PDA

View Full Version : I am a little disapointed.......... :(

Klasien
November 11th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I just have to say it..........

Several weeks ago I have mailed out 9 Pay it Forward gifts, I made a little something, cut a bunch of fatquaters, a little sweet and a note. I know just a little gift but I had to ship them all across the ocean so I wanted the postage to be afordable. I took 10 in my group, so I don't need to complain about costs and work I've put into this, I was the one that took 10 persons to ship to......I know.
But still I am a little disapointed.
I don't need posts to thank me, pictures or what not, but I would have loved to know if the packages made it.......
It is pay it forward, so nothing in return is the key right? Is a little PM to let me know it made it to much to ask?
Out of the 9 I got 2 very very sweet responses and the other 7........I think I will never know.
Made me a little sad, I know my gifts were really small, but now I don't even know if the ladies I made it for have gotten their little something :(

Sorry Lenie, voor jou is nog niets op de bus, ik weet nog niet zo goed wat ik voor je zal maken, maar het komt sowieso naar je toe wat het ook wordt!!

Sorry for my little rant, but I just had to say it :(

shorte85
November 11th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I'm sorry! The only thing I can think of is depending on when you sent them, they didn't receive it or they just don't know to send a thank you? I know when I get forum mail I am so thankful that I try to make sure I send a PM right away letting them know how thankful I am for whatever it is they sent me big or small. The generosity behind it is what matters the most. I know I have a few ladies on my list I will be sending pay it forwards to. Wish I could do everyone that is for sure.

Again sorry you don't have any knowing if the packages arrived or if the person isn't telling your. Maybe them seeing this message you posted they will know to let you know?

dwil23
November 11th, 2013, 07:11 AM
It is very frustrating to not know whether something made it or not, and it puts the sender in a bad spot to have to ask.

Klasien
November 11th, 2013, 07:25 AM
It is very frustrating to not know whether something made it or not, and it puts the sender in a bad spot to have to ask.

That's what I mean!!!

Iris Girl
November 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
I totally hear you. And I for one do not think it is wrong to send a pm and ask if a gift was gotten. I used to think it bad taste but so many things I have sent and people have never responded as to letting me know if it was received. It is very frustrating and disheartening. When I receive a giftie from someone I publicly thank them in show and tell with pictures and pm them both. There have been times I have gotten neither. Even worse is sending something some one asked for and never hearing if they used it for what was needed immeadiately.

Lenie
November 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Och, Klasien, maak je daar geen zorgen om joh! Ik hoop dat je nog wat berichtjes krijgt van de dames, da's toch een stuk leuker, je hebt helemaal gelijk. Ik heb de foto gezien, van je pakketje, hartstikke leuk!

CrazyMtnLady
November 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Sorry that there are those out there that do not have the manners to respond with a Thank You. I am always happy when I receive something from a forum friend and can't wait to get online and thank them.
Hopefully those that haven't responded to your kindness with do soon quickly.

Mpyles
November 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I am sorry Klasien, I don't know if it's the times we live in or insensitivity. Hopefully they will respond soon!

Monique
November 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
If you sent me something I haven't gotten it yet! Just had to add that Klasien.

A simple thank you goes a long way. I would be disappointed too in your shoes. Let's just hope that the parcels have not been received yet.

Sew Perfect
November 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Klasien, I am sorry that you are in this bad spot. The gift you made, the chocolate andthe fat quarter were so great. It doesn't matter how small a gift is; it is what's behind the gift...the heart. It is rude of people to not say thank you. You are a very thoughtful person and well thought of.

grannyann
November 11th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I am sorry to read this. But I hope the reason you haven't received a thank you is because your gift hasn't been delivered to the them. You might contact them to see if they did get it. It was very kind of you and a little thank you certainly on their part is due.

Blondie
November 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Klaisen,
I apologize for those who don't think to post a thank you.
There have been times that i have received something from someone in the past and I have sent a private thank you rather than post on the forum. I would hope that they would at the very least do that!
Blessings to you, dear one.
Blondie

MRoy
November 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I've not received any forum mail, but if I did I would thank the person who sent it right away. I understand your disappointment.

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Nothing in my mail from The Netherlands - but since I got my little bite of Chocolate in person . . .
I do hope that if I've received anything from a forum friend that I have let them know how much it is appreciated.
It never hurts to give a thanks for some unexpected joy!!

gloria
November 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Klaisen,
I don't blame you for being upset. How hard could it be for someone to give a quick respond to let you know your gift was received; where have all the manners gone to now a days?

MayinJerset
November 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I am sorry to read this. But I hope the reason you haven't received a thank you is because your gift hasn't been delivered to the them. You might contact them to see if they did get it. It was very kind of you and a little thank you certainly on their part is due.

I also think your PIFs haven't been delivered yet.

I know how you are feeling, you had a nice idea to share something with others and if no one acknowledges that they received them it kind of takes the joy out of your unselfish gesture.

