PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Owls

HdWench
November 9th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Well here it is, Friday night Yahooo for a long weekend

For many people an extra day off means more time with our families, catching up on shopping, cooking ahead of time, and dare I say, maybe some extra cleaning around the house? nahhhh none of us quilters want to do that :lol::lol:

This weekend I'm going to get my new steam mop put together and Amaze myself by cleaning our tile floors (YES Cleaning!!), but I'm also going to finish the top for my Iron Quilt project, get out on the driveway to spray baste and get as far as I can to begin quilting.

What are you planning to do for this long weekend?

*hoot*

Sandy Navas
November 9th, 2013, 12:38 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKNj-eHxITAV568b2NpUUugitsPhQW09GIbwddyU3VzyywmZLk

I know, I know - not Night Owl time for me . . . but anytime Debbie posts I have to check it out . . . and I am definitely wondering why she is planning to CLEAN HOUSE on the weekend . . . that girl needs to see a shrink! Just saying.

My story, and I'm sticking to it, if I didn't create the mess then I don't need to correct it!!

Mpyles
November 9th, 2013, 12:47 AM
We are up at the lake tonight. Gonna winterize and head back tomorrow. Hope to finish the mug rugs and work on the embroidery ornaments. Then ready myself for back to work. Don't wanna think about that right now!!

cyndiofthevortex
November 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Since I'm apparently not moving to Hawaii anytime soon (you can still consider my offer, Lorie aka Hulamoon), I think this weekend will be spent doing more winterizing on the house. That doesn't sound like any fun at all! Okay, got my daytime planner out, writing "sew for at least one hour" on it. There. I feel better already.

Gayle Russell
November 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Well...I want to finish my hand sewing the labels on my "almost finished" quilt.

Make a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to find some styrofoam balls.

I have always liked the folded star ornaments I've seen over the years and nobody ever gave me one. So I'm gonna make my own...maybe some little elf will pass them along to friends.

Start the Lone Star quilt that my daughter has requested for Christmas.

Somewhere in here I have to make time to finish my charting for work or I don't get paid to do the fun stuff.

HdWench
November 9th, 2013, 12:56 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKNj-eHxITAV568b2NpUUugitsPhQW09GIbwddyU3VzyywmZLk

I know, I know - not Night Owl time for me . . . but anytime Debbie posts I have to check it out . . . and I am definitely wondering why she is planning to CLEAN HOUSE on the weekend . . . that girl needs to see a shrink! Just saying.

My story, and I'm sticking to it, if I didn't create the mess then I don't need to correct it!!

:icon_heh: 60 Cantelopes??? too cute

pcbatiks
November 9th, 2013, 01:04 AM
I am going to a few garage sales in the morning with my mom. Hope to find some good stuff........BTW great places to find stocking stuffers! :D Sunday our son & his GF are coming over for lunch. Hope to sew some Saturday afternoon.

HdWench
November 9th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Ohh have a small project to share with the Night Owls

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aamm_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-JoAnn-Site/Sites-joann-project-catalog/default/v1383936254780/images/hi-res/project/pdf/2842815P1.pdf

Lindagie
November 9th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Went to a wine tasting tonight with friends; great time; bought 6 bottles of wine; whoopee! Football Playoff season around here, so watching the little grandsons tomorrow while everyone else goes to the game. Not sure about Sunday;
should probably finish up some quilting projects that I have going; some are Christmas gifts, so better get on it!

easyquilts
November 9th, 2013, 02:32 AM
It's actually 12:30am, but here I am.... Not sleepy...again.... I haven't been quilting much lately, so I am hoping to correct that tomorrow. I seriously need to piece the last row of my Summer in the Park, so I can put my first Falling Charms up on the design wall. Then, I need to finish hand stitching a baby quilt binding, and begin hand quilting the second X's and O's quilt. I will NEVER catch up... There at so many of Jenny's quilts that I want to make... I think the Coin .quilt will be next....

The little dog is snuggled beside me.... I had to medicate his little Chihuahua back tonight....me has allergies that cause his skin to get red and sore.... I washed him with plain warm water, waits for him to dry, then used peroxide on him. Followed that with
Hydrocortisone cream... There wasn't much left, because the other little dog.....whi belongs to my husband....ate most of it.

Looking forward to tomorrow.... Hey... It's Saturday!

