PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, April 12

Blondie
April 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/GMRainingUmbrellas.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies
Well, it's raining, so it must be tuesday. Right now just lightly drizzle, good for my plants.
Got up early and then went back to bed. Love to drift in and out of sleep listening to the rain.
The dogwoods are so beautiftul right now. My azaleas are just starting to open up and my apple tree is blooming, as well as our cherry tree. Absolutely gorgeous.

Lola, I tried that stuff last night and this morning. I believe it is working. Not itching as badly and the spots coming up all over my other arm and hip looks like it has been arrested. Going back in to scrub up some more. I am ever indebted to you for this recommendation.

Off to see what else is shaking.

Blessings to all.

Shirley
April 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Blondie,
So happy to hear that the scrub is working. Please keep us informed. My DH and I both suffer with poison ivy when working outside. My DH was burning brush and breathed the smoke and had it internally. Dr. gave him a prescription for MethylPREDNISolone tablets usp 4 mg. It is a generic for MEDROL. This is the way it is written on the prescription we received.
This really cleared it up.
Hope you get to feeling better.
Shirley

MaryB
April 12th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hello America :icon_wave: Its Tuesday night here, been raining all day so thanks for the umbrellas Blondie, very cheerful and timely. Its really warm jammies and electric blanket night tonight.

Poison ivy uuurghh. Hope it is soon gone. None around here so I can't imagine how it feels but it must be AWFUL.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Cheers Mary B.

debinmalaga
April 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning, everyone! It's my long day at work today (8-6) but I had yesterday afternoon off and it was Beautiful out, about 80 degrees and sunny, so mustn't grumble.

Blondie, you're way ahead of me in the garden, my azaleas and dogwoods don't bloom until well into May here in NJ. My cherry tree is blooming now, and I still have tons of daffodils and grape hyacinths, so we've got some color to enjoy for now.

The bank I work for supports a lot of charitable efforts, so I'm asking them to sponsor a couple of the Quilts for Kids - would like to purchase some kid fabric and make my own. Wrote them a letter, so fingers crossed they send me a nice little check for fabric and batting and thread.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

toggpine
April 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Deb, what a great idea! I'd love it if I could find somebody else to buy my fabric & support my habit! All in the name of a great cause too! Go you!
Sorry to hear about all the rain. It is our normal status until about the 5th of July, I swear.
Off to take Mom to the doctors in Seattle. Whoo hoo. I hate that drive! I'm like Blondie on that, leave me in the country please! Ugh!
Gotta go pry the preschooler out of her nest. We are soooo not morning people!
See ya all later! Cathy

Loonwatcher
April 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Blondie, glad the scrub is working for your poison ivy. Itching and NOT scratching is the worst, most annoying thing to have.

Deb, great idea for the quilts for kids funding. Hope you get it.

janluna
April 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Good morning ladies! Emily's blood work came back normal!! Talk about prayers being answered! My son and his wife are amazed. They are very faith filled people but I think this caught them off guard. They are thrilled as am I. Thank you all for praying for her. Now if she would just stay that way. Morgan goes back to the Dr.'s today at 4 p.m.. We are waiting to hear if his bones are knitting together. They may have to do a bone graph. I figure it will be good news. If prayer can help Em it sure can help Morgan too. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your prayers. God is Good!
Blondie your dogwoods, apple, and cherry trees sound so beautiful. I would love some of them in my yard. I sure have the room for them. We have almost 9 acres. When do you plant them? Spring or fall? We always have to pay taxes on our business in April. Maybe next year we could get them. I think I'll ask for them for Mother's day. The kids are always saying "we don't know what to get you Mom" And of course I always say " you don't need to send me a gift." But between Dad and kids maybe they could all chip in together on one tree at a time. Do you have to have two so they bloom or will one tree bloom by itself? Can you tell I don't do trees? lol I used to have hanging baskets on my porch and my flower boxes filled but I haven't been able to do the boxes because of my back. The porch used to take 12 baskets. Since we enclosed part of the porch with screens so we could sit out in the evenings without being dinner for the bugs, we don't need but 6 or 7 baskets. I can handle that. I'll go flower shopping as soon as I know they won't get snowed on. We've had some pretty good snows in April. And one year we had a freak storm in May. That ruined all of my plants. I had to start over again.And we had that horrible ice storm in the 90's. That was awful. You could hear the trees way out back going off like gunshots when the branches broke away. I don't ever want to live that again. We took calls for 36 hours solid with no sleep. Keeping peoples 02 machines going and pumping out basements. Checking on the elders in town so they didn't get hypothermia. It was awful. Hopefully our bad weather for this winter is over.
Shirley, that Medrol stuff is a terrible drug. They put me on it for my back when I had an infection in my spine. I didn't feel human. I couldn't control anger or crying jags. I told the docs I would never take that stuff again. It is a nasty steroid. I had a antibiotic for the infection and the medrol for the inflammation in my spinal canal. I swelled up and got moonfaced from the medrol and meaner than a snake. Never again. I couldn't control the nasties. My kids and my husband hated me and I did myself. I truly felt hateful. I could tell what a blind rage was from that stuff. They said you can't just stop taking it. And I said watch this! I quit taking it and within two days felt human again. I was still swollen but at least I wasn't an animal anymore. I now know what a rabid dog must feel like.
Well, ladies have a wonderful day and I hope the weather holds out. Right now it is beautiful out. But you can feel the rain in the air.So it's coming this way. Or so say my bones. LOL Love you all and again thank you for the prayers and the miracle you helped produce. God bless one and all.
Hugs, Jan

