PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I'm transparent

Meli
November 11th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Every year for Veteran's Day, I ask Jim if he would like to go out somewhere and take advantage of a free meal, what with him being a veteran. Every year he says no. So this year I didn't even ask. Instead, I arranged to spend a good part of this evening volunteering on a genealogical website. Imagine my surprise when Jim asked, "Should we go out to eat tonight for Veteran's Day?" Umm... crap! I offered to reschedule what I had planned, but he wouldn't hear of it. He wasn't upset at all, said he didn't really care one way or the other, just thought I would like it.

Feeling guilty, I called his oldest son, himself an Army veteran, and asked if he was busy. Two minutes later it was arranged that he would call his dad and invite him out to dinner, and to leave me out of it. I specifically said, "this wasn't my idea". A few minutes after that, I heard Jim's phone ring, heard him talking, and then heard him laughing heartily. I went upstairs about 30 minutes later, asked what was so funny.

Jim: You.
Me: How?
Jim: Telling Nolan to call me.
Me: I never.
Jim: He called me up, asked me to dinner. I asked if you called him. He was quiet a moment then said, "It wasn't her idea." You're so transparent!

When Nolan got here, they rehashed the conversation for me, and Nolan proclaimed, "He can read you like a book!" Yeah, well... if that's the case, why can't he do that when I want him to do something!

easyquilts
November 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Husbands are so weird....in a funny way, of course.... It seems that your men have your number... Cute.

Kgrammiecaz
November 11th, 2013, 11:47 PM
How wonderful to have the men in your life actually have paid attention to know you. What a blessing

Monique
November 12th, 2013, 08:51 AM
At least you got a good laugh.