PDA

View Full Version : Thursday and it is sunny today.

Monique
April 14th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone. I made it back from the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati. I am still a little tired but enjoyed the trip. Cincinnati is such a beautiful place. We shopped the fabric stores in the Lancaster area, Sauders and Birkholders. What deals we got. I was very good this year and did not go overboard with purchases. All in all it was fantastic. Met many wonderful people. I have a few pictures which I will try and get downloaded to my puter soon.

Time to get laundry done. You all have a fantastic day!

Monique :icon_wave:

Loonwatcher
April 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Good Morning Monique. Sounds like your trip was a blast. Can't wait to see the photos.

NM Lady
April 14th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Good morning! Wow Monique, sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Thinking of everyone this morning. God bless and take care. Special prayers going out for those not feeling well.

debinmalaga
April 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Good morning, all! How nice to see the sunshine this morning, even if I'm at work. My short day today - done at 2:30 - then planning some yard work, and maybe a little sewing, dinner in the crock pot so I can please myself with my afternoon plans. Hope everyone has a Wonderful day.

toggpine
April 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Morning All!
This our usual busy Thursday. I won't see the sewing room until much later this afternoon.
I have a good start on cutting the swap blocks. I love the look of the block I chose, but forgot how many pieces that means I'll have to cut for it. Oh well, the final product is all that really matters right? Hopefully I can get through the back ground material today. That would just leave the zebra print to go.
Off to throw hay and run through the shower!
Catch up with you all later!
Hugs, Cathy

janluna
April 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I just got two books in the UPS delivery! Yay! Nora Roberts Chasing Fire and Jean Auel The Land of Painted Caves. It took the last book 11 years to be printed. Bye for now I'll be reading...which one first????

patticakes
April 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hi all who visit here!
Beautiful sun here but much cooler. Just stitching/stuffing a few animals on the long, lost quilt project but going to shower soon. Late this afternoon DBF and I are heading into Chicago to take his son to dinner. He lives right near Wrigley Field and it is such a vibrant area. He is moving alittle closer to downtown Chicago in a couple weeks. It will be fun to go and hopefully we can leave before the evening rush hour traffic begins! It will be fun to go into the city since now I am not going everyday for work.
Jan have fun with your books and hope everyone else has a wonderful day!

Onetiredmomma
April 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Oh, to read! I gave up on reading when the twins were born. I just can't concentrate on anything like that now. Some day. No sewing this week. Maybe on Sunday. God bless you all!

inspired
April 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Don't you think that crockpots are a gift from God!!!! I always enjoy my day more when I use it....Val

MaryB
April 15th, 2011, 04:52 AM
International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati !!! Oh, Monique, you lucky little duck. I would love to visit any quilt show anywhere in the U.S. of A. Will look forward anxiously to the piccies.
Mary B.

rebeccas-sewing
April 15th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I just got two books in the UPS delivery! Yay! Nora Roberts Chasing Fire and Jean Auel The Land of Painted Caves. It took the last book 11 years to be printed. Bye for now I'll be reading...which one first????

Let us know what you think of the books once you've read them. Gosh it would be great if we had a section for "Book Recommendations." I'm always looking for good books to read. Speaking of which, have you folks read any good books lately? I just read GONE WITH THE WIND for the first time and absolutely loved it. I understand now why it is such a famous story. It's a shame the author only lived to write this one book. She is a genius with the written word.

mamaquilt
April 15th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone,
It's a sunny Friday here in Luxembourg and a sunny WE ahead.

Just came back from the therapist, still have to go at least for another 3 weeks - so far.

Rebecca - I've read Gone with the wind too and loved it. Do you like thrillers? Then I recommend Kathy Reichs. Reading MORTAL REMAINS. I like her very much, because she also desribes the cities the thriller takes place extremely good.

No reading or sewing until the evening - have to work in the garden and plant some flowers.

llm161
April 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I love to read Nora Roberts. I have so many of her books that I can read through them and then go back and reread. Of course, now that I've started quilting, I spend much more time on the sewing machine, computer reading quilt help or doing hand sewing in the evenings. Nora Roberts is brain candy though. I call it escapism . . . . when I have to retreat into another place.