Hulamoon
November 9th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Cyndi you can come but it's going to rain all weekend so I'm catching up on house cleaning too. Blah Sounds fun huh? lol

I got my machine up and running so I think I will do some small projects like that cute patch work tree that Kim showed. And I owe someone a mug rug. I went to one of my shops that reopened into a bigger space (beautiful!!) So I bought some really cute buttons on sale to make some fabric boxes.

Cleaning, sewing, cleaning, sewing. Good thing I have my little owl timer!

MayinJerset
November 9th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Hooting in, 60640 mid way through my night.

Since I'm retired I don't get excited when we have a long weekend, it is usually the time I avoid the local shopping centers with their 'special' holiday sales. Do plan a supermarket run as they have cheeses for lasagna and Maxwell House coffee at 1.99 on sale tomorrow, now those of the kind of special holiday sales I like to take advantage of.

Nothing new to say right now so I'll take leave but most probably will be back in a few hours.

kensington
November 9th, 2013, 04:11 AM
It's after 1 am here, my knee is killing me. I'm headed to bed. I'm really tired.

Madeforyouinma11
November 9th, 2013, 04:53 AM

Since I'm retired I don't get excited when we have a long weekend, it is usually the time I avoid the local shopping centers with their 'special' holiday sales. Do plan a supermarket run as they have cheeses for lasagna and Maxwell House coffee at 1.99 on sale tomorrow, now those of the kind of special holiday sales I like to take advantage of.

Nothing new to say right now so I'll take leave but most probably will be back in a few hours.

Coffee for $1.99?! What is it, a cup? We don't have any of those sales here and we drink Maxwell House. The best we did was $7.99 this week for a large container. Good for you, I'd be hitting that sale too!

Madeforyouinma11
November 9th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Long weekends don't make a difference here either. I don't work and hubby is a policeman so he just stays on his normal schedule. I'll probably do a little, very little cleaning early tomorrow and then head into the sewing room. I have many things on my list of things to do. Then I'll try to remember to check in for the "flash sewing" which usually starts Saturdays at 6pm! I'm ready this weekend.

New York Sue
November 9th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Well...I want to finish my hand sewing the labels on my "almost finished" quilt.

Make a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to find some styrofoam balls.

I have always liked the folded star ornaments I've seen over the years and nobody ever gave me one. So I'm gonna make my own...maybe some little elf will pass them along to friends.

Start the Lone Star quilt that my daughter has requested for Christmas.

Somewhere in here I have to make time to finish my charting for work or I don't get paid to do the fun stuff.

JEEZ, Gayle. Great minds think alike. Kind of...
I meant to pick up the stuff for these ornaments today, but got distracted by Ruby's pillowcase project!
I have this Irish Christmas tree theme, and it's all about orange and green. NO orange in stash.
(I know, I know...I'm a non-conformist. What can I say?)

We'll need lots of pins, too, Chica! Don't forget the pins! ;)

easyquilts
November 9th, 2013, 08:02 AM

You can get Maxwell House for $1.99? Oh, wow....

Joan@DebtofGratitude
November 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I'm the early bird, not the night owl . . .

No 3-day weekend for me. Just the regular two days. I hope to finish the front and back of a quilt I'm making for my friend's daughter's 21st birthday. Then Tuesday, I'm taking the day off to drive two hours for a FMQ class at a not-so-local quilt shop/Bernina dealer. I just might come home with a new machine! Will be looking at the Bernina 750 QE and the 780.

And if I get a new machine (and a stitch regulator!), I'm really excited about FMQing the friend's daughter's quilt after that!

MayinJerset
November 9th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Coffee for $1.99?! What is it, a cup? We don't have any of those sales here and we drink Maxwell House. The best we did was $7.99 this week for a large container. Good for you, I'd be hitting that sale too!

It is Maxwell House, the smaller can so that's why it am going to check it out. Sale began Wednesday to Saturday and is limited to 4 cans per supermarket card holder but that's OK, just hope they have the Lite one as that is what we use.

WHAT A DUMMY I AM! Found the 1.99 price on the new circular so the sale begins this coming Wednesday to Saturday. That's still OK because I usually food shop on Wednesdays and this week I'm buying extra stuff for luncheon I'm hosting next Friday. That's what happen when I post in the middle of the night, my body may be up and functioning but my brain isn't. LOL!

HdWench
November 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Oh one last *hoot* item

Sleepy Time Stuffed Owls with Fairfield | Sew4Home (http://www.sew4home.com/projects/pillows-cushions/sleepy-time-stuffed-owls-fairfield)