PDA

View Full Version : Almost the weekend - here's Thursday

Blondie
April 7th, 2011, 07:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/ytoday.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies and Happy Thursday!

After a nice peaceful night sleep, here I am bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to face another new day. My constant lap rug, Gracie is happily kissing my hand, thankful for my company as well.

DD came home from work last evening with good news of a small raise. She was surprised and over the moon.

No idea what will be for dinner tonite. I am not feeling as industrious as yesterday morning. I tell you that drive to the big city just wears me out. And it isn't that big of a city, lol.

What's up for everyone today?

Off to get ready for the work day.

Loonwatcher
April 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Morning All,

Supposted to be a lovely day here...looks like spring might get here after all. I even heard the weatherman say 70's for the weekend. YAY! Right now it's 18 degrees.

With all the good weather hope you can all get to enjoy the outdoors and nature. Except of course the nature in this picture. hahaha!

I'm off to work and then have an ambulance meeting tonight. Then off to camp tomorrow night and back Sunday. No phone or internet there.

Have a great day!

quiltingtrish
April 7th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Happy Thursday everyone!
Everytime I see your loon, Nancy, I think of my cabin days in Maine on the lake. :)

Trying to get my umpf to get up and get moving. Another day at the 'zoo'. Yesterday they caught 3 kids stealing food from the cafeteria. Seems they have been doing it for awhile. They said they did it to see if they could get away with it. Guess they found out they couldn't. Two weeks ago they caught 9 kids in the school from about 9 PM until 2 AM. Hello? These are all middle schoolers. Almost got hit in the head with a shoe yesterday. One kid got mad and kicked his shoe off in the air when it went sailing. Another one got suspended for lifting her shirt (braless) in a classroom to a boy. I'd like to know where the teacher was on that one. Never know what one will run into at middle school these days. There always seems to be some sort of story going on.
I think the umpf is taken out of us this time of year when the weather gets nice and the kiddos decide they are done for the year. It's frustrating to go over something for 3 weeks and they finally 'get it' - given a quiz and then not have a clue. Then they don't want to take the hints when you give it to them. Only 6 more years Trish, only 6 more years.
You hear about people winning the lottery and keeping their job cause they love it. Not me! I'd take the money and say 'see ya later, alligator!'
Weeeelllllllll - guess I better go get ready.
Have a great day - I'll check in later.
Hugs,

suzieq57
April 7th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I need to make a new tea cozy. Ours is worn out. My husband is a tea nut (5 tea bags in one pot of tea!) It has to be Tetley and you have to warm up the tea pot first and put the cozy on etc. I cringe when he orders tea in a restaurant! Anyway he changed the fabric on my ironing surface for me last night so I thought I would be a good wife and use the leftover material to make a new cozy.

suzieq57
April 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Oh Nancy a great time to do some hand work!

suzieq57
April 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Quilting trish you need to book yourself a quilting retreat!

twnkeyes
April 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Today I'm working on some spreadsheets for my hubby. He has a small side business and so when I can help him, I do. My reward will be quilting this afternoon. If I start quilting before my chores or the spreadsheets they won't get done! Everyone have a great day!

NM Lady
April 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Good morning everone. It has been dry and windy here. Grassfires everywhere. Dry, dry, dry and one little spark will set things off.

Finished 2 BOM this week. One for me and one for my sister that broke her arm. No matter if I make hers first or second, her's is always better. LOL

The pillowcases are such a hit with those in the hospital and think I've got it pretty much down now.

Everyone have a blessed day and please pray for rain in my part of the country....hate to be picky, please not flood waters.

God bless and take care.

LanaMonteith
April 7th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone!!! I'm off to the sewing room as soon as I can tear myself away from the computer!! LOL. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't think about another trip to another docter this week. I'm busy making table runners for the girls who took care of my radiation treatments. They were all so wonderful and fun that it hardly seemed like a medical treatment at all. On the other hand I'm certainly glad that part is now over. Off tomorrow to see another doctor about possible thyroid cancer. I'll be praying for a nice steady drizzle in New Mexico for you Lady, I know its dry over there and hope it stays safe for you. Everyone else have a great day. I hope all of you know in your hearts just how much I love this site and the people here. You've made my life a lot easier lately!!!!