patticakes
April 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Happy Tuesday Morning!
Blondie - Glad to hear your PI has subsided! Used to get that when I lived in rural Michigan but not since I became a "city girl" but certainly remember the tortured itching and sores. Ugh...glad that stuff helped.
Jan- Such good news about Emily! Will continue to pray for healing and continued progress for both her and little Morgan! I am envious of such an expanse of land, it must be just beautiful. Wish I could come take a walk.
Mary B - <waving back> Hope you are slumbering peacefully in your warm jammies!
Deb - Banks are pretty generous and they love for their employees to be involved in charities because they can include that in certain types of reporting if I recall. (from years of working in banking). I hope you get your funding for such a great cause!
Cathy - have a safe trip into Seattle!
Shirley - enternal PI....oh my! Sounds simply horrible!!
Last night I went through a box of really old sewing stuff and found a few real treasures I forgot I had! One is a one piece quilt started by my DM when I was pregnant with my first son. Mom was NOT a sewer or crafter so I remember her giving it to me unfinished because she knew my passion for sewing, except I never finished it! It is just a large cut of lime green fabric with bright animals all over it which she was embroidering around each animal and stuffing it as she went along, trapunto type thing. The edge of the fabric has the name of the line and "1971" on it, but I know she started it in late 1972 or early 1973. I finished one of the animals last night and I am off to the store to by some floss today. Been wishing for an evening project I could do by the TV with BF and this is perfect. I plan to finish it and give it to my son, who she was making it for, and he can keep it for his future child. (Fingers crossed here!)
I also found a couple completed fan blocks and some cut fan blades and various sized other scraps from 30's or 40's fabrics that were given to me by a lady who inhierted them and gave them to our quilt guild years ago. We finished one quilt and divided up the scraps when we were done. I am thinking a pretty wall hanging could be made. Will iron them all later and see how many I really have.
Okay, well off to JoAnns and Goodwill (my new shopping mecca!)

mrswindy4
April 12th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Jan....GOD IS GOOD!!!

Spent to much time in the sun yesterday and really feeling it in my joints today :( My rose bushes needed some care and I couldnt neglect them any longer...they look so much better today after weeding and new rock put around them. I can see little tiny buds on the branches!
Sun is a sworn enemy to lupus sufferers...causes all kinds of swelling and pain. I dont plan on becoming a vampire any time soon, though.
I am seriously considering sending my 3 miniature horses to new homes...physically I just can take care of them the way I used too. They are not neglected by any means...just wish I could do more for them.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day filled with love and happiness!!

quiltingtrish
April 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the umbrellas - we needed them here today in PA too! I did get a few raindrops on my head though - haha.
My girlfriend emailed me last night and said her home was broken in to during the day. They took her moms jewelry and 4 rifles. The police think it was taken for drugs but oh my goodness - I'm so glad they weren't home at the time. Her husband works at night and is usually sleeping during the day.
Off tonight to a Guild meeting. There is a speaker - Carol Blevins - and I suppose she is going to talk and maybe present a trunk show. It should be interesting.
In the meantime, I made up some homemade hamburger helper using up some noodles, sauce, and cheese. It's a good way to clean out the fridge.
Hey Blondie - did you do your taxes yet? Remember I said I mine online? Well, I'm still trying to get the federals submitted. It's a back and forth thing where you correct one thing and then have to wait a day or two and see it still wasn't accepted so I hope they accept it all by the 18th. I want to do it for free and this was the easiest way to get them done for me.

