PDA

View Full Version : Flash Sewing 12/06-12/08

MomGram
December 7th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Hi, anyone sewing tonight? This weekend will still have me waist deep in binding. I have six ready for binding. Two tops ready to long arm and four tops that need boarders. Sunday will only be a partial day of sewing as my son is taking me to the Cardinal football game. What is everyone working on?

Lisapc
December 7th, 2013, 02:59 AM
I made 2 Jelly Roll race tops for my in laws that I want to quilt and bind. I am sure I will get at least one of them done but hope to have them both ready to ship by Wednesday. So I am definitely in!

ilive2craft2
December 7th, 2013, 03:07 AM
I am in! I worked on pillowcases tonight. Got several cut out and pinned. Also want to try sleep pants for the kids. Need to quilt the table runners I made last year.

Hubby wants to put the Christmas trees up, so that will cut into my sewing time, but will be fun! :)

Lindagie
December 7th, 2013, 03:31 AM
I finally got one lap quilt to the quilter today. I plan to finish the rag quilts completely this weekend, put the final border on the other lap quilt so I can get it to the quilter early next week and make four scarves for gifts. I also have to clean this place and put up my tree.

toggpine
December 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM
I'm in. I MUST get some sewing done. I came in to check a few things on the 'puter and I'm back to tucking the last of of my SSS gifties in the box.

I have flannel pillow cases & pants to make. I also have a twin quilt to finish piecing and quilting for the grandson!

Somewhere in there, I have a house to clean before the in-laws arrive, go to work, and baking to get done!

No sleep for me! Well, back to it!

Hulamoon
December 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I'm in. I did a couple of Christmas ornaments on my embroidery machine this morning. I'm going to a 1st B'day party tomorrow (sat) It's overnight at a beach house. If you remember me mentioning my stepson and him inviting 400 people.:icon_crazy: Only family is staying at the house. I'm sure there will be a few passed out on the grass when we all get up. lol

Sunday and Monday for sure:)

Iris Girl
December 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I'm in will try and finish up a few things , quilt I am working on labyru=inth walk need to do a few more blocks, some baby quilts to send to Sue, and start a couple for marilyn, also working on a stuffed piggie.

buckeyequilter
December 7th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I worked on my sister's quilt last night and am going to put it away for today. I need to make a couple of charm square bags.

shermur
December 7th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I'll try...I need to sandwich two of the kids' quilt tops for Christmas gifts...they have to be mailed out to far distances. I also still have the dreaded DP9 that needs to be pieced and I have started to cut out pieces for my DH's quilt. I also found a block on Craftsy called Spring Blooms that I'd like to get cut out, too! Overwhelming myself again? Maybe!

asta
December 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I finished my puppy dog quilt (finally) yesterday and today must convince my husband to bring me out to JoAnn's to pick up border,binding and backing fabric for my black/white quilt can't wait to finish this then one more ufo, I so want to start a new project soon.

DeniseSm
December 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm in. I am committing to 6 hours of quality quilting time this weekend. I am still working on quilting my Patriotic Dreams bargello quilt. Another 6 hours should get me to about 85% done. No puckers on the back so far. Yeah.

Time to go sew.

Claire Hallman
December 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I plan to sew a lot this afternoon, or un-sew perhaps. I have made a Market square pattern and am not happy with some of the blocks. They have 2" HST that I did not square up and I am going to take them apart, square them up and re-do the blocks. Lucky there are just 9 of them.
Since I got some encouragement about not using interfacing on the child's dress, I may whip those up today, too. Then on to the fabric boxes. I may do that all before working on the reverse stitching as that can be done in front of the TV.
Oh yes, that is after embroidery bee this morning, will get to see a friends new sewing studio this morning, yippee.

starlover
December 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I won't be able to do much this weekend. Too many Christmas things to take care of. I did finish the binding on a quilt yesterday, yay! Still need to do the label, but since the backing is dark pink and the label is light, I want to wash it with color catchers one time before adding the label.
Also need to start free motion quilting one that I just sandwiched, but it may have to wait until the evenings this week.

Kateskloset
December 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
It's brrr cold here in south Louisiana! So I will stare at my stash today and try to start something...because I am comfy and warm in my sweats and slipper socks today and today I am going to sew! Plus I have a few Pokeno gifts to get done. They are zipper wristlets in my embroidery machine.

Lonna
December 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I'm in! I need a little sewing room time. I will finish a Christmas tree skirt all that is left is to put on the binding. Then I have two quilts to sandwich and hope to get one of them quilted and done. One is for my sister in law and the other for a neice. Would love to get these two done. I still have a couple of Christmas things I would like to finish up but don't know if that will happen in time for Christmas or not. They were for myself so if not finished that is not a bad thing. Good luck Ladies getting these projects done.

