PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy quilter!

Kateskloset
December 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Just spoke to MSQ customer service.....my very first order from MSQ placed Dec 3rd hasn't even been pulled to ship. They have had so much business that they are that behind! I hope this is not a continuing problem. I don't like to order online because when I want something...I want it! Not happy!
:icon_mad:

Suzette
December 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Sorry this has upset you. We are a nation that thrives on instant gratification, aren't we?? :icon_whistle:

But I have ordered many, many times from MSQC, and though I have also had to wait a bit sometimes for my fabrics to arrive, I am always thrilled with my purchases and absolutely love their customer service, their prices and their merchandise. So a bit of patience will pay off once your items arrive. They are doing their best, I am sure of that. :icon_bigsmile:

asta
December 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I have ordered often and never had to wait more than a few days for the delivery, they are awesome, however I placed an order on Dec. 1 and just got the notice today that it has shipped. They are a very busy place lately, black Friday, cyber Monday and all. As anxious as I am to get my order I completely understand the ever so slight delay.

Kateskloset
December 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I spoke to them and they explained the problem, overwhelmed with orders......however, A little email explaining things would have been better than keeping me chasing the mail. I actually re-ordered again today. Taking advantage of the daily deals. I guess I will have my goodies for the Christmas holidays.

GrammaBabs
December 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
with success comes a longer processing time.. especially with a family business,, I think they are staffed as well as they can afford and still be profitable,, lots of family there.. I for one choose to shop with them for that reason,,, just because Amazon and a few other big retailers promise fast service, doesn't mean all can do it... I never order anything mail order like you, unless i'm sure I have plenty of time.. just me I guess

easyquilts
December 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
What Suzette said....

Kateskloset
December 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Ladies,I am not as mad as it sounds like I am..LOL. Just whining about a new toy that I am anxiously waiting for. I have fabric waiting to be cut with my new toy and I am ready to get started. It seems like with that much business...they would run out of stuff....I wonder if there are many backorders? I am happy that they are so successful. I like family businesses.... I don't shop Wal-Mart. And I will continue to order from them, however, like I said I hope they read these (I am not the only one who has posted about this) they should have sent out some kind of email letting us know that there was a backlog. We will all understand.

kensington
December 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
seems like with that much business...they would run out of stuff....I wonder if there are many backorders?

It depends, there can be. It's a fast growing family business and they work hard. They have two trucks from the PO come by every day and are filled to the brim with orders going out.

They do run out of some thing... they sell out. But, then again... they are a family business in a very small town, they take the time to get to know you, make your experience personal, They are expanding and growing in all directions and trying to keep up with the demand, they will catch up to it... The best experience is to go to the shop and stroll around, visiting, seeing all the stuff and getting to know them too. I hope you can enjoy that someday. It makes the wait a bit better.

Kateskloset
December 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Oh, I cannot wait to actually go there.

DCM
December 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
If they took the time to email everyone updates about orders when they're already overwhelmed I'm afraid they would find themselves even more overwhelmed. I'll bet they will be glad to have a day or two off for Christmas!

Kgrammiecaz
December 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Online ordering does leave us without instant gratification. But I love ordering from Missouri Star. Never an issue with my orders and when something was not available they checked with me via a phone call (how wonderful is that). And every order has a little note. I think thats why it is so easy to have patience waiting on the delivery

Jean Sewing Machine
December 9th, 2013, 10:41 PM
It depends, there can be. It's a fast growing family business and they work hard. They have two trucks from the PO come by every day and are filled to the brim with orders going out.

They do run out of some thing... they sell out. But, then again... they are a family business in a very small town, they take the time to get to know you, make your experience personal, They are expanding and growing in all directions and trying to keep up with the demand, they will catch up to it... The best experience is to go to the shop and stroll around, visiting, seeing all the stuff and getting to know them too. I hope you can enjoy that someday. It makes the wait a bit better.they posted on their FB page today apologizing for the delay from huge orders on Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

Pamela R.
December 9th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I started a post in another thread about not having an update on my order from Dec 2. I just wanna say, I totally understand about M* being a small town family owned business, and if it takes a bit longer...okay I'm good with that. I am extremely happy to know that such a great business is doing so well!!! If having to wait a bit ensures MSQC will be around for all of us to enjoy and learn from, I'll wait. Take your time, I'll wait my turn. Need some help? Can I have a job filling orders when I retire and move back to Missouri?? LOL

Kateskloset
December 9th, 2013, 11:00 PM
YAYYYYY!!! I got an email saying that my order has shipped! Now to wait for my second order!

