PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday

Blondie
April 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/maxspring.jpg

Good Morning
More storms last night - I think April is bringing along the March wind with the April showers! Lots to do today after work.
Like Maxine, I put it all in categories. Since we have relations coming of the in law kind soon, I need to really perk things up. My son's in laws will be coming through our area on their way back to Mn. I am so not ready for this but I do have a week to clean.

Jan, hope to hear good news soon about the grands. They were first on my prayer list this morning.

Later kiddos

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Happy Saturday to everyone from PA!
Looks like another rainy day - looks like it will stay around for awhile. It can only help the flowers grow.
Will hear from Odie today. He did start his classes and didn't have his phone all week - can't wait to hear his voice.
With all this rain - the softball games are on hold. So don't know when I'll see Katie. I could sure use a hug from her.
I sewed last night. Got out the 10 Min. Block charm packs and made 5 more blocks. They are turning out so pretty.
DH will be home later today so I'm hoping to get him into the basement and move some stuff around for me. It depends on if his neck is feeling better. He was moving stone and large rocks around last weekend and pulled some muscles. Wouldn't want to make that worse.
I'll check in later! Have a happy day!
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
April 9th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Good morning, everyone!!

Blondie - don't overwork trying to clean for SIL's - they won't notice, believe me.
Trish - I'm sending you a hug!! I know it isn't quite as good as one from Katie, but should help a bit. I have to sympathize with your DH about his neck. The other day Al and I were leaving and he backed out of the garage, realized he had left his telephone behind and went back inside to get it. He had already started to close the garage door so it was partially down - he came back out and didn't remember and ran whack into it with the top of his head. Almost knocked him to the floor - whiplashed his neck good.

Today is another day that I can't call my own. I' have had one of those weeks where I've been on the move and haven't had time to sit down and relax a bit. But it has been fun. Today Amanda and I head out to get a prom dress and a hair cut, new shoes and who knows what else.

Had my wrist injected with cortisone yesterday and the doctor told me it would probably hurt today! Understatement. I sure hope this helps.

Prayers for everyone, Jan's grandchildren, Blondie's Mom, Trish's whole family, Patti - relaxing now . . . and anyone else who needs some hugs.

Have a great day!!

debinmalaga
April 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Good morning all! I'm going to pretty up the house real quick (it's so nice to have a small house!) and then, like Jenny says in the tutorial, I'm going to keep "making pinwheels and making pinwheels!" They're coming out so pretty in the True Blue line. Mike will be busy in his garage all day (he does repair work on weekends, and buys and sells the occasional car) so I won't feel guilty if I sew all day :-).

Anyone else following Sarah's blog? It's the whole story of the MSQC, and very fun to follow.

Like everyone else, my thoughts are with Jan and her grandchildren, with warmest wishes for the family.

llm161
April 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
HAPPY SATURDAY ! I got the word yesterday that I don't have to come into work at the plant farm today because of the weather. It's overcast but NOT raining for a change. Our yard is a mucky mess so I guess I can plan a quilty day. Going to put my Flynn MultiFrame on my machine and decide if I'm going to keep it our send it back. If I had a second machine, it wouldn't be such a question but it ties up the machine and it's a pain to take it off and on.....even though he says it's a cinch. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

bakermom
April 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
cool here but at least it's not raining(eed to do the binding today. first i need to go back to WM and retrieve the bag that got left behind this morning. I stopped after work (3am)to pick up some things I needed and left one bag behind. Of course it had the stuff i really needed in it. I called to let them know I wasn't coming back at that time but would be in today. They're good about replacing what gets left behind.
I think i can squeak by with leftover lasagna for supper so once I go upstairs to sew I won't have to stop.

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Linda - I have one of those Flynn frames. I don't like it. I think it's too cumbersome and you are right - have to keep putting it on and off the machine. Some people do like it though, I guess. I'm going to take the project off it that's on their now and sell mine at a yardsale. I don't think they'd give me any money back cause I've had mine for almost a year now. Oh well, bit the bullet. I also thought that I would have more quilting space even though I did sit down and did a demo before I bought it.
My running for today is done. I like little houses too, Deb, a quick run over the major areas and done with the housework! Of course, I haven't started my spring cleaning yet where I pull things out from the wall and give it all a good going over. That won't happen until right before Memorial Day when we have friends and family over for a annual picnic. Good reason to get it done then.

Well, will check in later! Thanks for my HUG Sandy. I felt it!
Hugs,

toggpine
April 10th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Wow, where did the day go?
We were ALL up at 6 AM this morning. No good reason, just awake. Dad & daughter watched a B&W Tarzan movie while I finished up the Christmas Star block. The sound effects were horrible! Screeching and bad yodeling. Ugh!
I have Em all signed up for Kindergarten. Tuesday after school we will go to the medical clinic and get her last round of vaccinations caught up. I'd go to our family Doc, but the co-pay went from $20 to $40! I can go get the shots for free and 30 minutes closer to home! Hmmm. Let me think, which one is the better deal? Especially with regular gas at $3.99.9!
After that the two of us headed into town. We stopped at the bank, and then the HomeD where we found some great deals in the clearance plant section. We also picked up some veggie seeds to get started in the indoor trays. On the way home we stopped at the library and picked up some new night time books for Em, and a few new audio books for me while I sew.
We got home in time to play outside for a few hours. I got the lawn mowed and my fabulous plant finds in the ground. I still have to do something with the fuchsia starts I picked up today. I have them tucked into the big black tub that we use for the tomatoes for now. Our hanging baskets were in much worse shape than I thought! It looks like I'll have to find some new ones.
We all got cleaned up, had supper, and now I should be sewing, but I think I'm just going to take an ibuprofen and crash in front of the boob-tube. We'll try again with the sewing tomorrow.
Have a good night & take care!
Cathy