PDA

View Full Version : Don't ever underestimate the power of prayer!

Quilted Fantasies
November 11th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Yesterday I asked for people to pray specifically for DH Jim's breathing to improve; the surgeon had told me that morning that he would "probably" need a tracheotomy Wednesday or Thursday. (He has been in ICU for a week following a ten hour surgery last Monday to repair a tear in his aorta.) Today they called and told me that he had improved so much that they were able to take the breathing tube out about 3 pm. I went to see him and he is alert, talking, and wants to come home. (It is going to be a long time before that happens, I know.) I am thrilled beyond belief!

Also, Jim has not had a good relationship with his three sons for years. One has not spoken to him in over twenty years. I tracked them down when all this happened and God has again worked miracles. Two of them came to see him on Saturday and the oldest is coming tomorrow. We have prayed for years that they will "come around", and to be honest, I had given up hope. I hate that it has taken this event to make it happen, but I'm elated that they care enough to come see him and pray that this will pave the way to repair their relationships.

Thanks for all the prayers and please continue to pray that he will regain strength and have a good relationship with his boys.

Monique
November 11th, 2013, 09:20 PM
That is good news about your husband. I hope he continues to improve and will soon be back home with you. I also hope that he and his boys can look to the future instead of the past. What has passed, has passed. Continued prayers.

GuitarGramma
November 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Grace-Ann, thank you for this update. I am continuing to pray for your husband.

ilive2craft2
November 11th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Great news! Hope he recovers quickly and is back home soon.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes things like this for people to realize how fragile life is and how important family is. Hoping that they continue to talk.

grannyann
November 11th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Great news. I pray that the entire family is on the road to recovery. God Bless

kensington
November 11th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I believe. Some people say when they pray... "It's the least I can do"... but I say.. "It's the BEST I can do".

So happy to see that things are so much better. God can do anything.

Nanato7
November 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM
With prayer, all things are possible! May the Good Lord continue to bless your family, during this upcoming "family time" of the year. There is nothing He can't do, if we but ask Him. God bless us all!

easyquilts
November 11th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Praise God....

Miss Sheri
November 12th, 2013, 12:51 AM
I missed the initial request, been working in my yard like crazy before the mild weather ends. But, I will be happy to add your family and especially your Hubby to my prayers. Bless you for your patience and your faith.

pcbatiks
November 12th, 2013, 12:56 AM
That is amazing news.........so happy to read your update! Praying that your DH and his sons will rebuild their relationship.
This is an awesome answer to pray.

Gayle8675309
November 12th, 2013, 01:03 AM
So happy to hear that your husband is doing better and that his sons are coming to visit.

God sure can cause good things to come out of adversity.

I'm praying for you all!

lilmouse
November 12th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Thank you for the update..prayers continue....sending hugs as well...((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))) figured you could use a few of them!

MayinJerset
November 12th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Thanks for telling us the results of all the prayers, great that Jim's doing much better than expected and hope it continues and that he and his boys are reunited as a family.

Andrea F
November 12th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I am so happy for you that he is feeling better. Great news about the sons, too. I hope everything goes well and they will be able to restore their relationship.

HdWench
November 12th, 2013, 04:26 AM
So true Grace, but it is a good news update and happy his sons are coming around. Yes I liked reading that - the past is past, and prayers they now realize the DO need their Dad in their lives. (((Hugs))) you too take care of you

dwil23
November 12th, 2013, 04:56 AM
So glad to hear things are looking up both physically and relationally for your DH.

Will pray for continued improvement.