PDA

View Full Version : Sunday - in April - Is it too late to make resolutions?

Blondie
April 10th, 2011, 06:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/untitledb.jpg

Hi Ladies
it's Sunday morning - I am up early and I know why . . . came home from work yesterday afternoon and the rain began again. It was also chilly and so, I took a nap. Got up, made a quick dinner and back to bed. Good grief, what is happening to me? I could just sleep and sleep and sleep . . .
Actually, I don't really get enough sleep so it is always on my mind.

Now resolutions. I need to make a resolution to stay away from computers, browsing for fun stuff, and CLEAN and then start my walking again. The weather has been too durn wet and cold for me to get out in it recently. I be askeered of getting sick again.

Dinner with Mom this afternoon.

Blessings to all. You know I will be checking in later.

rebeccas-sewing
April 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with you, Blondie. It's your body telling you to rest. You were really, really sick for quite a few weeks as I recall. Your body is still recovering. You should be really askeered of getting sick again. If you're wise you'll listen to your body. I bet you'll see a big change in yourself if you take it easy and wait for warmer weather to arrive. Be good to yourself! Talking about warmer weather, we went to Regent Park yesterday (first time). No coats! I've never seen so many flowers in a public park. Gorgeous!!! Joe and I were amused to see the park so full of people lounging around on the lawns soaking up the sunshine, paddling in the lake's boats, eating ice cream, having picnics. I said, "It's like the beach in California when the weather first warms up." Brits definitely do not take sunshine and warm temperatures for granted. Lovely to see so many people enjoying themselves. After walking and taking photos for such a long time (it's a huge park) we found a pub and went in for a pint (1/2 pint for me), a sharing platter and some chips (fries). While we were eating, in came a group of cloggers to liven up the place. They danced for us, passed around the hat and said their goodbyes. What a great day! There are so many wonderful things about the changing of the seasons.

quiltingtrish
April 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Rebecca is right Blondie - don't overdo just yet. You are still recovering - you had a nasty virus that took awhile to leave your body. It's good to want to get out and get some exercise in - I do too, but don't want to walk when the wind is blowing me across the road or so chillly that I need a hat and gloves yet. It can get that way on a semi-nice Spring day if I'm out near the lake for my walks.
I did get my neighbors material cut last night - took me 5 hours. Didn't get any sewing done, but at least that's off my mind.
Off today to church and Dad's. Maybe thunderstorms today - maybe not - hope to get outside and check out the garden area and see what it needs as to some weeding done first.
Hope you all have a sunny day and I'll check in when I get home tonight - late as usual.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
April 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Good Morning, EVERYONE! I'm with Blondie - I could sleep, sleep, sleep. And I do. Love snuggling down. Yesterday I spent the morning with my oldest granddaughter - picked out a prom dress for her, shoes, purse, jewelry. What fun. Came home and told Al I thought we needed to mow. We have a gigantic front yard and with both of us on riding mowers it took about 2 1/2 hours to complete. The grass was sure taller than it looked from the driveway. The yard was riddled with mole mounds so we both took quite a beating. But it does look so nice when it is finished. Now the back . . . It can wait a while.

I didn't get much sewing done last week - commitments all over the place that kept me out of the sewing room. I am torn about this coming week - do I do the much needed housework or do I play all week. I'll probably try to get in a combination of the two. I do have to finish my BOM for the quilting guild and want to take apart all the FMQ I've done on Zoe's quilt. Who knows what else will happen. I need to speed up my piecing if I'm going to finish quilts for each of the granddaughters.

Special prayers and hugs to everyone.

Lola2Ace
April 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Good Sunday to all of you! I am hoping to get a bit of sewing done today, it's been awhile since I've been able to get much done. My new job is still keeping me at full time hours, and will for a while longer so that cuts into sewing time drastically, but I'm not complaining--better to have more hours than no job at all! I have gotten 2 rows of a tumbler twin size sewn and the friendship braid is sandwiched and pinbasted ready to quilt and I am in the process of machine embroidering names on 31 aprons for a lady and they are due this week--just got them from her last week!! The aprons are the focus of today, that's for sure, and I want them done today and off my mind, then hopefully will get the quilting started on the braid quilt. It's supposed to be 79 degrees today, so will take breaks to enjoy a bit of that too.
Janluna, my prayers for you and your family have been lifted up and will continue.
Wishing everybody a blessed warm sunny Sunday!

mrswindy4
April 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies (and Gents)
Blondie...speaking as a nurse in my pre-llness life, the body heals better when your sleeping (thats why medically drug induced comas are used so often) If you feel the need to sleep...then sleep!! Its good for you!!