Lisapc
December 9th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Just want to add one thing here about running out of stuff. I have placed over 2 dozen orders? I think it is at least that many in the past 12 months and only one time did 1 item I order end up out of stock after I ordered it. They really are on the ball about keeping the quilt shop site updated.

auntiemern
December 10th, 2013, 01:37 AM
LOL!!!! Jean orders that much in a month. JS
Just want to add one thing here about running out of stuff. I have placed over 2 dozen orders? I think it is at least that many in the past 12 months and only one time did 1 item I order end up out of stock after I ordered it. They really are on the ball about keeping the quilt shop site updated.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 10th, 2013, 02:27 AM
LOL!!!! Jean orders that much in a month. JS
Hey, I've cut back!

shermur
December 10th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Hey, I've cut back!

Jean - I would consider it an honor just to view you fabric trash, sweetie!!!!!

HdWench
December 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Love that we are happy helping this wonderful, small family owned business grow - yes that comes with growing pains and I sure get I want my order SOON! But in the meantime you can plan the quilt, cut the binding or other things? I had to allow a longer time when ordering now, but love Love when the package comes with a cute handwritten note :-) Some things are worth waiting for and so glad you got notice your 1st order is coming Yeah!!!

Not saying how much I order from them, nope.... I'm on a Fabric diet, so only 4 packages have come in this month but hey it's only the 10th :icon_heh: fabric Diet and me, no way

:-Debbie

madampolo
December 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I wonder the order that they are filling them. I ordered something I forget just when, but it's here already. I am sure it was after the 3rd. I do have another order in that hasn't been filled, but I'm not in a hurry. I have no problem waiting. I congratulate them on their success.

mommadeb
December 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
They are really good at shipping quickly. I live overseas and from the time I order until I get it is about 10 days.

buckeyequilter
December 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Am I the only one that can't use up my stuff before I get more LOL. I need to quit ordering and shopping and start sewing and quilting!

I really do need to get it together next year and get the projects done that I have ordered the fabric for. Off the top of my head....here are some projects that are waiting. American Flag, Ellie Ann stuff for bedroom, Irish Chain quilt, Falling Charms quilt and I don't know what else is under my cutting table...afraid to look.

redcaboose1717
December 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
While I haven't yet ordered from MSQC.....I was going to, however, my Credit Card broke in half, and had to order another one. I inquired about PayPal too,and because I don't order too much from PayPal, it is going to take 2-3 days for my account with PayPal to become solvent for me to order. ( they put a couple of pennies in your account to make sure the account is valid etc. )

So, no matter what, I am going to have to WAIT for my order !!! While I am not happy about this, it's my own fault.

My parents owned several small businesses as I was growing up, so I really want to patronize small businesses whenever I can. IF we here in the USA don't continue to do this, these huge stores are going to take over some day and we won't have wonderful shops like MSCQ any more.

I agree that we are people who want instant gratification nowadays....we don't like to wait for anything. I thought about going out to Jo-Ann's to get the items I wanted, but my DH complained about the gasoline I would use to go, that it would cost me more than the $5.00 shipping MSQC has. While I guess he can complain a little bit about the cost of gas I probably won't go to Jo-Ann's even though I have thought about it. After all, trading with MSQC is a far better solution.

pJaylene
December 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I ordered on December 4th and emailed them on Monday the 9th to be told that it would be next week before they ship. I'm too am "not a happy quilter" since they charged my credit card on the 4th!!! A successful business should anticipate busy times and hire people to carry them through!! They are really relying on people's good will when their focus should be prompt and reliable service. Waiting two weeks for an order to ship is unacceptable!!!!

SiobhanF
December 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I ordered on December 4th and emailed them on Monday the 9th to be told that it would be next week before they ship. I'm too am "not a happy quilter" since they charged my credit card on the 4th!!! A successful business should anticipate busy times and hire people to carry them through!! They are really relying on people's good will when their focus should be prompt and reliable service. Waiting two weeks for an order to ship is unacceptable!!!!

I ordered on Dec. 3, and got my shipping notice today. Hopefully you'll get your today or tomorrow. They are a family based business, and if they're expanding faster than their business model, they're at least learning what they'll need to do next time...

pJaylene
December 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I did get my notice that shipment took place today and I am very happy about that. I really enjoy the tutorials and wish them every success. I do hope they will will learn from this situation.