MomGram
December 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Stayed up late last night and got the two tops long armed. Working on boarders today for a couple more tops.

bdmsmith
December 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I'm starting on my mom's quilt for Christmas. I started cutting yesterday and I have a lot more to cut out which I will hopefully have done this weekend so I can start sewing it by Monday.

KathyCrofoot
December 7th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'm finishing quilting a QOV for a client's son, and finishing cutting Celtic Solstice Part 2. My most-used machine was in the shop all week, this is the one I use to FMQ. It's back in its table now, so I can get back to quilting - as soon as I clear the crap from my table. :)

KathieB
December 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'm in, if there's no interruptions! I had planned on sewing all day yesterday but our dog was sick. Had to be at the vet at 9:00 and pickup at 5:00 and back again today at 8 for five hours. Plus unscheduled baby sitting for GGSs yesterday for 11 hours. Then again, that's how life has been for the past month or so!

Our Christmas is a week from tomorrow with my two oldest girls and their families. Must have the eight Christmas stockings completed by then. Also wrapping secret Pal's gifts and hopfully cut out the baby quilt.

Happy sewing!

buckeyequilter
December 7th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I'm working on 3 of the charm pack totes for Christmas gifts.....nice way to practice my quilting. All the bags are different and have different quilting on them. I hope to finish them up tomorrow and then quilt a lap quilt for my MIL.

MomGram
December 8th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Someone is enjoying my work today. I put the boarders on this king size black and white falling charm quilt. Pressed the backing and loaded it on the long arm. Going to try and boarder one more quilt before bed. 62633

PeggyM
December 8th, 2013, 12:32 AM
He thinks it's his mommy. It's beautiful!

Marebear
December 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
MomGram - your quilt top is beautiful - and kitty matches it :D

I didn't sew much yesterday, but today I hope to finish a quilt top (need to add borders) and I hope to get it sandwiched too. Then perhaps start on a new quilt. I have been taking a Craftsy class and I think I'll make one of the quilts from the class. It is called Piece of Cake 2 and used a layer cake and yardage. It looks quick and simple.

Grama Debbie
December 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I'm in! Two wall hangings quilted and ready to bind, casserole carrier for my daughter cut out and ready to put together, hopefully all three will be done today and I will be ready for Christmas. That is, after I wrap the gifts and do the baking. Sigh!

SiobhanF
December 8th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Had my last embroidery class of the year yesterday, then stitched wonky star blocks together. Hope to put a scrappy piano key border on it today, but I have to get the grocery shopping done, and we have family coming over... I'm renting a long-arm next Saturday, so I'll definitely have it done before then!

goofyizzy
December 8th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I am in. Didn't have time to sew yesterday. We had some friends over for board game night and a potluck. My honey surprised me with a birthday cake and a new Kindle Fire HDX. We've got plans again today, but I am going to spend at least a little time tacking down the binding on the granny squares quilt I've been working on for ages. I also want to at least cut and iron some fabric to make a few "click it" bags for gifts.

HandsOffItsMine
December 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Sewed up 3 girl tween/teen pillowcases for a cash donation, need a total of 5. Had to fight the crowd's at Joann's yesterday to get some boy tween/teen fabric for finish this off. Of course I get the sweet old lady after waiting my turn of 14 ahead when I pulled my number. Sweet but slow!!! OMG, Don and I were peppy but I so wanted to jump the counter and cut my own. lol Plus the POS scanners were down and they had to hand-write each cut. Luckily two of the 3 cutters were still smiling.

This morning I finished the 2 boys. Need to take photos and post in FB. :)

Don just made lunch, chili omelets with toast. Was wonderful and now time to head back to the sewing loft to make some more SBBs.

I do need to finish my tree, had to get some small hooks for the bulbs that can't be ribboned.

Have fun all and be safe, this weather is crazy!

Iris Girl
December 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Well I did manage to get a few things done. I finished 2 quilts for Sue's group, ! for Marilyns's group. I also got a top for each done ready to sandwich and quilt. and started another not sure which group it will go to. Also finished The 5th of block A on my labyrinth walk quilt.And found one last adorable gift to put in the girls Christmas bags for class weds. So I guess I done good with spurts of sewing in between everything else. No day off til next sunday and then it will be food shopping and laundry.