I feel the need to sleep all day!! I'll lay down and take a nap after the Grand daughter leaves in a little while. She stays with us on the weekends. Hubby finally decided that its time for a new puppy. Black lab puppy, only 6 weeks old...fresh off momma and whines all night and sleeps all day. I'll be sleeping with him today...lol Still have to finish up the taxes and send them in online today.

Not much time for sewing the last few days...trying to finish up a small log cabin quilt top before the other quilts come back from the LAQ so I can get the bindings put on. Maybe I can get a little sewing time in while the two youngest are at school tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and sunny Sunday!!

Lisaau
April 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
feel better soon (((((((blondie))))) love the Australian rainbow lorikeets in the pic

debinmalaga
April 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Good morning to all, and Happy Sunday! I'm a big fan of sleep, bed time is 10 for Mike and I and we get up around 6, so a good solid 8 hours, always. Glad you listened to your body and got the sleep you needed, Blondie!

Blondie
April 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
feel better soon (((((((blondie))))) love the Australian rainbow lorikeets in the pic

I love that pic of the lorikeets Lisa. I knew you or Jan would recognize them. God is so wonderful to give us such a colorful world to dwell in. One day I shall make it Down Under. It is on my bucket list. Adore each and every Aussie I've ever met.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/misc/cid_003d01c8bb3db2fbe1706501a8c0own.jpg

Ladies, I did go back to bed this morning and slept another few hours. Hubs was a bit concerned for me and went to see my sis while I slept the morning away. Silly man. Glad he loves me so much, but, I think that what it is is this:
I go like a bat out of you know where and then of course being so ill last month (how could I forget?) Every now and then it catches up with me. This change of life business is really not for sissies. Between the motherlode of flashes, restless sleep vs coma like sleep in the middle of the day - LOL!
Y'all are the bestest friends in the whole wide world of the internet.

Going downstairs to try to work on some blocks.

MaryB
April 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for identifying the lorikeets, Lisa, DH and I pondered, knew they were "ours" - but which ones? We are familiar with the more
common rosellas, galahs, King parrots and the ubiquitous sulphur crested cockies etc, all of which visit our yard from time to time. Lovely piccie Blondie.

Mary B.

patticakes
April 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Good evening to all my quilty friends!
It was such a hot day and I just loved it. I did not feel 100% but we had BFs two year old DGS so I kept him entertained all afternoon and didn't worry about getting anything else done. Boy the wind is really whipping around tonight and we have severe weather in the forecast so I am hitting the hay early in case I am awake all night with bad weather.
Had such a nice visit with my DD and "grand dog" Max this weekend. We did some nice Mom and Daughter things and got along much better than we do when we live near each other. Distance gives us a greater appreciation of our relationship. Max enjoyed his rag quilt and DD seemed to like it. I realized that she really did like it when she posted pics of it all over Facebook when she got home, here is one of Max on his quilt. Made me smile from my heart.
Have a good evening everyone!

toggpine
April 11th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Patti, it sounds like you had a great visit with your daughter! Yup, I think Max is loving his new blankie!

I am sure I did something important today, but I can't seem to remember what.....

I did just finish cutting out the first two test blocks for the Wild Things swap. They are neatly laid out on the cutting table. Hopefully I can get up and get them sewn before the little one wakes up. He sleep schedule has been all over the place!

Monday I am "Art Mom" (no tights or cape) and then Tuesday we will be taking my mom in for another epidural steroid injection and stopping by the health clinic for Em's vaccinations. (Oh what a fun filled day!) That will kind of limit my sewing to the evenings until Wednesday. Since we are expecting rain with a side of wind, and some extra rain with that for the next week, gardening shouldn't be an issue.

Throwin' another log in the woodstove and headed for bed! You chickadees have a good night and a super start to your week!
Cathy