PDA

View Full Version : Another Lovely April Morning - Happy Monday

Blondie
April 11th, 2011, 06:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/monday.jpg

Happy Monday Morning, all of you lovely ladies
Thought I would share the remainder of my first cuppa with y'all. It is supposed to be lovely today and I am looking forward to that. Maybe some storms tonite. You know the adage, April showers bring May flowers.

I just heard that Japan has been rocked by another quake. Praying praying praying for these people and nation.

Ooops, sorry, took a quick kiss good bye to Luscious Larry, got another cuppa and forgot my whole train of thought. Ever happen to you? Mmmm. Where was I? Oh well, in the face of eternity, my ramblings aren't a teeny weeny ant hill. Hope to finish another few blocks (I did get two done last night) then head down the hill with sis to spend the morning with Mom. We are planning on doing some weeding. I learned my lesson last week - am armed with zinc oxide for the sun poisoning rash and have resorted to dabbing bleach on the poison ivy. I think it is working better than anything else I have tried.

Have a great day ladies!!!!!!!!!

wicked
April 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hi Blondie:

Can you explain the zinc oxide for a sun poisoning rash please? Does it loo like red patches? I have never heard of this, but always seem to get a rash on my legs in the summer.

Thanks

By the way......luv the kitty pic...

Loonwatcher
April 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Morning all, Supposed to get to the 70's today but be rainy. As Blondie says "April Showers..." and I do love the May flowers. As long as it's warm I'm ok with some rain. I have to work so I'll be stuck inside anyway.

Need to buy a case for my sewing machine so I can easily take it around with me. We are now in the season to go to camp every weekend so that's where I'll do most of my sewing. Any recommendations for case and where to get them?

Have a wonderful day!

janluna
April 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Blondie glad the tornados missed you. Must have been a different part of Carolinas. That's one of the reasons I don't live in the south or midwest. We have had a few but rarely and they have been little ones. I know they can happen anywhere if the weather is just right. We are supposed to be prepared today as it's hot and muggy and there is a cold front coming at us and you and Laura, and my kids in VA. So keep an eye on the sky. I want you to be safe. I love you guys.
Nancy, if you move your machine please lock it in place on some pillows. I took mine on a 70 mile journey and it didn't want to work very well after that. It was locked down but took the vibration and that wasn't good. So now if I move it I set it on pillows, on the backseat, and lock it in place with the seat belts. It works better after that. Just saying.
Hope everyones day is sunny with no thunderstorms but if not please protect yourselves. Love you all. Hugs, Jan

toggpine
April 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Howdy!
Off to sew before the munchkin wakes up! I'll check in later!
Cathy

mrswindy4
April 11th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Homemade vegetable soup simmering in the crock pot, animals fed and watered (3 miniature horses, 2 cockateils, a small parrot, fox terrier, black lab puppy, and an outside cat that comes around to be fed-we had her fixed so she doesnt bring babies along too) laundry started, a few errands to run later. But for now....its quilting time!!!

Everyone stay safe from the pending storms...and prayers to those that need them, and those that dont know they need them!!

Loonwatcher
April 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
THanks for the advice Jan!

patticakes
April 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hello hello!
Got up early and drank too much coffee! I hate that jittery feeling but just love that first cuppa but need to cut back. I like tea but wish I could make it like they do in Asian restaurants. Always tastes so good there!
Faxed the payroll this am and filed for unemployment online. It was much more than I thought so I hope it is correct! Just finished cleaning out a kitchen cupboard and have the laundry in. (how do we create so much laundry??!!) After new sheets are on the bed I am going to get to finishing my son's birthday quilt. I hate the sandwiching part so I have been dragging my feet on it. It's a bigger quilt so I might take it over to the apt. complex office and use their big table in the community room. See, now I am dreading it and thinking I should do something else instead. Kick me in the butt will ya??

Lola2Ace
April 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
>>>that's me prodding Patticakes along. Blondie, I posted on the thread for today about a product we found that works darn near miracles on poison ivy. Tecnu poison ivy scrub, expensive stuff, we get it at wally world and it's a bit cheaper, but we have seen it clear up the ivy on our girls overnight!

Blondie
April 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Blondie:

Can you explain the zinc oxide for a sun poisoning rash please? Does it loo like red patches? I have never heard of this, but always seem to get a rash on my legs in the summer.

Thanks

By the way......luv the kitty pic...

