PDA

View Full Version : The dangers of Christmas decorations...........

Divine Daisy
November 11th, 2013, 09:31 PM
They should have a health warning I tell ya! I made some stars for my daughter Heather. She is veryyyyy into shabby chic and I found some lovely fabric in a muted red and a sort of milk coffee colour. I cut out the stars, sewed them up and lightly stuffed them. Sewed them on a tape with a wooden button and called them done.

Two days later I received a text from Heather which began........mother.......(you KNOW you are in trouble when a conversation begins with Mother.............

The text was as follows:-

Mother the stars are lovely! thank you so much! I NEED bedroom curtains in the coffee fabric and a matching quilt with a LOT of the red in it. I loveeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

I knew those stars were going to be trouble!

ilive2craft2
November 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM
You really do know her tastes, don't you? Kind of glad I have a boy who doesn't really care about the sewing "stuff" I do. Although, he did like the pillow cases I made for him in his favorite teams fabrics. :)

Did you take any pictures of the stars? Hoping that the lovely milk coffee colored fabric was not some piece you pulled from your stash that you won't ever be able to find again!

Monique
November 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Daisy, you are just too good at what you do. How lucky she is to have you.

bkthomas
November 11th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Oh, I thought someone got hurt......So, what did you tell her....No trouble?!!!!!

PeggyM
November 11th, 2013, 10:10 PM
It must be a daughter thing. My fear is the word "mommy". It is usually is (maybe always) followed by a request for cash. I much prefer, "hi, mom".

K. McEuen
November 11th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Between her and Mr. D you are being kept pretty busy!

kensington
November 11th, 2013, 10:31 PM
They should have a health warning I tell ya! I made some stars for my daughter Heather. She is veryyyyy into shabby chic and I found some lovely fabric in a muted red and a sort of milk coffee colour. I cut out the stars, sewed them up and lightly stuffed them. Sewed them on a tape with a wooden button and called them done.

Two days later I received a text from Heather which began........mother.......(you KNOW you are in trouble when a conversation begins with Mother.............

The text was as follows:-

Mother the stars are lovely! thank you so much! I NEED bedroom curtains in the coffee fabric and a matching quilt with a LOT of the red in it. I loveeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

I knew those stars were going to be trouble!

My daughter does the same thing. She even asks for the quilts I make and put on my beds! LOL.

easyquilts
November 11th, 2013, 11:25 PM
I think it's wonderful that your daughter values what you do so much.... You are lucky to have each other. Yes... The word "Mother" neatly always signals something...not always good, but always interesting.... Girls are masters of the word.... They love drama...

Can you post a picture of the much loved Fabruc?

JanFasano
November 11th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Thank you for the giggle tonight. I love how you worded your post. Daughters---You got to love them!!!

Have you started her quilt yet??? Yes, we would love to see the fabric that made such a hit.

Miss Sheri
November 12th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Hahahahaha, I love it. She is a bright and fortunate young lady, especially since she has you!

KathieB
November 12th, 2013, 12:51 AM
My youngest daughter always start with "How much do you love me?". I really miss that since she moved out of state about 4 years ago.

MayinJerset
November 12th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Gee boys are no fun, they only ask to borrow tools not ask me to make them a quilt and curtains in just the right colors for their bedroom. I'm sure you have to time to run them up ASAP.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 12th, 2013, 02:48 AM
My friend just asked me to make underwear for her, she wants a camisole to replace the 50 year old rag she was wearing. And I'm sure she will be bugging me to get it to her in a weel! No way! This friend is definitely in love with the past!

Andrea F
November 12th, 2013, 03:34 AM
My boys usually tell me I look like I was 25 years old when they want something from me. But they usually donīt want me to sew something for them.

HdWench
November 12th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Mother............ oh how I miss hearing that... well Grandma Weeds will have to do for me

That is the signal for something Upcoming!!! So happy to hear she loves what you made Sew much, she wants more :-) You're so talented no wonder Mother!

:-D

HdWench
November 12th, 2013, 05:13 AM
My friend just asked me to make underwear for her, she wants a camisole to replace the 50 year old rag she was wearing. And I'm sure she will be bugging me to get it to her in a weel! No way! This friend is definitely in love with the past!

Just poked through my large box of Vintage patterns for you Jean - only a Robe, no undies or camisole... But tons of lovely 40's-50s dresses. Oh yes, not NOW!! ok IQ is yelling at me again enjoy your night

Eileen83flowers
November 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
My daughter always says Mummmmmmm and I know instantly she wants me to do something for her!
If we didn't have our daughters our lives would have a lot more spare time and so much more money in our purses LOL

CrazyMtnLady
November 12th, 2013, 09:55 AM
That is so funny and I am sure it will be "no problem" for you to make her requests. :)

Teri
November 12th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Oh, thanks for the smile this morning! You spent so much time raising your daughter with praise at every step of her artwork, it's got to make you feel so good to have that loving glowing praise come back to you! Get busy, mama, you got some sewing to do! 😊

Sandy Navas
November 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I thought you just made her a gorgeous quilt!

Divine Daisy
November 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I thought you just made her a gorgeous quilt!

I did!

After years of not getting a quilt because she couldn't make up her mind what she wanted, she has burst through that wall. She adores that quilt and now spends a lot of time discussing others she could have. When she got the stars she knew instantly what the next one needed to be.

As someone said............ its 'no trouble' and this time that's true. I think since she lost the baby she needs to feel wrapped up in love. I will wrap her up in as many quilts as she needs.

Sandy Navas
November 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I did!

After years of not getting a quilt because she couldn't make up her mind what she wanted, she has burst through that wall. She adores that quilt and now spends a lot of time discussing others she could have. When she got the stars she knew instantly what the next one needed to be.

As someone said............ its 'no trouble' and this time that's true. I think since she lost the baby she needs to feel wrapped up in love. I will wrap her up in as many quilts as she needs.

I honestly had forgotten about the baby - so wrap her up in a thousand soft and cuddlies!!

Booklady
November 12th, 2013, 05:08 PM
When our kids were in college we gave them cell phones. I decided if I were to write an autobiography about the 2nd part of my life I would title it--"I Hate It When My Purse Rings"

IBake
November 12th, 2013, 11:53 PM
My oldest son was-and still is- extremely slim while he was in high school. I had found a pattern for boxer and proceeded to make up a bundle of them for him and my younger son. I even made glow in the dark ones with Joe Boxer fabric.

"Mom, you know those boxers"...was the way the conversations started that meant that he either needed new boxers or that he had seen boxers that he thought he needed. However this time he had moved into college and had a new roommate that marched with him in the band. Collin, my son was changing and his roommate said, "hey, were did you get the cool boxers?" 'My mom made them"..."Nobody's mom makes boxers"..."tell that to my mom." "Say, does she them for anyone else?"

"Mom, you know those boxers?"

gotta love those kids!