PDA

View Full Version : Is it HUMP Day . . . Where is everyone?

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM

I have an idea that my "Humpy" camel is still going to be a little bitty thing - gotta work on that. I'm not as savvy as Blondie when it comes to on-line graphic stuff.

Where is everyone? Oh, I forgot, we're having some good weather and everyone is outside chasing butterflies.

No real plans for the day. Just came here to wish everyone warmth, health, wealth, and happiness . . . oh, and a full tummy, too.

Hugs

LynneLeavell
April 13th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I wish I was outside chasing butterflies but instead I'm stuck behind a desk until at least 5:30 today. Then it's going home and spreading gravel oh wait that's my daughter and her boyfriends job since they want to use the trailer this weekend. So I'm to get to go home and sew some. I haven't touched my poor sewing machine in almost a month and I think I hear it crying for me. Oh wqell happy HUMP Day everyone.

Lynne Leavell

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Very good question, Sandy. Where is everybody. Hopefully, they are outside enjoying lovely spring weather. I'm taking a tea break and having a couple of tangerines. Then it's back to the embroidery machine to continue quilting my D9P.

Lisaau
April 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
(((((((Rebecca Saundra,lynne))) I got told today I need an operation on my right Knee......I,ve got degenerative osteoarthritis in my knee and calcium deposits.......some embedded in my meniscus cartilage I see the orthopedic surgeon on monday.....sigh

SuzyQue
April 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Lisa---sorry to hear that bad news about your knee. SuzyQue

SuzyQue
April 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Definitely know it is spring now....hubby is home and in the fields, which means more cooking, and more dirty clothes! Love that he is home more...........deal with the dirt..........have to eat more, what a shame! Actually, loving the sunshine and nice temps! Walk outside yesterday was a slice of heaven. Hope to repeat this afternoon. What is a sewing machine?????? Haven't made it there in awhile. Enjoy, ladies! SuzyQue

bakermom
April 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
It's actually warm today. I'll be out and about with DD running errands with her. Hope i can get back in time to do some sewing too. Hamburgers on the grill tonight!

toggpine
April 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Our sun was yesterday. Today is back to grey and overcast. I spent most of yesterday in a doctor's/clinic waiting room. Ugh! Thankfully nobody was sick or severely hurt. Mom went into Seattle for her epidural steroid shot to alleviate the pain in her right leg. I really don't like driving into Seattle. WAAAAY too many people in cars not paying attention. We did stop and take my husband out to lunch before dropping Mom off at home. then Em and I went to the Urgent Care/Children's Express clinic for her vaccinations. NOT a happy girl once she figured out what we were there for. Luck was with her though! the Ben & Jerry's scoop shop was having a fund raiser and it was "free scoop" day. So we made a donation to the State Trooper Memorial Fund and we each got a cone after the pokes were over. We had to wait nearly two hours for her shots though. Apparently there was a 5 minute wait last week, but with the school district having kindergarten/middle school registrations start this week, the wait was longer. I thought I'd be smart and get there before school let out. Wrong. Oh well, it's done for now.
I hope to get some more of the swap blocks cut today.
I hope you all have a great day!
Cathy
P.S. Lisa, sorry to hear about your knee surgery! Hope it all goes well.

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
(((((((Rebecca Saundra,lynne))) I got told today I need an operation on my right Knee......I,ve got degenerative osteoarthritis in my knee and calcium deposits.......some embedded in my meniscus cartilage I see the orthopedic surgeon on monday.....sigh

Lisa, I have had both of mine replaced - the first in May '07 and the other one in Jan '08. The only problem I have had is that I can't kneel down any longer. Otherwise, my knees are good as new. Good luck!!!

mamaquilt
April 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Lisa,

Keep my fingers crossed that everything works out fine for your knees. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!จจจจจจจจจจจจจจ

patticakes
April 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Hi! Not much happening here. I should be doing a million things but I just want to sit and stare at the tv. Decided that is NOT what I should be doing so I came upstairs to get inspired by something! Of course, just had to stop by and check in with the quilty ladies.
Yesterday I got my floss from JoAnns and poked around the dollar store, then spent a good hour or so at Goodwill. I have a thing for baskets so I bought a nice one for $1.99. It is really a nice size and I plan to put whatever my latest tv-sewing project in it. There were a couple more that I wanted but I held back, it's really like adopting puppies or kittens, I just want to rescue all the cute baskets and give them a good home. I will go back later this week and get a couple that can be used for Easter baskets because that is a perfect excuse to rescue a few more and have something useful once Easter is over.
I am back to a low carb diet and suffering the headache that comes from carb withdrawal. Having some small steaks wrapped in bacon tonight, with some leftover roasted zucchini leftover from last night.
Have a great Wednesday!
Patti

tamsterg7
April 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Sandy, I love your little camel! Yes, it is gorgeous here in St. Louis and I have been outside for a walk. I am anxiously checking the front porch for delivery of my custom acrylic extender from Allbrands. Per UPS tracking it is to be delivered by end of day today. Since the dogs haven't attacked the front door yet I presume Mr. Brown has not been here yet!

quiltingtrish
April 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I'm here! I'm here! Was at work all day - another long one. These kiddos are on summer vacation already, at least that's what they think.
Rainy again - no games to watch outside - again. :) The sun will shine again soon.
No other news here - I need to get to sewing tonight.

