PDA

View Full Version : Sew, it's Saturday

Blondie
November 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Happy Saturday Folksies!

Yep, today is the tomorrow you thought about yesterday. Old cliche, still true. I slept in later than usual this morning. Like waaaayyyyy later. I have not even finished my first cuppa and need to head to the shower. The last few mornings have been quite chilly. I like lying under my heavy old tree of life quilt.

Dinner with the Moms last night was wonderful for all of us. I am looking forward to when she will be back at home. You gotta know she is too. We will be having a family meeting with the staff there this week and hopefully be getting an update on her progress pertaining to the infection that keeps her on this elephant dose of antibiotics.

I really have to head to the shower and then run across the road to work. I am still grooving on being so close to home. What a luxury! Think good thoughts today, hug someone even if it is in cyberspace, count your blessings, and don't forget to smile.

Bubby
November 9th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I'm glad you and the family had such a good time with Mom at her birthday dinner.

We have to work in Cuba today. We provide ice melt for our tenants for their porches and today we will deliver that. We also have to change four smoke alarms in one unit and work on a toilet and a clogged dryer vent. The Girls will be going with us. One of our tenants allows them to stay with her when we are working. Dottie almost wore her welcome out the last time they were in her apartment. Dottie found her purse and emptied it. Olive got into her knitting yarn and Dottie ran upstairs and went under a bed and started dragging things out. There was some tasty snacks on the kitchen table and Kim caught Dottie moving out a kitchen chair so she could jump up and help herself. Dottie can do so many things to get into mischief.

It's pretty cold this morning and we had a hard freeze. I'm heading to the shower to wash my haircut. Boy is it short. I may not be able to get it to lay down. I don't think it's long enough to get my huge curling iron around so I may have a head of frizzy curls today. Blondie, I wish I could pop over for you to work on my hair!!

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Will check in later. Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
November 9th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Good Saturday everyone~
Up early today and having my first cup of coffee. Couldn't sleep - think it was too warm in the house (too tired to get up and turn it down) and then the dog decided she needed out around 2 and 4 and ... finally got up.

Today is my quilting day at church. I have a baby quilt to get free motion quilted and about 10 snap bags to make. We'll see what I get finished.

Someone from the public affairs office on Parris Island posted a video of a company of the males doing some physical exercises and I'm hoping that they will do the same for the female company down there right now. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of Katie. It's exciting to think that one might be posted before January 24th.

Well, off to gather the quilting supplies.

I hope you get some answers Blondie about your Mom. Give her a secret hug from me!

Hugs,

MayinJerset
November 9th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Wish I had a few of those frizzy curls this morning as my hair is standing up all over the place and it is straight. Sure wish I could hop across the road to Blondie's place for a Good Hair cut.

Sounds like Mom had a nice Bday and hope family meeting goes well and she comes home soon.

We have cold temps here also, high 30's this morning so I better bundle up to go to Pillowcase Sew In at my guild. Need to get there really early as yesterday I found out another guild group has scheduled something for the same place and time. Hopefully we all can accommodate each other as we will be using the Annex building, a small ranch house on the park's property. We, the Project Pillowcases, coordinators scheduled this date and time at the beginning of the year so someone didn't check out the master schedule. We know the other gals so I'm sure we can all do our stuff without any trouble.

Every year the Park that my Guild is associated with has a Holiday Shop, handcrafted items made by park and guild members as well as the general public are on sale beginning the weekend after Thanksgiving until the weekend before Christmas. The gals scheduled a Take In for the Holiday Shop at the same place and time as we will be sewing our Christmas and Winter pillowcases that we distribute early in December.

Better get moving I need to leave in an hour. Have a good day everyone and keep those positive thoughts in mind.

MRoy
November 9th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I hope you're mom is getting well enough to be able to come home soon. Barb, send some of those curls my way. I could use them on this stick-straight hair. I'd love for Blondie to see what she can do with it!