Well, zinc oxide is the generic form of many diaper rash treatments, lol. But it is effective against a lot of sun exposure - ie; think of lifeguards sitting in their perch with white stuff (or these days, neon) on their nose! I just didn't think that I would need any sunscreen this early in the season and I was wearing long sleeves and gloves. grrr. Just hyper sensitive, plus my Sis reminded me this morning that I was on a big heavy dose of anti biotics last month for a nasty bug and that makes some even more sensitive to the sun.
Blondie

Blondie
April 11th, 2011, 07:39 PM
>>>that's me prodding Patticakes along. Blondie, I posted on the thread for today about a product we found that works darn near miracles on poison ivy. Tecnu poison ivy scrub, expensive stuff, we get it at wally world and it's a bit cheaper, but we have seen it clear up the ivy on our girls overnight!
Going to check this out tonite. Wonder if it works on stuff that is a week old? Good grief I am really not wanting to get a shot of steroids for this. Thanks Lola!

Lola2Ace
April 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM
We have had it work on 'old' ivy, Blondie. I sure hope the Tecnu or something works a miracle for you. I personally have never had poison ivy, but have seen my girls suffer with it. After we found this stuff, we are never without it in our house.

Blondie
April 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hi Lola
Made a dash to the pharmacy and grabbed me some of the scrub. It felt glorious to kinda "scratch" ever so lightly with the teeny little beads in there. We will see how it is tomorrow. I am going to take a dose of benedryll tonite so I can sleep itch-free. the worst spot is drying up from the clorox, and every other item I have slathered on it. I am glad that is drying up there. But since it seems to have jumped to my other arm and on my leg, I am worried that it is in my bloodstream. Hoping this techno stuff stops it in it's tracks. I've had worse cases of it before, but, generally on my legs.
Thanks Lola.!! You gals here are the absolute best!!

janluna
April 12th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone. Emily's blood work came back normal!! You guys are miracle workers! Sorry it took so long but I just got a txt from her Mom to tell me. They didn't get a call from the lab until this evening. Her last two blood draws were 1300 now it is over 150,000. Thank you for the prayers.
We haven't heard about Morgan yet. He had an appointment today with the orthopedics but I haven't heard from my daughter yet about the results of his X-rays. Thank you all for your prayers and the love you have given us. God bless you all. I will keep you updated about both of them.
Blondie, I'm praying for your itchiness to go away!
Mary, I have cockatiels and a Blue front Amazon too. Plus 2 dogs. We are down from our 5 dogs.
What kind of parrot do you have?
Nancy you are welcome. I hope that helps keep your machine safe.
Gotta go check Facebook to see if my daughter posted about Morgan. I will let you know.
Gina is asking for prayers. She had a terrible scare yesterday. Some tenant went berserk and beat the superintendent up. Gina got her daughter out of school and ran to a friends. They have been sleeping on the couch ever since. Her former boss has invited her to stay at her house until the new apartment opens up for her. She is hoping to get in there in May instead of June. The guy who did the beating was released on bail and she is afraid to go back. She said if something happened to her who would take care of Abbey? And she is afraid to go back. The super was hurt quite badly and is in hospital. She will try to send us updates now and then until she can get her computer up and running again. Everything is packed to move. Thank you all for the prayers, Hugs, Jan

toggpine
April 12th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Oh dear! Poor Gina! She has more than plenty to deal with hasn't she?
Jan: Such happy news! Now for prayers of thanksgiving and continued improvement.

Ladies, I have finished my test blocks for the Wild Things swap. I can't load pics to MSQC anymore, no matter what I try, but I do have them up on my blog here:
http://toggpine.wordpress.com/2011/4/11/wild-things/

I need you to let me know which ones you all prefer to have swapped.
Thanks!
Cathy

Blondie
April 12th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Jan, so happy to hear about Em. Still praying for both Emily and Morgan. Also, thanks for letting us know about poor dear Gina. I would be frightened as well. There is no telling what some person on the fringe of who knows what would do.
Off to look at Cathy's wild animal blocks.

MaryB
April 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Jan, the parrot on my avatar is a wild bird - a King Parrot - he posed for me sitting on the handle of a garden rake propped against our back deck. They are a very tame species and come in a flock to eat wild bird seed from our hands. We don't have a pet bird, but lots of wild birds come to our garden. My friend has a cockatiel and I have heard that they are great little birds as pets, very feisty and protective. What does a Blue Front Amazon look like?

Great news about Emily and we now go on keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Loving hugs, Mary B.

debinmalaga
April 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Mary, I know you're used to it, but it boggles my mind, the idea of those King Parrots living wild, and eating in your garden. How cool!!!

mrswindy4
April 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Jan....I have a red-breasted parrot, one of the smaller varieties (about 12 inches from top of head to bottom of tail) but she has no red on her at all...go figure. I had a sun conure...but he just fell off his perch one day and died....no sign of being sick and no warnings at all....just fell.
I'd love to have an Amazon!! Someday I will.

I'd love to live in Australia and have parrots in my yard all the time...that would be Heaven on earth for me!!