Hugs,

Onetiredmomma
April 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
It's been very stressful at work recently so I haven't spent much time here, but I still check in with you all a couple times of week. I've been working on quilting projects here and there, but mostly I'm on autopilot with work, make dinner and get kids to bed. Then I crash myself and start all over the next day. I miss you all, and I hope you all are doing well. I did get a package from MSQC with a note from Jenny, even. Should I frame it, ladies? Hehe.

sally
April 13th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I have away so much on the road these last few weeks I am not even sure what day it is anymore. Out of town for the rest of this week too! Luckily I have next week off...PG Taking a machine quilting class mon and tues. Plan to work in the garden on weds and then off to Alberta for Easter weekend. Staying with a friend who just got into the quilting world as well. Too cool! Good luck Lisa with the knee. Take care all!

Blondie
April 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/misc/goofyhowdy.jpg

Hey Ladies
A long day because of the long drive but labs, scans and xrays are done. Poor Mom having to drink that nasty stuff before the scan. Tomorrow is the Dr and the results.
Fingers crossed here.

Lisa, I am sorry to read about your knee! I can only imagine how painful that is -
Sandy, love the camel! cute, cute, cute!
tiredmomma, I will say a prayer for you at work. I don't get the stress from work but from everything else. LOL.

Patti, why do your leftovers sound better than mine? I got home and hubs had re heated some tuna casserole. Glad that HE can eat that leftover. I can't. eeewww.

Trish, everyone here has spring fever. They will be out next week for Easter Break - oh, not called that any longer, Spring Break. Either way, it will be here before you know it. My daughter in law's parents will be here too and I am so nervous about it. We live in a dinky tinker toy type house. We need paint, roof, and etc. I am embarassed for them to see it. LOL. But heck, like I used to tell my ex mother in law,
when my kids grow up they won't remember how clean the house was, they will remember all the fun and love they had in it. Sooooo, I am hoping that these lovely people will see that walls alone don't make a house a home . . . Now to find out if I can get a xanax before they arrive . . .

Ladies - have a great evening. I will get in tomorrow when I can. Sweet dreams to all!

debinmalaga
April 13th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hello all! Having a nice evening after my ridiculously long day at work - not a strenuous day at all, just Long. Glad to be home and visiting with y'all before I head to the living room and tv time with Mike and Spike. Lisa, good luck with your knee, so sorry to hear about it. And Blondie, goooood luck with the in-laws, yikes! I feel your pain, we had a huge graduation party for Paige a few years back, and just couldn't get our tiny, dingy, only bathroom painted. I was in agonies, but survived, and a good time was had by all. patticakes, did you know that you can learn to make baskets yourself?

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

janluna
April 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you all for the prayers for Emily and Morgan. Monday's blood work came back normal! God is Good. And one of Morgans legs and ankle have started to fuse. Now if we can just keep them both going in the right direction it will be wonderful. Your prayers worked and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. God Bless you all. Hugs and love, Jan

shawnan
April 14th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Knee surgery is not fun - at least from what I hear. I have no experience with it. But I'm sure you'll feel better after it is done.

Today was a lazy day. We did Meals on Wheel delivery at noon and that was about it - oh wait we did go to the grocery store on the way home. Picked up a little in the sewing room but gave that up quickly for a nap. Looking forward (NOT) to a fairly cool day tomorrow. Although I could plan on cleaning a little more.

Sleep well everyone, see you in the morning.

MaryB
April 14th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Sandy, I've been thinking about your little cardinal bird and wondering how you solved the problem of him trying to brain himself on the window. I thought of suggesting that you tape some fly wire mesh to the outside of the window so he can't see himself but you can still see out. Anyway, hope he's stopped doing it now. My head hurts thinking about it!

Lisa, all the best with your knee operation. It does sound so nasty.

Mary B.

Shirley
April 14th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Blondie,
How's the poison ivy? Hope all goes well with the DIL parents. I sure know how you feel about your house. But you are so right that walls alone don't make a house.!!

dlsnaples
April 14th, 2011, 02:53 AM
I had something called Synvisc injected into one knee last year and the other today. It is like an artificial cartildige that makes it so so knee is no longer bone on bone. It is helping me to not have a knee replacement for a few more years anyway. Might ask your doctor if you are a candidate.

rebeccas-sewing
April 14th, 2011, 06:50 AM
BLONDIE -

I am sure with your lovely personality and great sense of humor they will be focusing on you and not the needed repairs. Hopefully, it will get dark fast and you can turn down the lights! That's what I always counted on. LOL

REBECCA