Today is the Homemaker bazaar. I hope the guild items sell good. The members said they raffled a quilt last year and only made enough to cover the cost of the long arm quilting. I've got to finish my coffee and get ready to go help today. Hope everyone has a great day!

nyscpa2be
November 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone!

I only have a minute - I am headed out to my first ever guild meeting, where Joan Ford is the lector. Joan Ford is the author of some scrap quilting books - I saw her quilt at a show, loved it, and found out that she is from Syracuse and will be one town north of me today - so excited!!! (And I think my excitement of spending a Saturday morning listening to a quilting lecture verifies how much the bug bit me - haha)

CrazyMtnLady
November 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone.
Been up quite a while. My coffee isn't working to wake me up this morning.. it has an awful taste. Maybe I shouldn't have scrubbed out the coffee pot. LOL. I guess I will have to add some flavored creamer to my next cup.

Blondie: I do hope you are able to get your Mom back home soon.

Excited that DH should be heading home today or tomorrow. YeeHaw!!

I did half my laundry yesterday and will get the other half done today. That way I will only have DH's laundry to do when he gets home.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

cathy-b-quiltin
November 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Good Morning All! Hubby and I took a little overnight getaway last night. Felt So good to get away!

Today will be going home and doing chores then clean up the mess I am certain my son left for me.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Ginny B
November 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good Morning all. Just a quick pop in to see how everyone is. Having my tea and a quick bite and then it's off and running. Glad you had a good dinner with your mom last night Blondie. Here'e hoping the meeting you will be having brings you some good news and that mom will be home soon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.

Sandy Navas
November 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Everyone listen up: There's a coach heading out, bound from the West to the East with a multitude of stops along the way. Just be ready when it shows up at your house - we are ALL going to North Carolina - I made appointments with Blondie's On The Hill Hair Salon (no, Cathy, not saloon . . . ) so we can have some personal style attention. Get your bag packed, there's room for all!!!! hee-hee.

I'm laughing at the antics of Bubby's Dottie and Olive - sure hope they behave themselves while Barb and Jeff work today. Sounds like my kinda pups. Sure hope Jeff's sinuses are treating him okay. I do, though, feel as if just the thought of his agony has resulted in my sympathetic nose issues!

Wound up my sewing marathon yesterday so I could attend an Estate Sale - fellow quilter from our guild has passed on. These estate sales are held on Friday afternoons for people on their e-mail notification list - especially if the site is close quarters. I sat and waited, even called back home because I hadn't printed out the times, etc., and no one was around. Usually there's a long line of attendees biting at the bit to get in . . . so I told myself, "Sandy, (sometimes I call myself that . . . easier to say than Irma), Sandy there's nothing here that you absolutely HAVE to have anyway . . . " so I cam home and I am NOT going back today.

Sure hope Amy at least comes away with an autographed picture, magazine, book, or bolt of fabric!!

Donna, I'll be down with the frying pan - give me about a half-hour notice when Danny Boy is coming up the drive.

Hugs and special warm wishes to everyone! Listen to Blondie - she says it best. Today is a great day to start all over.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone! Blondie, so glad Mom is feeling better, hope she can get home soon!

It's a no sew day for me today, but my granddaughter is at the sewing machine creating from her stash of scraps. She has a unique vision, but can manage the sewing machine very well! I wonder what she will create today?

We hope to get to the mall today, I need to find some lightweight long johns for eastern Europe in late Nov. think that is a good idea? I know it worked great in Alaska in July!

Have a great day!

toggpine
November 9th, 2013, 11:38 AM
What?!?
Why did I get blamed for thinking Blondie was running a Hair Saloon? Although, I bet that would increase business. You know, if we all showed up at Blondie's, there would be snacks and adult beverages involved somewhere, along with non-stop hugs and chatter!