LynneLeavell
April 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Well sitting at work looking at the forum. Suppose to be in the 80's here in Georgia by the weekend. Hopefully will get some sewing done tonight when I get home. Worked on my sewing room some last night. Trying to get things organized in my Garage so I can get out of the living room. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne

patticakes
April 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Quilty Divas!
Sitting here waiting for DD and doggie to arrive! Got up early and made a Texas Sheet Cake for her visit and did some cleaning. Can't wait to give her the rag quilt for Max! Also have other belated B-day presents for her.
No quilting for the next few days but here are some of the 9-patch I have done for the Surfer Girl quilts. The bright colors just make me smile!
Hope you all have a great Thursday!

toggpine
April 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Oooh Patti, those look fun!
I'll chat with you all a little later. Gotta run Em to her appointments, but wanted to stop in and wish you all a good day!
Cathy

sally
April 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Still working here in the mountians....wow did they get A LOT of snow this year.Most I have seen in a long time. Last night I stayed in my motel room and watched home inprovement shows and made yo-yo's. This morning I went to the town's pool and swam. Will be nice to get home though. If you haven't heard Michele (shellscraps) had some real bad news today (Her hubby is getting laid off after 16 years) so please send her your support. Take care!

Loonwatcher
April 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Happy Thursday everyone!
Everytime I see your loon, Nancy, I think of my cabin days in Maine on the lake. :)

You hear about people winning the lottery and keeping their job cause they love it. Not me! I'd take the money and say 'see ya later, alligator!'

I took that picture while at our cabin on a lake in Vermont. Heading up there this weekend and every weekend I can manage through mid-Oct. Except August when it is rented - gotta pay those taxes somehow.

I'm with you...if I win a lottery I'm retiring....in style I might add....LOL

janluna
April 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hello lovely Ladies, You all have so much stuff going on! I'm not doing anything today but resting.
Trish you could write a book about school and the kids. It sounds like it could be a scary Horror story! LOL I don't know how you hang on to doing what you're doing. The kids sound like they are out of control. Middle school huh? Yep, a HORROR STORY!!!
Sally so sorry you have to travel away from home so much. That would make me crazy. I'm a terrible home body. I don't mind going if Joe and family are with me, then its fun. Otherwise I don't want to leave. God Bless you for the work you do. You and Trish both.
Patti you sound so happy and carefree today. It's wonderful! The stress is falling away.
Praying for you to get some rain New Mexico. My friend lives in La Cruses.I probably spelled it wrong. Hope they get the fires under control fast. I don't like fighting brush fires they are sneaky little (bad word)!
Love you all, have a great day everyone and give shellscraps a note of confidence. She's not doing to hot today. She needs some TLC.
Hugs, Jan

shirleyj
April 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Trish,
Your post sounds Sooooo familiar. I just retired from teaching 28 years-middle school. They are a breed unto themselves. Everything you mentioned brought back a "face".And the teaching yourself to death on a subject to see that most of them don't have a stinkin' clue is oh so true. Hang in there and those 6 years will go quicker than you think. Take it a day at a time. Throw rocks at some of the parents and PRAY like crazy for the kids. There seems to be a lot more emotional problems facing our kids today.

shirleyj

Blondie
April 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hi Ladies
Praying for those who need rain, warmth and sanity.
Shirley, good to see you!

middlesis1966
April 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hi all! Just want to stop by and say hey! Its gonna be a busy night, but Im so ready for it. Our guild has brought back the sew night, so I off to learn some new tricks. Have a great night all.

Blondie
April 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Paula, have had you on my mind today. Hugs, and enjoy the guild. Be sure to share your Mary Poppins bag of tricks with us.
Blondie