH were off early this morning to close on DS's new house and I was going shopping but the drive way has a sheet of ice so unless the sun melts it here I stay. Will finish decorating the tree and get the boxes, etc. put away.

Keep warm and drive safe everyone. Hugs, May

Cathy F
December 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Morning all,

Blondie I loved reading Erma Bombwck columns!

Didn'T sleep well at all l last night. I ended a really nice evening by taking a nasty fall. I was a guest at a Christmas party,had a great time, the gal who invited me won a large cookie jar in the auction they had and when it came time to leave had this large box to carry among other things, soooo they said you can use the side exit of the catering hall since it's closer to the back parking lot. Off we go, I go first to get the door for her, open it and there is no lights on there, step out of the door and there is also no step leading out that door just a 2 foot drop, and down I go! Luckily I had a heavy winter co at on, but I did pull a muscle or something in my groin that's not very comfortable and made for poor sleeping last night. On the funnier side I was carrying a poinsettia, and ceramic gift I received and they came through it without a scratch! Not a good time to be slowed down limping around with still so much told do, but at least no ankle was broken!
Well! Off to hobble through my day and see if I can navigate the stairs to the sewing room.

Carol336
December 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Yesterday I made some peanut clusters for Jeff. The crockpot version didn't work for me at all, so I used a recipe someone posted here earlier this week using the microwave. They turned out great and made Jeff smile his big smile. The recipe made just the right amount for now.

That sounds yummy Bubby. I tried to find the microwave recipe but had no luck. Can you share it please.

Lisapc
December 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Well, I am glad that I am not the only one who is sick of my own recipes. My Lil' Guy requests a lot of dinners and in the past few day his requests have been simple, pot roast, garlic chicken and with the crispy skin baked in the oven and can I put it in the oven before he comes home from school? Tonight? Not a clue. Probably some Lite polska kabalsa with onions and mushrooms with mashed potatoes and green beans and toasted brown bread

I have Peter's car today and he is finally picking up mine. I have been stuck without a care for almost 2 weeks now. So being a half day I will pick up my Lil' Guy, take him to lunch, clothes shopping because he had the nerve to grow again and then try to do a little Christmas shopping while I am at it.

My prayers to all of you and yours today! Stay warm if you can!

MRoy
December 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who didn't sleep good last night...been up since 2:30! Blondie, I vote for chicken and dumplings, I love it! I think a nap will be needed before long.

Sandy Navas
December 11th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Ain't nuttin' in the world like . . . chick'n'dumplings! YUM!! I make the BEST dumplings!

My go-to quickie dinner? Bubble and Squeak. YEAH!! My own version is quite often varied, but basically fried cabbage, with onion and Polish Kielbasa. I often add a diced potato, season with salt and pepper, and a generous dash of Worcestershire sauce. Not the traditional British version, but . . . Hey, it's GOOD! Also a good way to use up those little bits and pieces - celery, green pepper, etc.

I have to get out this morning and make a PO run. Then it's home to try to finish a special sewing project before the end of the day. Rita, bless her heart, managed to finish the very last of all her planned gifts yesterday. She was kinda sad though, "Nana, does this mean that I can't have any more sewing days with you?" I had to reassure her that she could sew with me but probably not until after the first of the year.

The snow is gradually melting so the girls have found that mud sliding is pretty fun, too. I'm glad I am not in charge of the laundry patrol here!!

May you all have a wonderful day filled with what you need most - and hopefully that includes rest and relaxation, good health and healing, and some way to get that speck off your front teeth:

Precious1
December 11th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Good morning everyone. I have to laugh when I see reports of the weather being 13F or even 0*. Sorry not to be mean, it's a frigid -32* this morning with the expectation of warming up to -25* later today. I have errands to run and thinking VERY hard about leaving the house. It's so cold, the hair in your nostrils freeze and your eyelashes freeze together, lol. But it's a beautiful day. I love to see how the sun glistens agains the snow making it look like diamonds. I love to see how the atmosphere glistens when the sun reflects upon it or to see the trees white, post card pictures.

Hoping everyone has a very Merry Christmas. My thoughts and prayers for all who need. And like Blondie says, keep on smiling.

CrazyMtnLady
December 11th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Good morning everyone. Another cold one here 12* when I woke up at 5 but it is up to a whopping 22* now. The trees are so beautiful all covered in frost and the sun shining through them. It might be cold but it sure is pretty.

I have been sneezing my head off all morning. Hope it is not a sign of a cold coming on.

I had a lazy day yesterday and didn't get my Eggnog Cookie dough made. Maybe today. But I think we might have to go to town..Maybe I'll let DH go by himself. I really don't want to get out of my comfy sweats and get dressed. LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
December 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Good morning...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I'm freezing!!!! It's snowing here and I had to go get some gifts certificates that the company is giving to the employees....the main roads are good...the side streets..uggggh!! Maybe it will quit, at least until after I get home today.

We put the tree up last night and it is still naked. No lights, ornaments, nothing. I guess we'll at least try to get the lights on it tonight...gonna be till Christmas getting this thing decorated. Oh and I hung a wooden sled on the wall....yeah for my decorating! I guess I need to get into the Christmas spirits....I can see the drunken Christmas tree decorating now. I have a little more Christmas shopping to do and a gift to finish up.

I hope Jim gets off work early today so he can make something good for dinner....like spaghetti :)

Need to get back to work. Have a great day! Prayers and hugs

alliek
December 11th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Blondie, I'm old, so I remember Irma Bombeck well. Loved reading her columns . I think,somewhere, I may even have cut a few out. She was hilarious but also very wise at times and was a loving person. Thanks for bringing back a good memory! Hope mom is doing OK. Have a lovely day.

KathieB
December 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Good morning everyone! Most of you have the frigid weather we're expecting the next few days. We have to pick up our fur baby, Ruby, at the pet hospital this afternoon. She had surgery on Monday and a piece of GGS toy and chewed up towel were found in her tummy.

Still need to go to the bank, post office, wrap gifts, buy gift certificates AND sew. One of our Christmas' is this Sunday, so cleaning is on the list for the end of the week. Of course, it's supposed to snow Saturday evening into Sunday!

Have to run, but sending prayers for everyone. Have a good day.

Claire Hallman
December 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Great day today, our sun is shining and it might hit 50*. We need to install the cat door to the basement door in the hopes that the cat will enjoy access to the outside when we are gone two weeks of next month. This will save our neighbor some trouble letting him in and out. We are his doormen and he will miss that, I'm sure.:D
I didn't know sausage and cabbage was bubble and squeek. That is a regular around here.
I made some Thai curry chicken with a Cambell's sauce package this week and it was really good, leftovers tonight.
I do plan to doing some fabric basket FMQ like a whirling dervish later today. I am not sure why I cut out so many. They are turned and ready for the quilting so today is the day.

WendyI
December 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Well hey y'all! Been a while since I posted in the daily Blondie smile and as usual I'm late getting here but better late than never!

It's snowing here, work is insane (I have two minutes to type this then I'm off to two meetings!), and there is NO worry about not having a white Xmas this year I'm sure!! Missing being in here so will try and get caught up!! (((((HUGS)))))) to everyone who needs them!!

Oh and Claire, pfffft to your 50 degrees!! It's minus 18 here! I just bought a cat door for my kitties too....but this one is activated by the microchip in your cat (assuming you have one, if not they're pretty cheap now). It's very cool and that way no other critters can come in (racoons, squirrels, rats, etc.). Only the cats that are chipped! Still working on training my kitties but so far so good! PM me if you'd like more info!

Have a fantabulous day everyone!! xox