Got to go! I'll check back later with ya'lll.

Hugs,

quiltingtrish
April 12th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Geez - you guys must all be sewing! I am back from my meeting and Carol Blevins was very interesting. She gave advice on threads, needles, and lots of tidbits of information that she uses in her creations. She machine quilts but really didn't go into lots of details about that as much as I would have liked her to. Maybe bring a machine and show us how to wrangle those really large quilts.

Talked to Odie tonight. He sounds so good. He is in his 2nd week of school and learning all about the big guns he will be firing soon. Said it's a lot of studying so they have formed study groups to get good grades.

Well, not much else going on tonight. Is that sewing machines I hear humming across the world? Isn't it neat to know all the different places that everyone is from?

Have a great evening everyone and see ya all tomorrow!
Hugs,

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Shirley,
What happens when getting poison ivy internally? What are the symptoms. That sounds so awful? Rebecca
Blondie,
So happy to hear that the scrub is working. Please keep us informed. My DH and I both suffer with poison ivy when working outside. My DH was burning brush and breathed the smoke and had it internally. Dr. gave him a prescription for MethylPREDNISolone tablets usp 4 mg. It is a generic for MEDROL. This is the way it is written on the prescription we received.
This really cleared it up.
Hope you get to feeling better.
Shirley

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Joann and Goodwill are two of my favorite places. i love going to the Goodwill. Started going with my mom when I was very little. Have found some really good buys there and a great place for coming up with Halloween costumes. I have some really nice sweaters that I brought with me to London. I purchased them at Goodwill for about $2 per sweater. Some of them are actually wool. They look brand new.

Happy Tuesday Morning!
Blondie - Glad to hear your PI has subsided! Used to get that when I lived in rural Michigan but not since I became a "city girl" but certainly remember the tortured itching and sores. Ugh...glad that stuff helped.
Jan- Such good news about Emily! Will continue to pray for healing and continued progress for both her and little Morgan! I am envious of such an expanse of land, it must be just beautiful. Wish I could come take a walk.
Mary B - <waving back> Hope you are slumbering peacefully in your warm jammies!
Deb - Banks are pretty generous and they love for their employees to be involved in charities because they can include that in certain types of reporting if I recall. (from years of working in banking). I hope you get your funding for such a great cause!
Cathy - have a safe trip into Seattle!
Shirley - enternal PI....oh my! Sounds simply horrible!!
Last night I went through a box of really old sewing stuff and found a few real treasures I forgot I had! One is a one piece quilt started by my DM when I was pregnant with my first son. Mom was NOT a sewer or crafter so I remember her giving it to me unfinished because she knew my passion for sewing, except I never finished it! It is just a large cut of lime green fabric with bright animals all over it which she was embroidering around each animal and stuffing it as she went along, trapunto type thing. The edge of the fabric has the name of the line and "1971" on it, but I know she started it in late 1972 or early 1973. I finished one of the animals last night and I am off to the store to by some floss today. Been wishing for an evening project I could do by the TV with BF and this is perfect. I plan to finish it and give it to my son, who she was making it for, and he can keep it for his future child. (Fingers crossed here!)
I also found a couple completed fan blocks and some cut fan blades and various sized other scraps from 30's or 40's fabrics that were given to me by a lady who inhierted them and gave them to our quilt guild years ago. We finished one quilt and divided up the scraps when we were done. I am thinking a pretty wall hanging could be made. Will iron them all later and see how many I really have.
Okay, well off to JoAnns and Goodwill (my new shopping mecca!)

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Wonderful news, Jan. Hopefully Morgan's will be good news as well. If not, I'm sure the doctors will get him squared away and he'll be doing much better soon. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. That steroid you were on sounds really scary!

Loonwatcher
April 13th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Jan, great news for Em. Hoping Morgan's news is good too!