Honey left early this morning for a shooting competition with the guys. I probably won't see him until 7 or so tonight. Usually when he gets up at this time of the morning to go to work, I barely notice. This morning, when I could sleep as long as I want since there is no school bus to meet, I am wide awake! Grrrr.
I'm running Em to Nana's along with our two big ice chests. Mom & I are going to clean out/defrost her big upright freezer this weekend. Em will spend the weekend with Nana & Grandpa, and I'll bring her home Monday. She's missed her overnights with them since school has started. Mom ought to have her fill of Disney channel by then!

I have a few quick errands on the way home and the rest of the day is for sewing! Hopefully I can get a few projects knocked out this weekend, both sewing & farm related!
Since I have my first cup of coffee half gone, I guess I'll go top it off and get started on that project list!
You all make it a fabulous day, and don't forget to be the reason for someone's smile!
Hugs, Cathy

Shirley
November 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hugging you this morning Blondie and everyone on this forum!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 9th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone! Blondie, so glad Mom is feeling better, hope she can get home soon!

It's a no sew day for me today, but my granddaughter is at the sewing machine creating from her stash of scraps. She has a unique vision, but can manage the sewing machine very well! I wonder what she will create today?

We hope to get to the mall today, I need to find some lightweight long johns for eastern Europe in late Nov. think that is a good idea? I know it worked great in Alaska in July!]

Have a great day!

And here is her creation!

aliaslaceygreen
November 9th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Good morning everyone! Trying to unearth all the projects that need finishing and sorting out my brain, abt what gets done first second and third... (and 4, 5, 6,...) I am always somehow behind!

Sunny but chilly out there today, I work the close shift so have a bit more time to make a mess before heading to the chaos that is is Work.....

take care all, and ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) to those who need them

Mpyles
November 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Good morning!! Jake and I are up and at them but dh is still snoring. I am ready to head back home and get some things done there. Day 8 will fly by.

Blonde hope mom is home soon! Amy enjoy your lecture! Sandy stop at my house. Donna excited for you to see your dh. Barb your little ones sound adorable! I am sure the tenant loves their visits!
Myrna good luck at the sale! Everyone have a great day !

ilive2craft2
November 9th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Good Morning everyone! Sun is shining, but it is cold - I will just stay in and look at it, I think! Our son is home for the weekend from college and he is already up and showered - miracles can happen! Trying to get everything cleaned and moved back to it's proper place. DH finished painting the trim in the living room, so we can now stop living in a piled up mess. Our 5 week construction project that started the last week of July - turned into 10 weeks with the contractors and then longer due to us is finally coming to an end - WooHoo!!!

I have already had 2 cups of coffee and heading back in for another one. Worked on my IQ this morning before coffee and now know why I don't usually sew before coffee. Had to rip out 12 blocks - I sewed them wrong sides together. Sometimes my assembly line style of sewing really bites me in the but - if I do it wrong once, no big deal, but I did it wrong on the whole pile!!! Oh well, ripped out and re-sewed already so no harm done.

Blondie, so glad you all celebrated Momma Ruth's birthday together!

I had some fun last night - we have a friend that cuts our hair at another friends house - we ended up sitting around chatting and laughing - ordered in pizza and just had fun!

Hugs and prayers for everyone!

alliek
November 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Counting ALL my blessings Blondie, (you included). Lovely crisp,sunny day. Giving my mom an extra hug today, in between my usual hugs, for your mom and you. Rejoicing in this day of blessings.

HdWench
November 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Morning all, yes still morning in Arizona for another hour :-) It's delightful to hear how much fun you had Blondie with your mom and sister, hope there is good news for you all real soon

hahah Sandy wouldn't that be a hoot if we all arrived heads ready for whatever Blondie chose, I'm game. Like my last haircut ok but then it grows a bit oh well

Everyone's sewing up a storm (Jean she did have her own creative project, wonder where she get's that from?? :-)

Finally time to wind down, DH's new larger smoker arrived it would be nice to wake up to the smell of BBQ smoker cooking something yummy!

Enjoy your day and smile - Choose to be Happy and it shall come true