Claire Hallman
December 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM
All I got done are the blocks I took apart last night, they are put back together after trimming, squaring and sewing each seam twice. It seems I was doing a scant seam when a true seam was needed. Now it is back on the design wall and i think it will go together well one of these days.:0 I have yet to do the pieced border.
I need to get back to the two dresses and the multitude of fabric boxes I have cut out. Maybe tomorrow.

HandsOffItsMine
December 8th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I'm done for today, my left shoulder blade is killing me. :(

Did finish two Full-Term SSBs for Sue's group, they'll go into the mail tomorrow and completed 10 Pillowcases. Didn't get to any gifts but hopefully with some rest tonight, I can start sewing again tomorrow.

Night all...

Jean Sewing Machine
December 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Sewed up 3 girl tween/teen pillowcases for a cash donation, need a total of 5. Had to fight the crowd's at Joann's yesterday to get some boy tween/teen fabric for finish this off. Of course I get the sweet old lady after waiting my turn of 14 ahead when I pulled my number. Sweet but slow!!! OMG, Don and I were peppy but I so wanted to jump the counter and cut my own. lol Plus the POS scanners were down and they had to hand-write each cut. Luckily two of the 3 cutters were still smiling.

This morning I finished the 2 boys. Need to take photos and post in FB. :)

Don just made lunch, chili omelets with toast. Was wonderful and now time to head back to the sewing loft to make some more SBBs.

I do need to finish my tree, had to get some small hooks for the bulbs that can't be ribboned.

Have fun all and be safe, this weather is crazy!
The funniest thing I heard at Joanns one day. A patient husband who was sporting quite a bit of facial hair muttered as he and his wife left the cutting table, " I was clean shaven when I came in here!" I thought I'd split a gut laughing over that!

buckeyequilter
December 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Here are the tote bags I made for Christmas gifts:

bdmsmith
December 8th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I was able to get the pieces cutout for my mom's quilt this weekends so I'm able to start sewing tomorrow. I'm happy with the progress so far.

DeniseSm
December 9th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Update: I'm done for the night. I squeezed in an extra hour and got almost 95% done on the quilting. True confession, I did have some puckering on the back in one spot, but its not a tuck or a pleat. I am going to go with good enough and just keep sewing.

ilive2craft2
December 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Finished some pillowcases and have more in progress for Christmas presents. Did not start on sleep pants or quilt any table runners.

We have 2 Christmas trees up with lights on them. Have started putting on ornaments, but that always takes us awhile - we have totes and totes of ornaments. The niece and nephew came over for awhile tonight as their parents went shopping for a bit. We had fun! They both have birthdays coming up, he will be 3 on the 20th and she will be 1 on the 27th and their mom (my sis) has a bday on the 21st. Busy week in that household!

Lonna
December 9th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Since my weekend is Sunday and Monday I am doing pretty good. I did finish my Christmas tree skirt that I will be giving to a friend tomorrow. Tomorrow I will try to get one of my quilt tops sandwiched and start quilting it.

MomGram
December 9th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Had a blast at the Cardinal game today. Done this weekend: 2 quilts quilted. Made binding for 3 quilts. Borders added to 2 quilts. Free tomorrow so going to keep going. Must MUst MUST bind some quilts.

Lisapc
December 9th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Total fail but I have tomorrow mostly to me.

Hulamoon
December 9th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Pretty MomGram! Love the bags Shirley!

Because of the party I didn't get anything done. I did bring my laptop and played with merging some embroidery designs ( putting them all into a larger hoop so you don't have to keep changing it) In the morning I can listen to it purr without checking it all the time.

I bought some no fray fabric and some number stencils for the hop scotch floor rug. I just have to pick what layer cake to use!

toggpine
December 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I have completed the set of coasters for my step-son (56ish). He wanted a set like I made for Grandma's bridge parties. A different set of 4 for each month, plus some for extras or everyday use. Now I need to find a basket or make one to hold them all. If I were super clever, I'd make my own fabric out of the scraps from all of the coasters and make a bigger fabric box to hold them all. (This would require more sewing and some math to figure the right size. I'm looking for a basket....)

I have the guys' flannel pants cut out and now have the girls to go in the AM. So glad they sew together faster than they cut!

It looks like I'll be doing Squeeze-It-In sewing all week!

Lindagie
December 10th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Got the borders on the second lap quilt so it can go to the quilters; cut out 4 pillowcases and finished one of them. I also made 4 scarves as gifts and finished the rag quilt. Busy weekend as I put up the Christmas tree (debating if I should leave it as is or put on the remaining ornaments; getting lazy about that) and baked two batches of cookies. I am still too far behind to be comfortable, esp. with the questionable weather we are experiencing. I doubt if I will ever be ahead of the game at Christmas, but I keep trying every year.