PDA

View Full Version : All packed and ready to head to CA for the wedding

Ginny B
November 13th, 2013, 01:08 AM
The packing is pretty much done --- just the last minute stuff tomorrow morning needs to go in. I've got an audio book on my ipod, a new book from the library on my Kindle (plus all the books I already have on there) and I will pick a quilt magazine to take with me in case I want to feast my eyes on some wonderful quilts and other projects to spur my imagination. I decided against bringing any projects with me on the plane this time. I really don't like flying so I usually try to bring something to keep me occupied but my carryon bag is going to be filled with things I don't want to take the chance on not making it to Sacramento with us. Not that Jet Blue has ever lost our bags, but I need to know that I have dh's suit, my dress and all the other things that go with that and our shoes, etc. with us all the way. We have to change planes and that always makes me nervous. I can always go to the store and get replacements for other things if our luggage gets "delayed", but I can't go buy a new mother-of-the-groom dress. One less thing for me to stress about.

It's been a busy couple days at work getting everything possible finished but I did it! Stayed a few minutes late to finish a few little things but I feel better knowing I didn't leave them for someone else to figure out tomorrow.

So, I will be heading off to California tomorrow morning and will miss you guys. I get to see my best friend while I am out there too! We will be staying with her and her dh tomorrow night and then again on Saturday night and she will be at the wedding. I haven't seen her since we went out there for her sons wedding 2 years ago.

Everyone have a wonderful week and I will check in when I get back. I may pop in here if I get a chance -- I will be checking those daily deals for sure.

Oh, and we checked with dh's daughter and nothing imminent happening on the baby arrival front so we are hoping that she will not have that little bundle until we return.

Such an exciting week! See you all soon.

I

HdWench
November 13th, 2013, 01:43 AM
:icon_wave: Have a great flight and lovely visit with your best friend - they are precious. Enjoy the wedding and come back invigorated with tons of ideas :-)

ilive2craft2
November 13th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Have fun! Hope the baby waits until you are back and rested a bit. Lisa

Madeforyouinma11
November 13th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Have a great time!

Cathy F
November 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Have a great time,hope you'll post some wedding pictures when you get back!

Sandy Navas
November 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Ginny, I waved as you flew over the house this morning!! Have a wonderful time!!