K. McEuen
November 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I think Sandy got mine. You know how she is. Hopefully the stuff you sent will arrive soon and people will say something.

GrammaBabs
November 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
6075860759Just to remind those that have no manners... I received this from our dear Klasien a while back and could not believe the time and work that went into it... and yes,, the chocolate was immediately devoured... IMHO,,, we are getting a bit large... success is good, I know, but I get overwhelmed easily..LOL.. so here is what sits at my puter right where I can see it... (much like my whole home... )..:)

ilive2craft2
November 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Klasien, I am so sorry that your beautiful gifties have not been acknowledged by the recipients. I am hoping that they have not been rec'd yet. Lisa

Doloris
November 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Let's just hope that they are hung up in the mail somewhere. I hate to think that people on here can't even say a simple thank you for someone's efforts to put a smile on their face. Nothing in my mailbox ever goes un thanked for

Evilynn
November 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Knowing the sweet ladies that are here on the forum, I just can't imagine any of them being unsensitive enough to not at least write a PM with a thank you. My guess is that they didn't receive it yet. Sometimes the postal service in the US works quickly as a charm, sometimes they're like a snail post. I have noticed that myself already. I really refuse to think that those ladies would not at least say thank you.

I understand your disappointment. I also used to think it's not very good taste to ask if someone did receive something after waiting for a certain amount of time but if I was in your position I would write a PM after time amount X! I know a very sweet lady from the forum recently wrote me a postcard which never arrived :( That happens also! (Sadly)

Hugs,

Steffie

New York Sue
November 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I can't imagine someone receiving your gift without acknowledging. :(

Bubby
November 11th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I had a similar situation last year and have backed off on what I send and to whom. I'm sorry this happened to you...it's makes for an uncomfortable situation.

slamb13
November 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I recently sent a package to grammykim that took well over a week to arrive. And that was only from the US to Canada!

Customs in and out of countries seems to really slow things down. I hope you haven't heard only because your gifts have not yet arrived!

buckeyequilter
November 11th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I have a package that I need to send to Switzerland....how long do you think it will take? I'd like to get it there by the end of the year, should I get it in the mail tomorrow?

Cathy F
November 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Klasien,
Hopefully you'll hear from them. Your gifts were very thoughtful and I'd also like to know if they were received if I sent them.

bdmsmith
November 11th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry Klasien for your disappointment. I understand how frustrating that can be as I have sent gifts to family friends and haven't even received acknowledgement that they were received. Hopefully they haven't arrived yet to their target people and you will still get some PM's.

kensington
November 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I don't think I was on your PIF list, I was on one, but I don't remember it being you. But, just in case it was yours, I did not receive any PIF from anyone at all so far.

I wish I had, I liked that Chocolate you gave us at the retreat!

GuitarGramma
November 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Dearest Klasien,

I think it's safe to assume that not all of your packages have arrived. Once, I ordered something from Canada and US Customs held it for over three weeks. The company eventually learned to only ship three items in a box, and now I receive these in a matter of days, not weeks. So the very fact that you sent ten items in similar packaging would be a reason for Customs to s-l-o-w things down on this side of the world.

I think it would be good to PM the ladies to whom you've shipped these gifts to let them know to look for them. Then you will know the status of each package. Everyone on this forum loves you, so I can't believe anyone would forget to thank you.

HdWench
November 11th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Yes I like to think of our forum like Steffie does. These must be on route still. It would not be out of order to send them a PM asking them to look for them and let you know when they come in. Packages are taking such a long time lately. If I know something is coming I attack our mailman daily haha Good luck and I do hope they all arrive soon

Klasien
November 11th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I had to empty my mailbox couple of weeks ago, so I don't have their forumnames anymore, I have the real names, but after putting those in the searchbar there was nothing......
They might not even be on here anymore........

Thanks for your sweet comments and PM's today!

PeggyM
November 11th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I have no idea if this plays into it, but our government was shut down for a time. Maybe that backed up Customs inspections??

GuitarGramma
November 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I have no idea if this plays into it, but our government was shut down for a time. Maybe that backed up Customs inspections??

Peggy, that's a really good point. There's a good chance that US Customs was shut down during that time. That would create a backlog, and who knows which packages would get through when!

Monique
November 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I had to empty my mailbox couple of weeks ago, so I don't have their forumnames anymore, I have the real names, but after putting those in the searchbar there was nothing......
They might not even be on here anymore........

Thanks for your sweet comments and PM's today!

Maybe we can help you track them down!

kensington
November 11th, 2013, 09:41 PM
If you can find your original PIF post, then you might remember when you see their names in there.

RFREE
November 11th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I am hoping that they haven't received them yet. There are to many good peeps on this forum to not at least PM you a thank you for a PIF gift they receive. I hope you start getting responses soon:)

grammakim04
November 12th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I"ve recently sent packages from Canada to USA and it is taking up to 2 weeks to be recd....I really think they have not recd your precious gifts....I'm sure you will hear from them really soon.

mommadeb
November 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I think a quick thank you would be in order.